Rotterdam cruise

We sailed back from Rotterdam last October on Oasis of the Seas. We stayed at the Nhow. It is only about 1 1/2 years old and is steps from the terminal.

I really enjoyed this and had great views.

http://nhow-rotterdam.com/

15780319810_c1baa2d654_c.jpg

This was the view of OASIS from my window at the Nhow

15780316260_ce9fe5c795_c.jpg

Edited by emmy

This is for cruisehabits or anyone else who has flown to Rotterdam & cruised back.

1. If you stayed at a hotel (pre-cruise) where did you stay & was it far from the pier?

Hello there george35 ~

We were actually on the same cruise as emmy who gave the response above. We also stayed at a hotel that was a 3 to 4 minute walk to the port entrance. In reference to the pictures that emmy posted ~ our hotel was situated toward the aft of the ship from where you see it docked in the second picture. If memory serves me correctly the Nhow is across the river and the first picture posted of the Oasis was probably taken from there.

I researched quite a bit prior to our travels. Nhow was an option for us, however; we decided to stay at Hotel New York - Rotterdam. Hotel New York is the former headquarters building for Holland America. You can read reviews about the hotel on line. It has a lot of character and history. We booked in advance and quite happy with what we paid. Actually they upgraded us to the suite upon arrival which was an extra special treat. If location is important and you would rather walk to the port rather then take a cab the Hotel New York is a reasonable option.

Rotterdam was fantastic and I only wish I had planned for a couple of extra days to enjoy the city prior to our cruise. We actually spent a few days in Amsterdam prior to a one night stay in Rotterdam before embarking on the cruise.

If you have the ability to give yourself a day or two to enjoy the city you certainly won't regret it.

We happened to visit Market Hall (be sure to read the reviews) one week after it opened. It was fantastic...... :)

Safe travels to all! :)

Edited by cruisehabits

I am editting my post from above. I went back on line to refresh my memory about the Nhow. I was incorrect about the location.

Nhow is actually on the same side of the river as the Port of Rotterdam and therefore is also only a few minutes walk to embark.

Sorry about the confusion ;)

Safe travels to all! :)

We were also on the Oasis TA from Rotterdam last October.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn near the Train Station (Centraal Station), and it was easy to take the tram to the port on boarding day, maybe 15 minutes.

The location was excellent for us. We were in Rotterdam for three days pre-cruise and took the tram everywhere to see all of the sights. Highly recommend Kraligen Lake to see the two windmills there and have a beautiful walk around the lake.

The hotel was beautiful, it is quite new, modern, and serves a great complimentary breakfast. We would definitely stay there again.

Of course, be sure to see the Cube Houses, the Old Port, and take a harbor tour on a Speedo Boar. It was all wonderful!

Edited by relaxatsea
more information

Hi george35,

In 2010, we stayed at the Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre. It was very convenient to the ship. We took the tram (only 1 or 2 stops).

Enjoyed our 1 day there, went to Delft by train and had the most enjoyable time.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you stayed at a hotel (pre-cruise) where did you stay & was it far from the pier?
We stayed on the ss Rotterdam (V), which is now a static hotel and conference centre. Starting a cruise with a pre-cruise night on board a ship was a great way to do it, particularly as it included experiencing some real nautical history and helping to preserve a piece of Holland America Line's heritage. More details via the link in my signature.

HAL's long-term parking was at that hotel, so we were able to hitch a lift on the free shuttle bus to the cruise terminal to check-in there.