AARP Carnival Gift Cards Available 10% Off Right Now!

How does this work? Do you need points? or if you are an AARP member you can just purchase?

Thanks!

You have to join the website which is free to join. You are automatically then given 1100 or some odd amount of points. Then you take quizzes and login everyday to earn points.

But now you can watch for them and be ready! They come on about once every week or so it seems.

I will definitely be watching!

Can you use these to pay for the cruise or does it have to be onboard purchases. That's probably a silly question but I'd hate to assume one thing and be wrong.

Does anyone know if AARP notifies members when the cards are available or do you just have to keep checking?

Uh hhh no. Lol. We should all be so lucky. You just have to keep checking. Early a.m. sometimes midday towards the end of the week is when I've had my best luck.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I will definitely be watching!

Can you use these to pay for the cruise or does it have to be onboard purchases. That's probably a silly question but I'd hate to assume one thing and be wrong.

I am applying mine towards my cruises, whenever I get one, I will call Carnival and have them apply it towards my bill. Not sure you can do that if booked through a TA...maybe someone else knows.

I will buy some later to apply to my Gratuities and anything I put on my S & S cards.:D

Does anyone know if AARP notifies members when the cards are available or do you just have to keep checking?

Just keep checking. I had an email from AARP this morning to save on Michael Kors, so I checked that and was able to get 6 $100 gift cards.

I used my last purchase to pay off a balance on a Journeys cruise, I may use this batch to cover on board expenses for the Magic.

Verizon Wireless also had Carnival cards his AM.

Edited by evandbob

As someone who lives on the West side of our country, this chaps my hide. I emailed the company from both Verizon's and aarps site. Their response was "inventory is updated on the Verizon smart rewards website based on availability. Updates are not time zone specific." That really ticks me off. All they have to do is release them later in the day so all time zone can be awake.

As someone who lives on the West side of our country, this chaps my hide. I emailed the company from both Verizon's and aarps site. Their response was "inventory is updated on the Verizon smart rewards website based on availability. Updates are not time zone specific." That really ticks me off. All they have to do is release them later in the day so all time zone can be awake.

I'm on the west coast, too. Recently, the cards have been available later in the morning. You just have to keep checking.

Just curious about how this charge shows up on your credit card?

Is it billed/charged through AARP? Some other entity?

TIA.

It shows on your credit card statement as "Rewards Redemption." That's it. Well, other than the amount. Don't know who bills it, but I would assume that it is AARP as it is their "rewards" program you are using.

They have been known to release them at 1AM Eastern time, which is 10PM west coast time.

I just checked -- there are some $100 gift cards left. You can buy more than one at a time, so see how many they will let you purchase. Try to purchase 5 $100 gift cards -- same as purchasing 1 $500 gift card.

It shows on your credit card statement as "Rewards Redemption." That's it. Well, other than the amount. Don't know who bills it, but I would assume that it is AARP as it is their "rewards" program you are using.

Thank you

Just snagged some more gift cards through AARP.

I was able to get a $500 thanks to your post- I probably wouldn't have checked this early and I'm sure they'd be sold out by the time I got to it this morning. Thank you!

The $500 cards were sold out when I checked, but I was able to get 10 - $100 cards, so that works. I am so glad that I saw this thread because I had no idea that there was such a thing and I have been able to purchase enough to pay off 2 cruises!! Heck yeah, I'll take that 10% discount :D

I am not a member of AARP. How can you buy the discounted gift cards if a member? Are they thru points or if you are a member do you buy them?

Thanks!

Edited by rlkubi

I am not a member of AARP. How can you buy the discounted gift cards if a member? Are they thru points or if you are a member do you buy them?

Thanks!

You don't have to be a member of AARP. You just have to be 18 and older and join their website. Then go to rewards for good at the top of the page and start earning points. You get points for taking quizzes and even for just logging in.