Talk to me about how great FANTASY is - I NEED it today BADLY

carmel

My morning: Got three kiddos off to school. Came back home to start work. Phone rings. It was a collection agency (WHAT??? - I'm anal about efficiency and punctuality). Evidently a check I wrote a month ago was applied to an incorrect account and they turned me into a collection agency. This was my workplace - I've worked there for 20 yrs. And they turn me in after a month? Not to mention it was their fault. I'm was on the phone - anger level already at a 10 when my 17 yr old's high school called. They said they had called an ambulance because she was having seizures? My daughter is a top athlete. No history of seizures. I don't even remember the drive to the school.

I got there and the EMTs were all around her. I was a wacked-out, blubbering mess. I was shaking so violently that I couldn't hold my purse. To make a long story short, she did not have seizure but very, very bad stomach cramps that caused her to black out. EMTs assured me that all of her vitals were just fine. Once I calmed down and was able to speak to her, I realized that it was from abdominal cramps she occasionally gets - the ladies on here can relate.

I don't have any ill feeling towards the school for telling me seizures. They were angels taking care of her (and me). This is a small community and we all know each other. Yeah, that word scared the absolute sh*t out of me but it just made it all the more sweeter when I found out it wasn't that. I jokingly told my daughter she's not going to college or anywhere else out of my sight for the rest of her life.

ANYWAY........I'm, what is the word, spent? My panic was so high thinking my baby was in danger. I NEED to hear how great the Fantasy is. I'll be on her in a month. I know she's not new and she is small and no Guy's, etc. We were on the Sunshine last year and ADORED her and I sometimes hear bad reviews. So maybe the bad reviews I come across for Fantasy will be the same way.

Also, I'm taking suggestions on the first drink I'm going to treat myself to in honor of this morning. I'm not a big drinker and I usually play it safe with Pina Colada or Margarita but after this morning, I'm up for anything.

Wow, what a day!

We sailed Fantasy last August. This was cruise number 17 after having sailed other much newer ships and on higher end lines.

That said, we enjoyed Fantasy for what she is. Her size makes her easy to navigate and you run into the same folks more often which gives it the feel of a small community. I actually really like the Serenity area on Fantasy and their Waterworks is a blast! Nice, well-maintained miniature golf on the top deck as well. Food and service were very good. If you can swing chef's table, do! It was the highlight of our trip. Piano bar was very nice as well.

Wow! Sorry to hear about your day. My advice on the drinking is to start this morning.

There's always tomorrow and I hope yours hours better than today.

LOL - I had a Mountain Dew - does that count?

I have never been on the Fantasy, but have been on 2 of her sister ships - Elation and Paradise. I have been on bigger, newer, fancier ships both Carnival and other Cruise Lines, but have a soft spot for that Class of ship. They are smaller and more intimate I think! You will have a blast!

Enjoy your cruise, and glad things with your daughter turned out well!

Glad your daughter is ok.

My bank did that once with the big monthly deposit...it went into another account and they had to write 16 businesses for me re the NSF checks...work owes you a few letters and apology!

Only have been on the Paradise...I think the Fantasy class has a charm all their own..historical Carnival decor all with horse shoe bar in atrium and that what is now "smaller" large size..the smaller mid size in passenger ship talk used to be 700 passengers plus crew..LOL.

What they lack in extra places they have in size. There is a window in spa area so fun to sit on that bug ledge after your no extra cost sauna and steam and look at huge sea from there in your robe in the girls room. The tea is usually in Piano bar...I loved that. Smaller ship karaoke and movie time can be more fun..more folks say hi..unique feel. They now have upgraded steak house items on the menu..I think that is cool. And they did not have chef's table when I went..what a perk.

My vote is a sipping bourbon or vodka tonic with lime for your first drink..only because it is what I love first..LOL. I am not able to have a drink at all like I used to...my grandma had one every night...tougher tummy..LOL.

Also if you ever thought about taking the Behind the Fun tour, it's cheaper on this ship.

I went on Fantasy and Breeze last year....the oldest/smallest and the newest/biggest. To be honest, I enjoyed Fantasy more. I didn't care for the playlist shows, but the live bands and comedians were excellent. Food and service were great. I prefer the smaller size ship. It's easier to find my way around and I like bumping into and recognizing people.

Just off the Fantasy on Saturday. We had a great time, mostly went to relax and veg around for the week.

Make sure you stop by and see Elizabeth at the piano bar. She was fantastic!

I had several Cruisers on board. Very strong drink, especially if you get it at the small bar beside the deli. ;)

So glad your daughter is ok! We have sailed the Magic and the Fantasy and I would always choose the Fantasy over the Magic. The food was great and the staff was superior. We loved the serenity deck. Also loved how the buffet was laid out and the the sandwich grill and pizza were right there also and a bar. :) Especially liked the outdoor seating/eating area that was through the doors at the rear of the buffet dining area. So beautiful to sit out there while we ate and it was quiet and peaceful. I could go on and on but we LOVED the Fantasy. not one complaint! Hope your day gets better and dream about that cruise!

So glad your daughter is okay!!! And I would be madder than a hornet at the situation your work put you through - you definitely are owed an apology.

I can't compare - our only cruises have been on the Fantasy, but we love her. We really appreciate the smaller size. It feels closer to the "sea" if that makes any sense. And as cruzelover said you can run into people more often.

As others have said, Serenity on Fantasy is wonderful to watch the wake - beautiful - spent as much time out there as we could. Our suggestion is to have your bathing suits on and right after the drill, pop in one of those hottubs on Serenity, with that drink, to enjoy sailaway :-) Toast the horizon goodbye.

We also liked hiding out in the cigar bar that is no longer a cigar bar...big leather chairs and dark lighting - that felt good on a sunburn after a long day at the beach.

Enjoy! And don't forget to just stay persistent with the work issue - and that "this too shall pass".

I also would suggest drinking the Cruiser, a tasty and potent drink. It goes down nicely all day long. :)

I love the Fantasy, and I bet you will too. When you step foot on her, all those worries will float away, not a thing to worry about, just relaxing and having fun. ENJOY!

Tea is in the forward MDR around 3 on your sea day.

If you like lamb, it should be being carved at the rotisserie. It's between the grill and the other side (Mongolian Wok or something else) also if you just want French fries the rotisserie usually has no line. That grill line can take forever.

Any day on a ship is better than any day on shore! The ship is what you make of it.

As for the drinks, I recommend the Kiss on the Lips or the Mango Swirl. You said you weren't a big drinker, so I am recommending drinks that won't knock you on your behind.

Great ship, been on her 4 or 5 times. We live near the port and it's so easy. The ship is well kept and the crew is very proud of her. You will have a wonderful time! There will be lots of kids, but I guess you know that!

My morning: Got three kiddos off to school. Came back home to start work. Phone rings. It was a collection agency (WHAT??? - I'm anal about efficiency and punctuality). Evidently a check I wrote a month ago was applied to an incorrect account and they turned me into a collection agency. This was my workplace - I've worked there for 20 yrs. And they turn me in after a month? Not to mention it was their fault. I'm was on the phone - anger level already at a 10 when my 17 yr old's high school called. They said they had called an ambulance because she was having seizures? My daughter is a top athlete. No history of seizures. I don't even remember the drive to the school.

I got there and the EMTs were all around her. I was a wacked-out, blubbering mess. I was shaking so violently that I couldn't hold my purse. To make a long story short, she did not have seizure but very, very bad stomach cramps that caused her to black out. EMTs assured me that all of her vitals were just fine. Once I calmed down and was able to speak to her, I realized that it was from abdominal cramps she occasionally gets - the ladies on here can relate.

I don't have any ill feeling towards the school for telling me seizures. They were angels taking care of her (and me). This is a small community and we all know each other. Yeah, that word scared the absolute sh*t out of me but it just made it all the more sweeter when I found out it wasn't that. I jokingly told my daughter she's not going to college or anywhere else out of my sight for the rest of her life.

ANYWAY........I'm, what is the word, spent? My panic was so high thinking my baby was in danger. I NEED to hear how great the Fantasy is. I'll be on her in a month. I know she's not new and she is small and no Guy's, etc. We were on the Sunshine last year and ADORED her and I sometimes hear bad reviews. So maybe the bad reviews I come across for Fantasy will be the same way.

Also, I'm taking suggestions on the first drink I'm going to treat myself to in honor of this morning. I'm not a big drinker and I usually play it safe with Pina Colada or Margarita but after this morning, I'm up for anything.

Did you have a question?

I love the Fantasy! Great crew, wonderful Serenity Deck, well-kept, very manageable to get around. Just got off the Pride. I prefer the Fantasy, except, she doesn't have balconies. I like the more intimate feel of her. And, for an older ship, I thought she was in better shape overall. I hope that ultimately she stays in Charleston or comes to Norfolk, both are close to me. You will have a great time. I like Mojito's. At night, a Spicy Re-mix from the disco.

I've sailed on the Fantasy twice and loved it both times. Always fantastic crew, nice, clean ship!! Was supposed to sail on her again in April 2016 but they switched ships and now I will be on the Ecstasy. I was looking forward to sailing on her again...would have felt like going back home.

I tend to like the smaller ships/less people type.

We have cruise #4 coming up on the Fantasy. She is, to quote Goldilocks, "Just Right". After sailing the Fascination & the Pride as well, perhaps the only thing I will miss is Guy's Burgers and a balcony. She is a beautiful, well maintained ship sailing out of a charming small southern city.

That said, I booked an inside again on the Fantasy, and am looking forward to the Serenity deck, not walking miles to get somewhere, and a very peaceful week. Her décor is very nice.

Sorry you had such a bad day, but glad that you have a trip to look forward to!

I love the Fantasy! Great crew, wonderful Serenity Deck, well-kept, very manageable to get around. Just got off the Pride. I prefer the Fantasy, except, she doesn't have balconies. I like the more intimate feel of her. And, for an older ship, I thought she was in better shape overall. I hope that ultimately she stays in Charleston or comes to Norfolk, both are close to me. You will have a great time. I like Mojito's. At night, a Spicy Re-mix from the disco.

I have to agree, I like the Fantasy better than the Pride myself. The only reason is that I like a smaller ship. The lines are smaller ( obviously!) on the smaller ship . I DO like the Steakhouse on the Pride and I like the bigger Serenity Deck, but I think the ease of getting places on the Fantasy trumps those two things. I LOVE Charleston as well ( 4 hour drive) and LOVE staying there the night before just to experience the Holy City. I am excited about the Ecstasy coming next year to Charleston as well. That Bermuda iten. looks great to me. The Fantasy will be the only ship I have ever done a repeat on, but that's more to do with proximity.

Happy Sailing!

I have to agree, I like the Fantasy better than the Pride myself. The only reason is that I like a smaller ship. The lines are smaller ( obviously!) on the smaller ship . I DO like the Steakhouse on the Pride and I like the bigger Serenity Deck, but I think the ease of getting places on the Fantasy trumps those two things. I LOVE Charleston as well ( 4 hour drive) and LOVE staying there the night before just to experience the Holy City. I am excited about the Ecstasy coming next year to Charleston as well. That Bermuda iten. looks great to me. The Fantasy will be the only ship I have ever done a repeat on, but that's more to do with proximity.

Happy Sailing!

One comment.... Balcony's!