Bank Close To Premier Inn W Quay

The http://www.booking.com website states that the Premier Inn West Quay has an ATM machine on-site. I hope so, as we're planning to use it in August.

Linda

Was wondering if there is a bank near the hotel to withdraw money. Have enough pounds to pay Smith but need local money to eat, etc. Would prefer not to stop at airport.
Edited by lke

Across the street from the hotel in the mall there are several ATM machines at least one of which charged no fees. I think it was Barclay's but can't remember for sure. Ask at one of the stores for directions to the machines. They are on a side aisle near Marks and Spencer, I think.

<<<Karen>>>

The http://www.booking.com website states that the Premier Inn West Quay has an ATM machine on-site. I hope so, as we're planning to use it in August.

Linda

We stayed at the Premier Inn West Quay three weeks ago and there is an ATM machine in the lobby and I did use it. I don't recall if there was a fee or not.

If the hotel ATM is not a BANK ATM the rate will be much higher. Good place to boost profits.

Just to say that ATMs that charge fees have to say so clearly and explicitly. The 'free' one usually have a big sign saying "FREE CASH WITHDRAWALS"

They used to say "FREE CASH" but that was changed... :)

Just to say that ATMs that charge fees have to say so clearly and explicitly. The 'free' one usually have a big sign saying "FREE CASH WITHDRAWALS"

They used to say "FREE CASH" but that was changed... :)

It's not so much the fees, Bob, it's the use of dynamic currency conversion - so the operator sets the exchange rate per transaction, it's not done by the card issuer at wholesale rates. For example, TravelEx who have a big ATM estate at airports, stations and hotels always use DCC. In fact, they may be fee-free, but make money off international travellers through DCC....

This from their own website:

"We are keen to expand into new sites where there is significant international footfall and/or demand for foreign currency. With our superior ATM technology and experience, we are the expert in driving revenue from ATMs by deriving maximum return on each transaction."

Edited by Cotswold Eagle

Was wondering if there is a bank near the hotel to withdraw money. Have enough pounds to pay Smith but need local money to eat, etc. Would prefer not to stop at airport.

You can cross the road outside hotel and walk into the Southampton City centre from the hotel. Easy to find not far at all and hotel easy to find on return. It is a simple stroll.

Regards John

This from their own website:

"We are keen to expand into new sites where there is significant international footfall and/or demand for foreign currency. With our superior ATM technology and experience, we are the expert in driving revenue from ATMs by deriving maximum return on each transaction."

Sneaky:eek: