Coming back but some of these posts...

Had to stop cruising for a while due to work changes. Came to read and catch up on RCCL and some of the posts and comments are not painting a great picture of Royal. Sure some are sour grapes but has the quality dropped that much in two years?

You know what? Both, actually. There have been some cutbacks, price increases, gratuity increases... but we still love Royal and will continue to cruise with them. We also spread the love around and have cruised Princess, HAL, and Celebrity. *shrug*

Personally, I would never give anyone the power to make or break my vacation and that includes the members on these forums. Remember, it's all opinion. My motto (post-cancer!) is "Don't sweat the small stuff." and "Pick your battles.". It makes a huge difference. :);)

This is not the only forum I read as a non-loyal cruiser....the same complaints plus or minus a couple of areas being changed from line to line....it's the nature of humans to let off some steam at change....this forum is pretty tame compared to ncl and some of the changes there....make your plans and enjoy your vacation!

Not much change in the last 2 years for us. When I was younger I used to say I could have fun in a box. I don think I could,say that now unless my best friends were with me. Then I probably could...

But I digress. Yes things are not perfect. But a good attitude and realistic expectations go a long way. I don't have to cook and clean? That's a great dinner. I have to wait in line for a drink? Well I probably need a spacer. The show isn't the best I have ever seen? Well, I might wish I could be binge watching walking dead trying to catch up, so it's way more social to go to a show.

Our rule of thumb is we like to do newer ships (last 8ish years) and bigger ones in the line we are cruising. They tend to have more of the amenities we like. And more expensive, but vacation time is limited...

Keep in mind that there are likely only 5% or so of the folks who cruise regularly come on CC to post their experiences.

Also good to keep in mind that if people have a great time, they are less likely to post about that great time, then those who for whatever reason do not have a great time.

I hope your next cruises is great! :)

I sailed the Oasis in Nov. 2012, Feb. 2014 & Feb. 2015. The only difference I noticed was a positive one. While Oasis was in dry dock last year, they moved Izumi, and opened up that space for more room in the Windjammer. Had great dining and room staff on all three cruises.