Carnival Glory NEW Past Guest Party

Elaine515

Thank you for telling us about the updated past guest party.

It seems almost not worth having with turn-out that low and many keeping to themselves. However, I don't see it being cancelled. People would really have a fit then. I do see them changing it up a bit if it does not seem as enjoyable to those who attend.

Take some action Next time fill out your comment card post cruise and suggest it ..

I love your assumptions that it will be canceled because of turn out.

I am very awake and don's see what you are seeing....

I guess you're not familiar with the captains reception, where they eliminated the free cocktail hour during that vent and created one at the end if the week, burying the event notification early in the week and then claiming there was a poor turnout. And wondering why.

We are going on the Conquest in Aug. and we are Diamond members. Very curious to see how these parties turn out. Sounds like Carnival is trying to slowly do away with our benefits!!!

We are going on the Conquest in Aug. and we are Diamond members. Very curious to see how these parties turn out. Sounds like Carnival is trying to slowly do away with our benefits!!!

Yes, Diamonds will be Cubic Zirconia before long at the rate Carnival is going.

Thanks for posting. I got off Glory the 16th and was on the last cruise before they changed it. I am Gold and not too pleased with this latest change. With that being said, our party was scheduled for the day we were in Roatan and after spending all day on shore, I needed to take a shower and get ready for dinner so I didn't have time to go. Why in the world would they pick that day?! Maybe to cut down on the amount of people going?

Would have been nice if I could have attended my last one for a while, but I kind of feel like they did it on purpose. Strange that now all of a sudden it's on the last day which is almost always a sea day.

Whatever. I'm over the whole degradation of the Gold Status thing. It won't ruin my life, but it sure does make me feel a like they don't give a rat's behind about their Gold Members. Just my two cents.

This is totally how I feel.

I thought the parties were always on a port day @ 5:00 on purpose as well. Camp is closed, so many people with kids would skip going. On our last one, we got back to the ship early and made it, but we were in our shorts as there was no time to change first. It also wasn't super crowded as many describe. This was on the Freedom and it was held in the main show lounge. Plenty of room. Lots of waiters.

I'm over it too. Didn't like this change at all but whatever. I hope plats and diamonds enjoy themselves.

I guess you're not familiar with the captains reception, where they eliminated the free cocktail hour during that vent and created one at the end if the week, burying the event notification early in the week and then claiming there was a poor turnout. And wondering why.

NO NEVER HEARD OF THIS they had a captain's reception . Oh wait 40 plus cruises maybe I have. They can do whatever they want as long as they don't cancel the cruise i'm still on vacation and loving it weather i am paying for drinks or getting a few for free.

Happy boating......

I totally agree. Watch, this party will go by the way side, just like the farewell party did. Last night, everyone is busy packing. What a joke.:rolleyes:

Just a little bit funnier than you can't attend because you have to pack....

The Diamond Party was actually held at 7:15 on Thursday night in the Ivy Lounge, which was the Old Cigar Bar. They left dinner without desert that night :( Drinks flowed, and lots of pastries my Dad said. Of the 7 Diamonds on board, 5 showed up for that one.

Thanks for the update on both.

Why is everything a negative? Why do you people even cruise if you think Carnival, and others, are just out to screw you?

I think it's a good move by Carnival-- good for the people who have cruised the most--what day to have it might be changed down the road when they get more "constructive" feedback.

I say good for the change--smaller crowd in the long run will be a positive change---you've earned it.

No matter what night Carnival picks to hold it, there are going to be people that are ok with it, and people that aren't.

Have fun----make the most of it!!

I agree, the past guest parties had gotten so there was barely room to get in, this is much better. Maybe they should have a "past guest" party for each card color.. Gold, platinum, etc.

It does sound like they will be tweaking the party some. I read an account of one on Magic that was also the last full day. I think it is a good move and might help slow down those who only show up to slam down drinks - or be booted off the ship the next day with a hangover.

But theirs went like this:

"I am just coming off the Magic this AM. I know this is a sore spot with the gold cruisers but I have to say the past guest party yesterday was the best one I have attended in years. They held it in the Spotlight Lounge. There was a dance floor and live band. The appetizers were much better than they have been recently. Service was very good. No people pushing and shoving or waving arms around to get drinks. I really enjoyed it. I think if you Diamond and Platinum cruisers have stopped going you might want to check it out again on your next cruise. Very enjoyable. The CD Eli even got some folks up dancing and doing the wobble, myself included. I think this is one of the best decisions Carnival has made recently!"

I'm not a conspiracy theory type, but the timing makes me wonder if it is designed to discourage attendance. It does seem right in line with other odd decisions lately.

If I had a vote, I would very much prefer it earlier in the the cruise.

So this is supposed to be 'tweaked' by the end of the month? Wonder what that means? Maybe because of the low attendance, the invitations will include ONE GUEST only from the Plat/Diamond's room. Bottom line... Carnival is a business.

So, if I am cruising with someone and they aren't platinum, I have to go alone? IMO each platinum should be allowed a guest and they should check invitations or seas passes at the door.

That may be the party line, but I would still check once on the ship. Should be doable.

I'm not a conspiracy theory type, but the timing makes me wonder if it is designed to discourage attendance. It does seem right in line with other odd decisions lately.

If I had a vote, I would very much prefer it earlier in the the cruise.

The cocktail restrictions seem to suggest CCL doesn't want you to use the ticket. The times for the Past Guest Party have never been good on all my CCL cruises.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in (beard) board meetings.

So, if I am cruising with someone and they aren't platinum, I have to go alone? IMO each platinum should be allowed a guest and they should check invitations or seas passes at the door.

Being allowed to bring ONE guest would make sense as a change and I hope that does take place. If they change it, great! If not they'll just continue to look like they're pinching pennies with their "valued" returning customers.

The cocktail restrictions seem to suggest CCL doesn't want you to use the ticket.

Being allowed to bring ONE guest would make sense as a change and I hope that does take place. If they change it, great! If not they'll just continue to look like they're pinching pennies with their "valued" returning customers.

agreed on both points

The cocktail restrictions seem to suggest CCL doesn't want you to use the ticket. The times for the Past Guest Party have never been good on all my CCL cruises.

It suggests to me they are trying to increase bar sales on the last night just like the prior drink ticket was to increase attendance at the brunch.

By putting the Past Guest Party at the same day and time on all ships at least passengers can plan ahead.

It suggests to me they are trying to increase bar sales on the last night just like the prior drink ticket was to increase attendance at the brunch.

By putting the Past Guest Party at the same day and time on all ships at least passengers can plan ahead.

Perhaps, but I disagree. Just my opinion, but I think CCL is looking to save some money by not spending it, over taking a chance on making money from free drink coupons.

I agree. I'm Platinum next cruise and DH is not b/c I have cruised 1 or 2 more than he.

When I was gold and he was not, I went to the PGP w/o him and had a LOUSY time.

Won't do that again. No fun. I will wait a few years until he is Platinum but I will be honked off about it. :mad:

Thanks, Elaine, for reporting back. Funny thing, we were on the cruise 2 weeks before you, same as Mary, and "Elvis" was on that cruise too!! but he didn't sing at the party!!

Pat

Glenn/Elvis was actually on a b2b2b2b (is that 4 cruises ?) lol so Yes, it was the the same one...You're lucky he didn't sing for you guys !!!

I think the Platinum and Diamond guests should be able to bring all the guests they wish, as long as all of them are also Platinum or Diamond.

I have attended a number of Past Guest Parties by myself. Hasn't killed me yet.