Airbnb near port Everglades

poolchairbob

My opinion after looking at your choice....NO WAY would I book this. Two sets of bunk beds and a shared bathroom with others in the house would not be what we would book. you might even get others in the second bunk!

But if you want to start your vacation that way....$22 gets something indoors. Nothing more. I'd surely run this option by your wife before booking. If Dh tried a number like this on me...:eek:

Where are you parking your car while cruising? At this time of year you can get a decent hotel with a rate including the parking.

Edited by eandj

My wife and I are cruising out of port Everglades next week on Royal. I'm trying to save us money on a one night stay on the day before cruise. Has anyone stayed at this airbnb? I'm driving and would appreciate any feedback. The price really looks good at $22! https://m.airbnb.com/listings/6480099

I would be beyond pissed at my husband for booking this.

Hotels this time of year can't be that expensive.

• 1 year later...
Sorry...but I would look at saving money another way.

Really kind of depends on how adventurous and outgoing you are. My wife and I rolled the dice and booked an airbnb in Seattle before our cruise earlier this month. Private bedroom with a shared bath in an older home on the edge of downtown Seattle. It was a fantastic experience. Our host was a professional woman in her 30s, like us. We immediately hit it off, even ended up going out for drinks together that first evening. We paid $50/night, while downtown Seattle hotels started at $250+. An absolute steal in my mind, and we made a friend too...

If all airbnb experiences are this good, I may have to consider booking out my guest room someday. :D

Really kind of depends on how adventurous and outgoing you are. My wife and I rolled the dice and booked an airbnb in Seattle before our cruise earlier this month. Private bedroom with a shared bath in an older home on the edge of downtown Seattle. It was a fantastic experience. Our host was a professional woman in her 30s, like us. We immediately hit it off, even ended up going out for drinks together that first evening. We paid $50/night, while downtown Seattle hotels started at $250+. An absolute steal in my mind, and we made a friend too...

If all airbnb experiences are this good, I may have to consider booking out my guest room someday. :D

South Florida is not an area where you want to book a $50 a night place.

When I graduated from college I swore I'd never share a bathroom again with strangers and I haven't and I will not.

And that particular rental? Gone.

Edited by BlueHerons

And that particular rental? Gone.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not advocating for any particular rental. I'm just saying I wouldn't write off airbnb entirely. As an airbnb renter, you are the one who chooses who you're staying with. There are some reasonable rentals (~$75) in my area with 50+ positive reviews. Pretty safe bet those are not scams (airbnb only lets you post a review after you pay and stay at a property). Just like anything else, you can do you due diligence, read reviews, contact the owner in advance, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not advocating for any particular rental. I'm just saying I wouldn't write off airbnb entirely. As an airbnb renter, you are the one who chooses who you're staying with. There are some reasonable rentals (~$75) in my area with 50+ positive reviews. Pretty safe bet those are not scams (airbnb only lets you post a review after you pay and stay at a property). Just like anything else, you can do you due diligence, read reviews, contact the owner in advance, etc.

South Florida is a really scammy place.

We are the leaders in: Identity Theft, IRS fraud, Medicare/Medicaid Fraud, Real Estate Fraud, Credit Card Fraud, etc.

AirBnB is a perfect set up for scammers. I'd avoid it here.

But if you want to start your vacation that way....$22 gets something indoors. Nothing more. I'd surely run this option by your wife before booking. If Dh tried a number like this on me...:eek:

Bunk beds? I can't even get my DW to stay at a place with the words value, thrifty, or budget in the title.

:eek::eek:This is why I plan every inch of every vacation we take! If my hubby booked us a room with bunk beds, he better be able to buy them and take them to his future home, because he certainly wouldn't be coming home with me!!! :D:)

:eek::eek:This is why I plan every inch of every vacation we take! If my hubby booked us a room with bunk beds, he better be able to buy them and take them to his future home, because he certainly wouldn't be coming home with me!!! :D:)

rolling on the floor laughing....

When reading your post, dh said it sounded like I wrote it. I howled. Thanks for giving me my belly laugh of the week!:D:D

Bunk beds? I can't even get my DW to stay at a place with the words value, thrifty, or budget in the title.

Sounds like my DW. Her idea of "roughing it" is leaving town without firm hotel reservations!

New York State just passed a law making it illegal to rent out entire apartments which will decimate NYC's AirBnB inventory. It is waiting to be signed into law by the governor.

Anaheim, California has made them illegal.

Berlin is doing the same.

AirBnB has holes.