RCCL Bank of America Visa compromised

BoFa cards don't have a chip in them yet, but they will eventually. More than 250 million cards already have them. My Chase card and AMEX have them.

If they put a skimmer on an ATM or retail swipe machine they can get the info from cards magnetic strips and don't need a chip. They will get you one way or another.

This video is really enlightening.

Our B0fA Platinum Plus had a Chip and our new Signature Visa card has a chip in it.

BoFa cards don't have a chip in them yet, but they will eventually. More than 250 million cards already have them. My Chase card and AMEX have them.

If they put a skimmer on an ATM or retail swipe machine they can get the info from cards magnetic strips and don't need a chip. They will get you one way or another.

I just got the RCCL card last week, and I also signed up for a couple of other Visa cards for the mileage bonuses (one is Chase, the other Capital One). All these cards have chips now, but they're still just chip & sign (not chip & pin) - so yeah, they still have all the information in the magnetic stripe.

I just got the RCCL card last week, and I also signed up for a couple of other Visa cards for the mileage bonuses (one is Chase, the other Capital One). All these cards have chips now, but they're still just chip & sign (not chip & pin) - so yeah, they still have all the information in the magnetic stripe.

All US credit card companies been mandated to use EMV chips by October 2015. They are not the same as their predecessor RFID chips. They have shifted liability so that the card companies are only liable for fraudulent purchases on chip cards. They will not be liable for fraudulent purchases from a POS using magnetic strip technology. That liability will be assumed by merchants.

Edited by Big_G

We received new cards too. I couldn't find any fraud on my account.

There have been chips in all our cards for the past 10 years. Some stores here have been using the chip readers at their registers for a couple of years.

We received new cards too. I couldn't find any fraud on my account.

There have been chips in all our cards for the past 10 years. Some stores here have been using the chip readers at their registers for a couple of years.

But, you still have to sign when using your card. You don't have a "pin" number to enter in that replaces the signature.