Celebrity says you are upgraded but not true

cruise redhead

I guess I have truly 'missed the boat' on these upgrades. We're Elite and Captains Club..never have we been upgraded for eg C3 to C2, nor have we paid the lower price. We book through the X rep and it's never mentioned to me that this is a possibility (duh! why would they if we're not smart enough to request it). Our cruise isn't until next March; should I contact our Rep or transfer this to an agency? Please advise...I feel pretty stupid right now.

You have company! I didn't realize that C3 could upgrade to C2 either, and I thought I paid pretty good attention to this stuff! We booked our cruise for 11/2016 and the TA (an unnamed warehouse type place) booked our most favorite C2 cabin as requested. When we got the invoice, we were charged the C3 price! I don't know who requested the discount, but we got it. That's when I learned that they had expanded the upgrades.

So armed with this new information (to us!) I got to thinking about our 11/2015 cruise. We got a great deal on a C3, but I kept my eye open in case a good C2 came up. Sure enough, the other day, it did. So I called the TA (a different, online, big one) and asked if we could switch cabins with the Captain's Club upgrade. She was willing to do it with no problem, other than the fact that this cruise is over Thanksgiving, so no upgrades over holidays. So yes, if I were you I would give it a try. As far as switching to a TA, how long ago did you book your cruise? To switch there is a time limit, within 60 days of initial booking. Good luck!

Hi, there are some restrictions and conditions to the " so called upgrade"...

please take a look what is printed in the CC benefits;

"One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking. "

Edited by wieslaw

My partner and I are both Captaiin's Club Elites. We just put a deposit on an aqua class guaranteed cabin. Is our elite status of any use in this situation? We got a super rate based on 55+But,are curious about guaranteed cabins and upgrades in general.

Is XA the code for guaranteed Aqua class?

Edited by Steve007NY

Yes it is .

According to the rule or explanation of the "One category upgrade" XA is excluded.

"Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. "

Ah well!

Interestingly, on the north-bound Alaska cruise we're taking, being in port side with balcony is much more important than what deck we would be on ( to us at least) but bet with guarantee we'll have to use our binoculars and try to see Russia like Sarah did!

Ah well!

Interestingly, on the north-bound Alaska cruise we're taking, being in port side with balcony is much more important than what deck we would be on ( to us at least) but bet with guarantee we'll have to use our binoculars and try to see Russia like Sarah did!

I'm sure you'll do better than Sarah, as she never said that. Have you seen all 57 states yet?;)

You have company! I didn't realize that C3 could upgrade to C2 either, and I thought I paid pretty good attention to this stuff! We booked our cruise for 11/2016 and the TA (an unnamed warehouse type place) booked our most favorite C2 cabin as requested. When we got the invoice, we were charged the C3 price! I don't know who requested the discount, but we got it. That's when I learned that they had expanded the upgrades.

So armed with this new information (to us!) I got to thinking about our 11/2015 cruise. We got a great deal on a C3, but I kept my eye open in case a good C2 came up. Sure enough, the other day, it did. So I called the TA (a different, online, big one) and asked if we could switch cabins with the Captain's Club upgrade. She was willing to do it with no problem, other than the fact that this cruise is over Thanksgiving, so no upgrades over holidays. So yes, if I were you I would give it a try. As far as switching to a TA, how long ago did you book your cruise? To switch there is a time limit, within 60 days of initial booking. Good luck!

I don't think that the U S Thanksgiving is considered a holiday cruise as we have booked and sailed the last few years on the Eclipse during that time and got the upgrade.

I think Christmas and New Years are the only holidays because over most other holidays the rates are lower and that is why we cruise during the U.S. Thanksgiving.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Agree -- the "holiday" cruises are over Christmas and New Years and are clearly named that.

Cruises may extend over other national and regional holidays, but they are not designated as "holiday cruises".

Muushka, I would call back and get a different CSR, you will probably be successful.

I don't think that the U S Thanksgiving is considered a holiday cruise as we have booked and sailed the last few years on the Eclipse during that time and got the upgrade.

I think Christmas and New Years are the only holidays because over most other holidays the rates are lower and that is why we cruise during the U.S. Thanksgiving.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Interesting, thank you. But now it is too late. The cabin we wanted was snagged as soon as my TA released it. I wouldn't bother now because all the C2's available are not in that good of an area. But I will remember this because we like to cruise over Thanksgiving. Thank you :)

Agree -- the "holiday" cruises are over Christmas and New Years and are clearly named that.

Cruises may extend over other national and regional holidays, but they are not designated as "holiday cruises".

Muushka, I would call back and get a different CSR, you will probably be successful.

Just out of curiosity I may call Celebrity and ask specifically this question. Not that it will do me any good now, but for future cruising.

I'm sure you'll do better than Sarah, as she never said that. Have you seen all 57 states yet?;)

Bosox1-

If you count Midway, Guam, Puerto Rico etc. the answer is no but I've been to at least 50 of them. Alaska was the final one (1983) but that was only a Alaska was the final one (1983) but that was 10 hour layover en route to Japan 😜

My partner and I are both Captaiin's Club Elites. We just put a deposit on an aqua class guaranteed cabin. Is our elite status of any use in this situation? We got a super rate based on 55+But,are curious about guaranteed cabins and upgrades in general.

No. We are Elite+, have been on 20 Celebrity cruises. We book guarantees quite a lot. No use whatsoever. Yes, XA is the code.

Z - Inside

Y - Outside

X - Veranda

XC - Concierge

XA - Aqua

W - Suite