Finding out if there is a group on our cruise

mosaic_mom

How do we find out if there is a group booked on our cruise? The cabins seemed to book really fast and no price drops at all and no FTTF as of yet. We are going on the Conquest in January.

You really can't other than Google theme cruises and your sail dates. They won't confirm any large group on board.

How do we find out if there is a group booked on our cruise? The cabins seemed to book really fast and no price drops at all and no FTTF as of yet. We are going on the Conquest in January.

I go so far back I used to ask Jeeves. I would put my ship, sail date, and a whole series of words just to make sure I didn't book with any size group, and have been very successful. These days I also add social media names to my search, just to make sure I didn't miss something.

I go so far back I used to ask Jeeves. I would put my ship, sail date, and a whole series of words just to make sure I didn't book with any size group, and have been very successful. These days I also add social media names to my search, just to make sure I didn't miss something.

Can I ask, just out of pure curiosity, what is the reason for not wanting to be booked on a cruise with a group? I'm booked as part of a group for my Oct cruise, and I can't imagine why we would be nothing anyone. We will be doing seminars on the ship and themed excursions, but that's about it.

Can I ask, just out of pure curiosity, what is the reason for not wanting to be booked on a cruise with a group? I'm booked as part of a group for my Oct cruise, and I can't imagine why we would be nothing anyone. We will be doing seminars on the ship and themed excursions, but that's about it.

I can understand were the OP is coming from. Do some google research on group cruises in the past and you will see horror stories of people feeling very unsafe and ect.

They also may be concerned that its a Nudist cruise

Happy sailing

Nudists do a full ship charter.

Depends on the group. We've had different groups sail with us. Many are no problem-- family, joggers etc. Other groups pose a problem. We encountered the WAKA group on Princess. They were about 400, mid 20-40's, just too exuberant for Princess. (Evidently they were asked not to return to Carnival.)

Sometimes the problem is a space issue. The groups take over public spaces. We've encountered meeting rooms closed during the day all the way to a complete rescheduling of the shows in the main show room because of a singer and his followers.

I'm on the Breeze in January, and although I can't compare price drops because we have had a few, we also have not had FTTF released yet. I don't think it has anything to do with it being a group cruise. I mean that's not saying you won't find a group on your cruise, but I just don't think Carnival has started FTTF for the 2016 cruises yet. There has been a lot of chatter here about it and no one seems to have been able to get one yet.

For me, I don't care if it's a gay group or a group of quilting church ladies. Nobody from either of those groups would bother me in the least.

But when you get any group on the ship, if it's large enough, it's annoying as hell. They usually travel the ship en masse and will bowl you over to get where they're going.

Some venues are closed for their private functions and public entertainment is canceled or moved around.

I was on a cruise where pax couldn't use the aft pool area in the evening because of some sort of dance group. It wouldn't have bothered me to sit back there and watch them dance and listen to the music, but it wasn't allowed. I wasn't part of the group.

I check for all the reasons already stated, it is good info to know if you are able to move your cruise around. You should look up Theme cruise finder.com and others on the net. This should help.

Sure. It's generally taking over certain areas of the ship, including public rooms that suddenly are off limits.

And in the other public areas, including the dining room, the sheer numbers create excess noise and rowdiness.

Many large groups including families can be very disruptive and are constantly attention seeking with attire and behavior.

I have seen some fairly large family groups on some of my cruises, but there was one group (about 20 or 25, could have been more), they showed up the first night in the dining room and yelled and carried on with the waiters and maitre d because they did not get three large tables put together for them. They had one or two large tables and two smaller ones right next to them, but these people carried on like they were the only ones on the ship, and as if there were not other families or groups. They wanted the tables put together. They did not get their way needless to say. They were so loud and vulgar with their language, that it did make for a very uncomfortable dining experience.

As the week went on, less and less of them came to dinner, but I did see them at the buffet and the pool, no matter where they were commanding their OWN area, and creating a disturbance for the people around them.

Only happened one time though, but still I sometimes cringe when I see groups like that on the first day with their same T's on. But only once was it a quasi problem for me, so I dont worry too much about it.

A group of 100 or 200 or more:eek: That might concern me though.

People just use google remember a thread on here I think it was grown and sexy cruises. People did complain like some of you on here have stated that the ship was taken over in certain places.

I have also seen a group called singles cruise on some of my trips and they also have areas set off for them

Doing research is the best way to find out

Thanks, everyone for all the suggestions. I found a singles group booked on this cruise, but nothing more.

Garsny, I am not concerned about a gay group. People are people to me. Doesn't matter what their sexual orientation is or for that matter what group they belong to.

My reason is because I noticed that the prices were not dropping but cabins were filling up really fast and we are still 8 months out. I don't mind groups otherwise. Actually, unless they are loud or all wear the same shirts, you never know they are there. Sometimes the ones who do get noticed are actually fun. :)

I make sure to check if there's a group cruise. The last thing i want to do is sail with the Gaither Homecoming Choir and all of their flock, or some right wing bible thumping conservative group like I got stuck with before :ugh:

I wouldn't mind it If they were just there. They need to treat religion like a gentlemen's sausage. It's ok to have one and be proud of it. Please though don't whip it out and shove it down our throats.

We will be doing seminars on the ship

This is one reason some people like to know if there will be large groups aboard. Private groups using public venues on the ships often translates into less opportunities for non-group guests to enjoy these spaces for regular cruise activities.

I make sure to check if there's a group cruise. The last thing i want to do is sail with the Gaither Homecoming Choir and all of their flock, or some right wing bible thumping conservative group like I got stuck with before :ugh:

I wouldn't mind it If they were just there. They need to treat religion like a gentlemen's sausage. It's ok to have one and be proud of it. Please though don't whip it out and shove it down our throats.

I just saw the "duck commander cruise". If I were booked on that one by accident I'd definitely change...the early saver penalty would be worth every penny!

My reason is because I noticed that the prices were not dropping but cabins were filling up really fast and we are still 8 months out. I don't mind groups otherwise. Actually, unless they are loud or all wear the same shirts, you never know they are there. Sometimes the ones who do get noticed are actually fun. :)

The group that I'm with are just a bunch of parrot lovers. I haven't sailed with them before, but I can't imagine they will be rowdy. We'll be attending seminars on sea days. At worst, since we'll be on board on Halloween, there might be a bunch of people in parrot costumes. I know my husband and I are dressing up as the parrots from the movie Rio. He is sooooo thrilled, lol. [emoji6]

Edited by bakersdozen12

The group that I'm with are just a bunch of parrot lovers. I haven't sailed with them before, but I can't imagine they will be rowdy. We'll be attending seminars on sea days. At worst, since we'll be on board on Halloween, there might be a bunch of people in parrot costumes. I know my husband and I are dressing up as the parrots from the movie Rio. He is sooooo thrilled, lol. [emoji6]

Parrot lovers or Jimmy Buffet fans? Buffet fans are called Parrotheads.

I would hate to want to be with one group and end up with the other....

They like to travel around in herds. On a cruise without a large group, people are moving around in two or threes, so everything keeps moving. Wait until you encounter a herd in the hallway.

A lot of them also seems to think they are more special being with a group for some reason.

I will not cruise with a large group of anything again.