Switching from TA to Princess (UK)

*source*

I've read lots of threads about US guests switching from making the booking direct with Princess, over to a TA.

Is it possible to do this the other way around? I am having huge issues getting in touch with my TA (first time I have used this particular one and never again...!!) and would like to change the booking so it is direct with Princess.

Has anybody ever done this or is it not possible?

Fax Princess with booking number and details and state you wish to turn the booking over to them.I did it once it was easy.:)

Hope that your TA does not have penalties for canceling with them.

I've read lots of threads about US guests switching from making the booking direct with Princess, over to a TA.

Is it possible to do this the other way around? I am having huge issues getting in touch with my TA (first time I have used this particular one and never again...!!) and would like to change the booking so it is direct with Princess.

As it has been said first check for any penalties that you may have to pay your TA.

Give Princess at Southampton a call and ask them the question.

I stopped booking with TA's after having problems, so I book with Princess direct with FCC, any problems I phone them direct always get an answer.

I will be interested to how you get on.

I rang Princess and they told me they couldn't transfer the booking over to themselves as my contract is with my TA.

Looks like I would need to cancel with my TA and book again direct with Princess. Lesson learned!

Before you cancel and rebook:

Verify any fees or penalties your TA will impose.

Check current price. You will be rebooking at this price. If it is higher, was the TA that bad to pay more.

Did you get any perks for the booking. They will be lost.

Do you have a special cabin? You may not be able to rebook it.

Is you category sold out? Some one on the wait list may scoop up your cabin and for you to another category.

I rang Princess and they told me they couldn't transfer the booking over to themselves as my contract is with my TA.

Looks like I would need to cancel with my TA and book again direct with Princess. Lesson learned!

That's too bad, are there any cancelation penalties?

The laws must be different in the US. Here, as long as the cruise isn't paid in full, you have the right to transfer the booking to whomever you wish. It might involve paperwork, but it's do-able.

Checking my terms and conditions....It would cost me £825 to cancel.

The cruise is now £500 cheaper than when I originally booked for the same cabin.

I would gain $300 OBC.

I think I may just suck it up, stick with what I've got and chalk it down to experience. Hey - I'm going on a 2 week cruise - I shouldn't let the TA annoy me so much!!! :rolleyes: I'll just NEVER book with them again....

The cruise is now £500 cheaper than when I originally booked for the same cabin.

I would gain $300 OBC.

I think I may just suck it up, stick with what I've got and chalk it down to experience. Hey - I'm going on a 2 week cruise - I shouldn't let the TA annoy me so much!!! :rolleyes: I'll just NEVER book with them again....

Good idea, we stay away from any TA that charges ANY fees period. :(

I got upset with my TA before final payment and sent a fax to Princess stating the cruise number, date, etc and asking that they transfer it back to Princess from the TA. Princess did it in a matter of a few days. Came as a surprise to the TA though not that it should have since I had already expressed my dissatisfaction with him. Not sure how it works though outside NA.

I would gain $300 OBC.

Probably a good idea.

We all learn by our experiences.

I have learned a lot since starting cruising in 2008, mostly from my mistakes, other cruisers and this site, because that is what it's for!

Sit back and "Carry On Cruising"

Probably a good idea.

We all learn by our experiences.

I have learned a lot since starting cruising in 2008, mostly from my mistakes, other cruisers and this site, because that is what it's for!

Sit back and "Carry On Cruising"

I didn't 'sit back'!! I did more research and found the cruise for way less on a US site... I'm back to wondering if I should cancel with my original ta!!! ;)

Where in the UK are you from?

It is after final payment date for your August 1 cruise.

Too late for anyone to change bookings, either from TA to Princess or from Princess to a TA.

Call Princess and ask them your question. Maybe, they can make it happen from their end. If not, give the TA bad reviews to all your friends and try a different tack in the future.

Best of luck to you! In the end, have a wonderful time! That is what is most important.