Favourite things about JADE and NCL

UlsterLad

Just booked a cruise for my honeymoon, long way off, but just wondering, what are you favourite things about NCL and in particular Jade? Just to get me even more excited!

Best Wishes on your upcoming marriage. What a great way to Honeymoon.

I love the Jade, my husband surprised me with an upgrade to a suite in 2010 for our 35 th anniversary. It is one of the best memories of my life. He generally can't keep a secret from me so I was so overwhelmed that he did this for me. We will be back on the Jade in 2016 and I hope our vacation is just as good as the last time on Jade. She is a beautiful ship and the crew were nice and I just love being on the ocean. I hope you find the same happiness on your cruise as I felt on our Jade cruise. BTW, what itinerary are you going on? Make sure to join the roll call for your cruise, it is a great way to meet people that will be on the same cruise as yours.

Edited by gwsster

BTW, what itinerary are you going on? Make sure to join the roll call for your cruise, it is a great way to meet people that will be on the same cruise as yours.

We're going on the Greek Isles cruise out of Venice, I started the roll call since there wasn't one yet... Probably something to do with it being over a year away! But I'm super keen so loving everything cruising. Can't find out enough, love looking at the reviews and pictures, was just looking at the menus there and I'm hungry just thinking about them!

Just booked a cruise for my honeymoon, long way off, but just wondering, what are you favourite things about NCL and in particular Jade? Just to get me even more excited!

My favorite things about NCL is no formal nights and no assigned dining. We can choose each night whether to eat at a table for two or to ask for a sharing table.

Neither MDR has space reserved for assigned dining so both dining rooms have plenty of space.

Although I have never been on Jade yet I have cruised on her sister ship Jewel which has essentially same layout. I love the Spinnaker observation lounge in the bow. Lots of floor-ceiling view windows.

I also like the view windows at the desks in the library.

And the great outdoors aft of the buffet is great not only for eating, but for relaxing and enjoying aft view.

I'll be on the Jade next April and can hardly wait.

Edited by NMLady

My favorite thing about the Jade was the crew!!! Everyone seemed glad to be there and happy with their jobs.

Food was very good the entertainment was fair to good.

The worst part about the cruise was no one knew how to make a good martini, they went form bad to worse, had to start drinking vodka rocks...

You will love the Greek Islands, make sure to film the sail away from Venice and the sail into Santorini.:cool: ENJOY

Congratulations!

When I took the Jade a few times in 2011/2012 the crew was definitely tops. However I really love the decor on the Jade as well. There's something fun about Hawaiian decor on a Med ship. I hope that haven't and wont change it. There's also the layout of Jewel class ships in general. While I really enjoy the size of the Epic and Breakaway class ships. Jewel class layout and size are my favorite.

I hope that you have a wonderful time!

We did the Greek Isles cruise on Jade this past October. Out of enough cruises I'm losing count, this one was my favorite. The staff were outstanding, and the itinerary was divine. We are looking at booking it again in 2017. We are all booked up between now and then, otherwise we would go again in a heartbeat.

We're going on the Greek Isles cruise out of Venice, I started the roll call since there wasn't one yet... Probably something to do with it being over a year away! But I'm super keen so loving everything cruising. Can't find out enough, love looking at the reviews and pictures, was just looking at the menus there and I'm hungry just thinking about them!

We are doing the same itinerary in September of 2016. I know you will have a great time.

Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage and what a way to celebrate! :)

The Jade and the Greek Islands has been our favourite cruise so far.

The sail away from Venice is fabulous and Santorini and Mykonos in particular, we found breathtaking!

The crew on the Jade were second to none. As a previous poster said, they really seem to enjoy their jobs!

Have fun planning your cruise but most of all enjoy it! :)

Congratulations on your up and coming marriage. As another poster stated, I have never been on the Jade, but was on the Jewel, Pearl, and Dawn. I truly enjoyed those cruises.

What makes NCL special, is Freestyle. No formal night, assigned seating at dinner, and their relaxing dress codes of resort casual.

Jade is close to identical to her three sister ships (Jewel, Pearl, Gem) and they are all great.

I have sailed on Jade four times now (I think, can't see my own signature right now ;)) and of those I've liked the Venice based itineraries best and also the Greek Isles itinerary is in top-2 of my cruises all time with repo itinerary calling ABC islands in Caribbean.

We did Greek Isles as an 8-nighter in 2013 because of carnival of some kind in Venice blocked the Grand Canal and because of that our cruise was the only one with an extra day that summer (I think that the alternating cruise after that was a 6-nighter to compensate).

I really, really liked most of our ports - riding up the hill with the donkeys in Santorini was an experience that one never forgets. :D :D