Eastern Caribbean on Reflection

NorthernOntario

For those who have sailed this itinerary already on the Celebrity Reflection, can you tell me which side you dock when in ports? Port or Starboard? I know that it will vary, depending on several factors. But I wouldn't mind seeing what has most often occurred.

The itinerary out of Miami is San Juan, St,Maarten, St. Thomas, returning to Miami.

Thanks for the help!

If I remember correctly, we docked on the starboard side at each port. It was memorable in St Martin because we were across the dock from Oasis OTS. At sail away there was a naked man passed out on an Oasis balcony. His distraught wife/girlfriend was trying to keep him covered up with a towel. It was the funniest thing we have ever seen at a dock ;-)

The last two times on Reflection, and year before that on Silhouette, have always been on the right side of the dock, meaning dock is on port side of ship, in St.Thomas. In St.Maarten, I think it varies more but this past cruise we were backed into the dock with the dock on the port, so the Starboard side of ship was the view across the harbor and of town, mountains, etc.

In San Juan, the dock was on our port side last two times. You get a nice view of the fort coming into the harbor from port side of the ship. ( I just checked our photos to confirm these:))

On our last 3 cruises into San Juan, the pier was on the Port side. In St. Maarten and St. Thomas, the pier was on the Starboard side.

I would book a Port side room for views coming into these ports.

I wouldn't make that big of a deal of it, since you never know where the ship will end up in each port. We were on this same cruise on Reflection this past December. San Juan doesn't really matter, as you are literally straight into the port. We had to tender in St. Thomas, so either side was the same. In St. Maarten, the pier was on one side and the gigantic Oasis of the Seas on the other. One key factor is that the embarkation cruise out of Miami is MUCH better on the Port side. Fisher Island and Miami Beach as opposed to the shipping pier and oil tanks. Enjoy.

Edited by QuakerBoy

Very cute neverbeen here...;) if only I could !

I know its not all that important which side and I know it varies. I just remember when I had booked on port side and we ended up docking on starboard...I enjoyed it much more being able to watch everyone coming on and off the ship and watching the excitement on the dock. I just want her to be able to experience it.

Thank you again for the replies.

Many times docking with the balcony along the pier is not the best.

One morning we wanted to have a quiet breakfast on the balcony. We were docked and the noise from the Steel band, and constant honking of the air horn from the shuttle was too much.

Another time the Mein Ship was across from us. I think everyone was on their balcony smoking and the corridor between the ships was a smokey haze.

Then there is always the ship across that has their outdoor theater screen blaring music videos.

On the plus I have been able to sit on the balcony and watch and hear the movies being shown on their screens.

Then being docked against the pier all you see is the other ship. In some ports when opposite the pier you can see the island or bay and ships cruising around.

So being docked with the balcony next to the pier is not always the greatest.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Sunset Verandah or another class of cabin on the stern. You'll have views in almost all cases.

There really is no way to perdict due to many variables, including ship maintenance, how many and what size other ships are in port.

Enjoy, and you'll love the Reflection!