New years Eve cruise?

jackie101

We just booked a 4 night cruise on Carnival Victory which leaves on NYE :) will that be a formal night? Will there be another one? Thanks!!

Yes and bring your party shoes.

Maybe. I was on a 5 day and IIRC we had another "kinda" elegant night, but as always, it's only as elegant as you make it.

The evening of the first sea day is likely elegant night for formal dining, pictures, and M&G with the captain. The evening of embarkation is usually very casual--however yours, since it is NYE, will be a PARTY night with complementary champagne, hats, and noise makers along with NYE celebrations in all the venues--especially the Lido deck party near midnight. Bring your NYE glasses and other stuff for a party atmosphere. Bon Voyage and Happy New Year!

We just booked a 4 night cruise on Carnival Victory which leaves on NYE :) will that be a formal night? Will there be another one? Thanks!!

New Year's Eve onboard is lots of fun. I did it for 2013. Embarkation day is never formal since lots of people don't get luggage delivered to their cabin in time to get dressed up for dinner. Thus that first night is very informal in the dining room. Bring your party favors like those neon things and party hat or glasses. Party City has lots of fun stuff. A memorable time from that cruise for me was watching Kenny Chesney's DVD on the Lido big screen on New Year's Day--I think it was Summer in 3D. What an awesome cruise that was on Sunshine!

You'll only have one cruise elegant night on a 4 night cruise. You will have a great time spending New Year's Day in Key West. And try the Carnival tour in Cozumel where you spend the day at a private beach house.

I know you must be excited! Have a great cruise, Jackie!

New Year's Eve onboard is lots of fun. I did it for 2013. Embarkation day is never formal since lots of people don't get luggage delivered to their cabin in time to get dressed up for dinner. Thus that first night is very informal in the dining room. Bring your party favors like those neon things and party hat or glasses. Party City has lots of fun stuff. A memorable time from that cruise for me was watching Kenny Chesney's DVD on the Lido big screen on New Year's Day--I think it was Summer in 3D. What an awesome cruise that was on Sunshine!

You'll only have one cruise elegant night on a 4 night cruise. You will have a great time spending New Year's Day in Key West. And try the Carnival tour in Cozumel where you spend the day at a private beach house.

I know you must be excited! Have a great cruise, Jackie!

we are very excited! Thanks

Thanks everyone:D. This is our first Carnival cruise and NYE cruise. We have 4 children ages at time of cruise 12-15 and we are going with another family.

I forgot to mention--you will have the option of enjoying the countdown to midnight in the tall atrium where they do a huge balloon drop at midnight, or on Lido deck. I'll bet your kids would love to watch that huge balloon drop. And there will be free champagne flowing for the adults.

Here are a couple examples I found for you on Youtube. (nsfw=loud)

I forgot to mention--you will have the option of enjoying the countdown to midnight in the tall atrium where they do a huge balloon drop at midnight, or on Lido deck. I'll bet your kids would love to watch that huge balloon drop. And there will be free champagne flowing for the adults.

Here are a couple examples I found for you on Youtube. (nsfw=loud)

Those are awesome! Will show the kids, thanks so much:D

Those are awesome! Will show the kids, thanks so much:D

You're so welcome, Jackie! I hope your family has a wonderful time making new memories together. :-)

P.S. I love to hear the ship's horn like that!

We booked our first NYE cruise on the Fascination for us and DS and GF. It will be his 21st BD present. We have been on 16 cruises, but first NYE. TYSVM for the videos. WIll send to DS so he can show GF. This will be her first cruise :)

We booked our first NYE cruise on the Fascination for us and DS and GF. It will be his 21st BD present. We have been on 16 cruises, but first NYE. TYSVM for the videos. WIll send to DS so he can show GF. This will be her first cruise :)

Awesome! That's a pretty special group you've got! A first cruiser and a 21st birthday and NYE! You will have so much fun sharing your first NYE cruise together.

Carnival knows how to do NYE right! I love this thread. I'm so glad that Jackie started it.

Edited by winddawn

Even better both DS and GF are cadets at West Point. So we're trying to cram in as much family time before he grad in 2017. :)

You must be very proud of your DS. West Point Cadets become special leaders so important to our country's future. I hope you'll come back and share a couple of photos with us of all the fun you have on your cruise! Enjoy this special family time!

You must be very proud of your DS. West Point Cadets become special leaders so important to our country's future. I hope you'll come back and share a couple of photos with us of all the fun you have on your cruise! Enjoy this special family time!

Ditto this. Congrats to DS and GF. Enjoy and celebrate.