Are you happier with the new overnight on the cruise you had booked?

C 2 C

Were you asked if you were willing to lose a port in favour of the overnight?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. Were you asked if you were willing to lose a port in favour of the overnight?

• Yes. Celebrity asked for our preference.
    • No. Celebrity did not ask for our preference.
    • Yes. I prefer the overnight.
    • No. I prefer to visit another port.

The people who seem unhappy are like myself booked for 2016,2017 and have had their Iteniary changed, we should of been given the choice PRE booking not POST booking, hubby and Myself agree we would of changed to a previous wonderful cruise but alas that now loses St.Kitts where I have Friends......

If youare unhappy please please bombard Dondra ritzthaler on fb, please. Please mail cpncerns@celebrity.com, please post on fb and twitter. Unfortunatelyvwe cannot contact the new ceo but if Celebrity keep getting negative posts they might take notice- so ill thought out- europe is brilliant for overnights bur NOT the caribbean- I for one would not feel safe orcwish to pay for an excursion to a seedy bar when I can have luxury onboard!

that last post has a type....it's concerns@celebrity.com and that's the email for "celebrity Cruises", or likely their department. That ID is the "official" celebrity ID on CC.

I'll add that "celebrity cruises" stated today in some thread that the change was NOT for safety. Whoever in Europe is stating that the change is for safety is apparently misinformed.

Edited by ghstudio

Poor old tired Celebrity....

They could have rolled this stupid change out when they released new sailing dates. That would have made the most sense.

Instead they chose to make radical changes to existing itineraries, saying that the masses asked for it.

WHO exactly were those people who asked for an overnight stay on all of the sailings of 10+ nights??? From the opinions I've read, they certainly were NOT loyal Celebrity cruisers.

It is always sad to see the TAIL wagging the DOG....

We lose our deposit in the UK if we cancel but I'm still checking other ideas before we decide what to do. I have to admit it's not a deal breaker for us but I'd have rather have the other port

I have had my cruises changed as well . Unfortunately whilst we can change the cruise because we booked via a USA. TA , our transatlantic flights are booked for the first one next January so a bit stuck -but heyho we chose to book via USA [emoji32]

However I opine that any UK bookings have a strong legal claim. Celebrity have already stated the reasons were to mirror the Med cruises so have breached the contract on law ( as opposed to their terms & conditions).

i realise that I will get flamed from across the pond but I would ask any UK bookers to consider the situation here http://m.travelweekly.co.uk/Article.aspx?cat=news&id=54387

If Fred Olsen pay compensation for a Norovirus outbreak which many would believe was out of their control then what odds Celebrity. They have chosen to make what any reasonable person would believe to be a significant change. I do not believe for one minute that FO caved in without looking at the legal implications in the UK.

Good luck to the UK bookers - wish It had been me . Just have to spend a night looking at the dock in Curacao because I am sure I will not be risking it downtown [emoji12]

The 14 day eclipse, Jan 22, 2017 stops in Bonaire

before overnighting in Aruba and staying late in Barbados.

They cut out Antiqua.

Come join us.

I am on the same cruise [emoji41].

Are you saying that Bonaire will be visited and X will not change the itinerary [emoji33]

Never been but by the comments on here it seems good ?

Edited by gcgold

It's our Christmas cruise that we do every year and now the port day is going to be a day on ship. Christmas happens once a year so date wise don't move it. Considered swapping it to the Abu Dhabi trip but it's all ex,orang and by Xmas DH needs a rest and relaxation. Guess we've now got an extra relaxation day. I'm just concerned everyone else will do the same.

I just wanted to let everyone know I spoke to Celebrity today and advised them of how unhappy we were. They did say they were logging all complaints and were surprised by how many people were complaining. They said hopefully if enough people get the complaints in they may change it back.... So keep calling in people!

I just wanted to let everyone know I spoke to Celebrity today and advised them of how unhappy we were. They did say they were logging all complaints and were surprised by how many people were complaining. They said hopefully if enough people get the complaints in they may change it back.... So keep calling in people!

I am sure that is what they said to you.

I am equally sure that they are very sincere in these utterances.

No doubt the Celebrity Official will be on here very soon asking us our views [emoji12]

Come on people, 2 weeks in the Caribbean on a beautiful ship and all that some can do is complain about one port change. Time to let it go.

well said . your free upgrade is on its way [emoji12]

Edited by gcgold

Come on people, 2 weeks in the Caribbean on a beautiful ship and all that some can do is complain about one port change. Time to let it go.

Yes and that beautiful ship was scheduled to sail to that island when most people booked.

Are you on one of the affected cruises?

According to your opening statement, two weeks could be spent on the same beautiful ship just sailing around the Caribbean in circles. That is not what was offered, that was not what people on the cruises booked or asked for.

For your information there was no change of port .

One was dropped altogether to allow for an overnight in a port that we

were not scheduled to leave until 11 pm in any case..

Perhaps you would be happy to remain at the embarkation port for

14 days and enjoy the beautiful ship.

If you had hoped to shorten this discussion with you post you can see that

you have in fact extended it.

For your information there was no change of port .

One was dropped altogether to allow for an overnight in a port that we

were not scheduled to leave until 11 pm in any case..

Perhaps you would be happy to remain at the embarkation port for

14 days and enjoy the beautiful ship.

If you had hoped to shorten this discussion with you post you can see that

you have in fact extended it.

We booked specifically so my brother-in-law ( and it was sis and BIL's first cruise with Celebrity which we were paying for their 30th Wedding Anniversary) could visit friends in Belize........... Any more comments to those who have happily booked for the Iteniary, thought we would change but no lo and behold St.Kitts were I have family has been binned also !!!

Arno, thanks for the poll.

We are booked on March 24, 2017 Ultimate Caribbean 10 night, booked becaues of port call at Dominica. Dominica dropped for overnight in St. Maarten. Yeah, been there so many times do not even get off ship. On phone holding for Celebrity at the moment. Was never notified, found out on CC message boards. Most likely will cancel. Must be a better port to overnight in. Would have been nice if this had been done prior to selling to loyal cruisers.

We are booked for same itinerary in Feb and was sent a very small email. Totally agree with St Martin as a negative. Too commercial - flea market and annoying port. Can you imagine taking one of the minions of water taxies - I mean bathtubs with motors, in the dark after dinner. ah, no.

I think the overnight anywhere else in the world would be great, but not necessary in the Caribbean especially not at the commercialized ports. This is all about $$$. Saving - fuel, port charges, and charging more for more excursions for dinner. I believe the Vote they took were from the other world ports and passengers said it was great to have the extra time. After 6 hrs in a Caribbean port even new comers are ready to move on.

We cruise the Caribbean for the sea, weather, relaxing ship experience, so that's what we want. Debating canceling and spending a bit more on Seabourne or other smaller ship which hit the less commercialized ports. Vote with your $$$ right.

Correct, we booked in March to be told in May of the change might be a small change to CC Members who have not got a cruise booked ! But for me Belize was the Port my Brother in law had at the top of his first cruise list

I have had my cruises changed as well . Unfortunately whilst we can change the cruise because we booked via a USA. TA , our transatlantic flights are booked for the first one next January so a bit stuck -but heyho we chose to book via USA [emoji32]

However I opine that any UK bookings have a strong legal claim. Celebrity have already stated the reasons were to mirror the Med cruises so have breached the contract on law ( as opposed to their terms & conditions).

i realise that I will get flamed from across the pond but I would ask any UK bookers to consider the situation here http://m.travelweekly.co.uk/Article.aspx?cat=news&id=54387

If Fred Olsen pay compensation for a Norovirus outbreak which many would believe was out of their control then what odds Celebrity. They have chosen to make what any reasonable person would believe to be a significant change. I do not believe for one minute that FO caved in without looking at the legal implications in the UK.

Good luck to the UK bookers - wish It had been me . Just have to spend a night looking at the dock in Curacao because I am sure I will not be risking it downtown [emoji12]

We have booked via UK this time, have done the U.S. Thing when we didn't get the free beverage package last year and it worked out ok but there hasn't been a significant enough difference in cost to have to worry about exchange rates since then. We do however book flights as soon as they are available. We save Virgin mikes and use these when we travel to the U.S. To get as good an upgrade as we can but you have to do that as soon as the flights appreciate available to get the "nearly" free upper class seats.

To be honest I am a bit February up that in 2006 we get an overnight in Curaçao as that is probably one place in the Carribean that we don't like but having been in Bonaire a few times we are now happy to skip that.

What we don't like is to miss Grenada as that is one place that we really like. We walk there all the way to Gand Anse beach.

None of the changes are enough to make make to want to stay in the UK in February and March. We can always stay in the 5 star hotel we are travelling in.

Considering the difficulty and planning required in making such an itinerary change and the extensive "you asked we answered" advertising campaign, the obvious answer is that they called some people for the sole reason of being able to support their ad campaign slogan. It is easy to design questions and surveys to support a conclusion in advance, and to design statistics that way as well. Besides 85% of all people know that 73% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

As for all the complaints here: Those that don't like the idea would do well to complain on Celebrity's social media as well.

One of the things we look forward to while cruising is the sail-away from port and the evening activities at sea. We also love walks on deck, or sitting on our balcony at night, just staring out to sea. This just wouldn't be the same while docked at a port. We also love having coffee on the balcony in the morning while the ship pulls into port.

I also agree with others that the Caribbean offers little appeal in terms of overnight activity compared to some European cities where we've overnighted in the past such as Venice. I'd much rather be on the ship enjoying the food and entertainment we've paid for and this is just more fun while cruising and not while tied up at the dock.

I have sent everyone of these very constructive comments to the office of the CEO in the hope someone may persuade them to change their minds re caribbean. I wouldnt cancel but do feel sad that so many people are. Its all very well for one caustic cruise critic person to say put up or shut upbut actually lots of peoplebooked their cruises for specific itineraries and have every right to comment

Edited by Prewelli

Considering the difficulty and planning required in making such an itinerary change and the extensive "you asked we answered" advertising campaign, the obvious answer is that they called some people for the sole reason of being able to support their ad campaign slogan. It is easy to design questions and surveys to support a conclusion in advance, and to design statistics that way as well. Besides 85% of all people know that 73% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

As for all the complaints here: Those that don't like the idea would do well to complain on Celebrity's social media as well.

One of the things we look forward to while cruising is the sail-away from port and the evening activities at sea. We also love walks on deck, or sitting on our balcony at night, just staring out to sea. This just wouldn't be the same while docked at a port. We also love having coffee on the balcony in the morning while the ship pulls into port.

I also agree with others that the Caribbean offers little appeal in terms of overnight activity compared to some European cities where we've overnighted in the past such as Venice. I'd much rather be on the ship enjoying the food and entertainment we've paid for and this is just more fun while cruising and not while tied up at the dock.

So agree

I have sent everyone of these very constructive comments to the office of the CEO in the hope someone may persuade them to change their minds re caribbean. I wouldnt cancel but do feel sad that so many people are. Its all very well for one caustic cruise critic person to say put up or shut upbut actually lots of peoplebooked their cruises for specific itineraries and have every right to comment

I agree with you completely . The caustic cc person is probably a fully paid up member of the tipping brotherhood [emoji41]

I was called by a very nice young lady yesterday from the CEO office. I accidentally sent an e-mail to a personal address, as I did not realize it was one till afterwards, and she was wondering how I got that e-mail. I would never have done this had I known, as personal e-mails should not be part of this discussion.

Then we went on to talk about my e-mail which requested that our itinerary and Bonaire be reinstated on our Jan. 10, 2016, Eclipse cruise.

She said they are listening to all this feedback, so I think it is a good idea to let them know your opinions. I also let her know that I still had had no e-mail from Celebrity stating this itinerary change, and only knew about this from Cruise Critic. She was shocked and agreed this was not okay.

I suggested that in these cases a direct e-mail should come to those booked whether they booked through a TA or directly through Celebrity.

To this date, I still have not had an e-mail regarding this whatsoever!

I will not be cancelling, as we have wonderful perks on this cruise, and I have many many things booked already, however, I doubt I would ever book again with any overnights in the Caribbean. It is just not what we are looking for in a Caribbean cruise.