Princess Élite questions ?

nimiq

Of the above listed are there any you like?

We have a friend who loves the Genoa Salami Stuffed with Egg.

Always orders rather than the strawberries back when we could order them.

LuLu

We got 3 of the egg & 3 prawns which were okay and better than the soggy breadstick covered in ham or what looked more like fishing salmon eggs one. ;)

Maybe my palate isn't sophisticated enough but we didn't order "deluxe" canapés after the initial formal night...maybe that was the goal of Princess when they removed the chocolate covered strawberries. :confused:

Edited by Astro Flyer

April Ruby cruise, this was our first time without them. We wrote in and got nothing delivered so for 15 days didn't put out card. Used to have a chocolate truffle too and it also is gone.

I know not related, but any (2) Elites in Suite notice only 2 bar setup now? The third was usually just more soda/water for us.

Seadeck2

I did as suggested. I posted the question about the Chocolate Covered Strawberries on Princess' Facebook page. This is the reply post:

Princess Cruises Deluxe canapes on formal night remains a Captain's Circle benefit, but occasionally the selections may change. We hope you enjoy one of the other options!

With an exclamation point at that. I replied to their post...to at least offer a chocolate replacement (truffles, Godiva, chocolate lollipops).

HUH ????

HUFF !!!!

Edited by cr8tiv1

No pictures, but... We stopped them years ago as just more food we didn't need especially with early dining. They are pretty standard cut up breads w/toppings of egg, salmon mousse etc. Don't know about afternoon tea in stateroom, but in the dining room it is fairly nice with service passed by wait staff, soft music. Will probably go this upcoming trip 7/31 to AK as daughter-in-law will be w/us. She loves her afternoon teas...

Transatlantic on the Caribbean Princess with three (3) formal nights. No chocolate covered strawberries. We were disappointed as that is (was) really a special treat.

One would have thought with all the hype about 50th anniversary and all the Love's chocolates specials that the one thing they wouldn't eliminate is chocolate strawberries.

Darn. And still being on vacation in Europe when the post cruise survey came I forgot to mention it. :(

I did as suggested. I posted the question about the Chocolate Covered Strawberries on Princess' Facebook page. This is the reply post:

Princess Cruises Deluxe canapes on formal night remains a Captain's Circle benefit, but occasionally the selections may change. We hope you enjoy one of the other options!

With an exclamation point at that. I replied to their post...to at least offer a chocolate replacement (truffles, Godiva, chocolate lollipops).

HUH ! ! ! !

YIKES! :eek:

It's sad that they basically blew you off saying "occasionally the selections may change". HUH?? This isn't the "occasionally out of strawberries" situation because their most recent form has eliminated them.

I would have preferred a more honest answer such as "we're saving money so just deal with it elite level passengers". :rolleyes:

Thanks for asking & reporting back to us because not all of us are on Facebook.

We better not speculate about what could be the next thing eliminated...we don't want to give Princess any ideas! ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

YIKES! :eek:

It's sad that they basically blew you off saying "occasionally the selections may change". HUH?? This isn't the "occasionally out of strawberries" situation because their most recent form has eliminated them.

I would have preferred a more honest answer such as "we're saving money so just deal with it elite level passengers". :rolleyes:

Thanks for asking & reporting back to us because not all of us are on Facebook.

We better not speculate about what could be the next thing eliminated...we don't want to give Princess any ideas! ;)

I also posted on Princess FB page and ask them what happen to the Strawberries and got the same answer as the previous poster.

I replied back to Princess that maybe they should listen to cruise critics board as here is where we get the pulse of what is liked or not.

sea ya

Eric

HUH ????

HUFF !!!!

Well since they've eliminated the strawberries we take 1/2 dozen of the truffles on a plate to make up for it. They're better anyway. :D

I wonder how long they will last? ;)

I also posted on Princess FB page and ask them what happen to the Strawberries and got the same answer as the previous poster.

I replied back to Princess that maybe they should listen to cruise critics board as here is where we get the pulse of what is liked or not.

sea ya

Eric

How much Princess (or any cruise line) listens to opinions on CC has been debated. Some who have posted about problems during a cruise & then were contacted by ship's staff so apparently someone reads CC.

CC is probably a free unscientific source that cruise lines read as just one source of what some passengers think about any cruise but it's doubtful to me that "the tail wags the dog". ;)

Well since they've eliminated the strawberries we take 1/2 dozen of the truffles on a plate to make up for it. They're better anyway. :D

I wonder how long they will last? ;)

We were in a full suite & are elite on our last cruise on the Golden last April, 10 days never saw any truffles. I seemed to remember that was what they gave us on formal nights.

On many of the Princess ships I used to write in, white chocolate covered strawberries & I used to get it. I guess it sounds like that is over. On that last April cruise, when I wrote that in, I got reg chocolate covered strawberries or nothing.

Here is a little heads up for a b/b booked as one cruise. We obviously have 2 sets of internet minutes and as Dudette doesn't use hers I run mine down to almost nothing then set up an account in her name and burn up her minutes. On the second leg of our cruise earlier this year I set up her account to find that her minutes had been reduced to that of a single 7 day cruise. I spoke with the Internet Café Mgr and the Captain Circle Hostess all to no avail...so I had a pleasant discussion with the Hotel Director at our M&G, he said that was ridiculous, made a note of it and had it corrected. So my message is...don't delay in setting up your internet account(s).

We were in a full suite & are elite on our last cruise on the Golden last April, 10 days never saw any truffles. I seemed to remember that was what they gave us on formal nights.

On many of the Princess ships I used to write in, white chocolate covered strawberries & I used to get it. I guess it sounds like that is over. On that last April cruise, when I wrote that in, I got reg chocolate covered strawberries or nothing.

I called them truffles but their the chocolate things on a stick they hand out at the champagne event in the piazza- They weren't an item that you could order in place of the strawberries. Sorry about the confusion.