Transfer of promo offer!!

Hi All,

Greeting from rainy Ireland.

I hope you are keeping well. We just booked our first cruise on Norweigan Getaway leaving Miami 6th June and we are really looking forward to it. Three of us going, mother and two sons..

I just have a couple of queries you guys and girls might be able to help me with.

My mother who’s name is on the top of the booking may not be able to go on the cruise due to a back problem. We are seeing the doctor on Wednesday and will make the final decision then.

My Question relate to what happens if mam does not go:

1. Would her drinks package and prepaid gratuities automatically pass to the third person on the booking? My brother, the third person on the booking currently has a soda package and NO prepaid gratuities. Is there something I would have to do to make that transfer happen?

2. As the cruise was booked using Mam’s credit card, do I need to have that card with me when arriving at the cruise port?

Hopefully she can make the cruise but I would just like to know were we stand if she cant make it

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary

Hi All,

Greeting from rainy Ireland.

I hope you are keeping well. We just booked our first cruise on Norweigan Getaway leaving Miami 6th June and we are really looking forward to it. Three of us going, mother and two sons..

I just have a couple of queries you guys and girls might be able to help me with.

My mother who’s name is on the top of the booking may not be able to go on the cruise due to a back problem. We are seeing the doctor on Wednesday and will make the final decision then.

My Question relate to what happens if mam does not go:

1. Would her drinks package and prepaid gratuities automatically pass to the third person on the booking? My brother, the third person on the booking currently has a soda package and NO prepaid gratuities. Is there something I would have to do to make that transfer happen?

2. As the cruise was booked using Mam’s credit card, do I need to have that card with me when arriving at the cruise port?

Hopefully she can make the cruise but I would just like to know were we stand if she cant make it

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary

I can answer one question with certainty. The credit card you present upon boarding is the one that will be used. Doesn't matter that it's different from the one used for the original booking.

Hi Gary,

We will be on the Getaway with you. There is a roll call for the cruise if you look under roll calls, Norwegian, and Getaway. We are having a meet and greet on Sunday. Please come over to the roll call, introduce yourself and see what activities have been planned. You are more than welcome!

At the check-in the keycards are already pre-printed, possibly already with UBP stickers on them, etc - to my understanding you can't make changes like that anymore at that point. After all the T&C say that the promo packages are non-transferrable.

If passenger #1 has to cancel, I'd try and do the change through TA/NCL as soon as possible immediately after the decisions has been done.

Also as said, the payment method of the cruise is irrelevant - as long as the cruise has been paid, it does not matter how it's been paid with. Passengers listed on the reservation only need their passport and possible visas as minimum requirements - any paperwork of the reservation is not mandatory (but of course makes the process a *lot* faster).

If you confirm that your mother can't go, I would suggest switching passenger positions before you take your mother off the reservation. Our reservation showed me as the first passenger, perhaps because I had used my credit card for the deposit, even though I had specifically requested that I be listed third. I don't drink. I called my TA and asked that I be listed as the third passenger because of the beverage package and they had no problem switching it. I suspect they have to deal with this often. It would seem like by removing your mom from the reservation, your brother would automatically move up in line, but just in case they have some weird rules about that, I would have the positions changed first and maybe take your mom off the reservation the next day.

I would see can you switch the positions like suggested , with you and your brother being passengers 1 and 2. We have done this for our sailing in September, My father is a beer drinker and the odd vodka where is myself and my mother prefer mixed specialty cocktails etc. So me and my mother are pasangers 1 and 2 and my farther the 3rd.

Thanks for the information!

I have requested to change the position of our names on the booking so my brother and I are no 1 & 2... Just waiting on confirmation.

I also posed the hypothetical scenario of my Mam not going and they said I would need to take her off the booking formally and pay an additional $750!

Ouch

Thanks for the information!

I have requested to change the position of our names on the booking so my brother and I are no 1 & 2... Just waiting on confirmation.

I also posed the hypothetical scenario of my Mam not going and they said I would need to take her off the booking formally and pay an additional $750!

Ouch

Why would you have to pay additional $750??? I wouldn't remove her hopefully you can get brother as #2 and then if she can't go just let her be a no show.