Food Quality

Could the absent staff be sourcing brown sauce ? :D

I have been away for a week at my country club with my lovely friends.

Its great to be back and share my down to earth views on cruising. And this is what I come back to. Moaning about the food quality on Thomson. Lets pause and think again, food quality on Thomson, a great value cruise line that does not cost a lot but has a great vibe and is great fun.

If you complain about food quality, or the service all I can say is shame on you dahlings, and is the world going to end if Thomson does not stock your favourite brand of Brown sauce ? (Yuk) I think not.

Think before you write darlings, Thomson is great value and when its gone you will understand this post. Some are cheap and expect a lot more but it is a great value for money cruiseline.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is back. GO LYNN

Kruzseeka - how did you get the acute accent mark ?

Special keyboard ?

Ha! Bit of a game really! I'm using SwiftKey on the Nexus and couldn't find any alternative letters at all or accents. Then I remembered that I get the option to select café with the accent on predictive text so........... I typed 'touch' then 'café' and deleted the unwanted letters in between. Bit of a cheat really. Searched around in SwiftKey expecting to find other letters - my unsophisticated phone gives them so I was surprised I couldn't do it on here... or perhaps someone knows differently and I just haven't sussed it out yet.

Clever stuff Kruzseeka, I'm impressed.

My old trusty laptop doesn't have this facility.

I remember my father explaining the literal meaning of the word taken from the fencing term.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Clever stuff Kruzseeka, I'm impressed.

My old trusty laptop doesn't have this facility.

I remember my father explaining the literal meaning of the word taken from the fencing term.

Lucky strike WCM. Born out of frustration - I knew what I wanted to write, knew it would be all wrong without the acute and didn't want it to beat me. Won't work for a circumflex though! :rolleyes:

Oh we are all jokers on here today :D

Down south if you ask for a half you get a 1/2 pint of beer - up here in "North Britain" you'd be given a dram, aka a wee hauf.

Some bars (few and far between) still offer a quarter gill measure, rather than the (previously) more common fifth gill.

Sadly the metric 35ml has become the standard in most establishments :(

Enough to persuade me to vote against the EU !!!:D

Looks like someone's got their identity's mixed up again :o

two for one in the same post :D

Bra learns to talk posh and knickers kindly edits the bottom of the page for Bra :D

Maybe they share the same ,posh ,country club ... Tally ho ,etc :cool::D

this post

Edited by kalos
Bra is great go lynn tally ho P&O ...or should we say ooops

Some bars (few and far between) still offer a quarter gill measure, rather than the (previously) more common fifth gill.

This Gill prefers a half pint. I got my nickname donkeys years ago when I was a taxi driver up north, and it kind of stuck.

On Fred Olsen Black Watch at the moment and it has to be said that the food on here is far superior to Thomson, we have noticed a deterioration over the years,we were on the Celebration in February and the food was worse than ever, come on Thomson get your act together!

Glad to hear this as off on Black Watch from Liverpool on 12th July. First time with Fred so will be very interesting. Any other differences we should be aware of?

Off thread again....sorry but just want to say hope it's all going well kalos. If you have as good a time as we did you'll be very happy! ;)

P.S. If you haven't been to Akrotiri - might be worth considering when you get back in the next day or two. And if you do go for €2 (for seniors) the Archaeological Museum in Fira has some of the reconstructed frescoes from Akrotiri (most are in Athens). You can get round in 20 minutes quite easily should you wish but they are stunning and it's absolutely amazing how they've pieced those tiny bits together. Meant so much more having visited the site already. There are also examples of the most beautifully preserved pottery. 4,000 years old! And word of warning - if you plan to do Ancient Thera it's a good strenuous half hour climb from the car park to the top of the site!!!

Hi Kruzseeka,

Just back on Tuesday after a brilliant if hectic fortnight. Weather was fantastic the whole time and Saga's organisation was amazing. Did the Archaeological Museum on day 3 as part of the Island tour of Santorini, then Akrotiri as a half day in week 2 when back from Paros and Naxos, but had the same local guide for both so he was able to make connections between the two for us.

To return to a nautical theme, can recommend Blue Star Ferries 'Delos'.

Max speed, 26 knots, Passenger capacity, 2.400, Vehicle capacity, 430. Bigger and faster than anything Thomson have! Not what you imagine when thinking about Greek ferries!