All the Talk About Food - Cheesecake

sail7seas

I try hard to resist desserts but have a craving for cheesecake. Are there any places on Dawn to get a really good piece of New York style cheesecake? If yes, it will keep me resisting until I board in order to really enjoy a piece or two. :)

Cheesecake! Good cheesecake is one of the main reasons that I love to cruise, but what I like might not appeal to you. I usually have cheesecake every day. Sometimes twice. I doubt if you will have to look far to find it unless it has been dropped from the menu like most of the other good stuff. It seems as though the cruiselines are changing things daily.

Edited by clackey

I try hard to resist desserts but have a craving for cheesecake. Are there any places on Dawn to get a really good piece of New York style cheesecake? If yes, it will keep me resisting until I board in order to really enjoy a piece or two. :)

No - I find all the deserts on any NCL ship that I have been on to be rather blah! I wish I could find good cheese cake on NCL, but five voyages and I haven't found it. I really think that it has to do with the head corporate pastry chef being from Europe where they don't use as much sugar in deserts as they do in the US.

Those look amazing!

They were delicious. We even had some ordered to take home with us. They delivered them to our stateroom on the morning of disembarkation. They almost made it home safely. Some guy on the street of NYC bumped into us while waiting for our car service and the box fell. Even though they were squished, they were still really yummy. Only the Tiramisu didn't survive. It kind of "melted" by the time we were home.:(

Tiramisu

20141008_170429_zpswu7ehau8.jpg

OMG, the Cannoli. Unreal.

20141008_170506_zpsl1pgwujr.jpg

Thanks, everyone....... especially for the photos. :)

I'll likely try both pictured but really would love to find a slice of plain, no fruit, no topping moist cheesecake. I don't like when it is dry. :o

Those cannoli look incredible. Groan...... I'm usually so happy when I don't like what food looks like. I can easily resist but those desserts look delicious to my taste. :D

Edited by sail7seas

Thanks, everyone....... especially for the photos. :)

I'll likely try both pictured but really would love to find a slice of plain, no fruit, no topping moist cheesecake. I don't like when it is dry. :o

Those cannoli look incredible. Groan...... I'm usually so happy when I don't like what food looks like. I can easily resist but those desserts look delicious to my taste. :D

OK. I'll only post one more picture (I've got a bunch more:p)

These were also delicious.

20141008_170455_zpsva9gze4h.jpg

You are killing me. :)

Please tell me those aren't chocolate cupcakes off to the right of the photo?!!! I'm going into sugar shock just looking at these wonderful photos.

You are killing me. :)

Please tell me those aren't chocolate cupcakes off to the right of the photo?!!! I'm going into sugar shock just looking at these wonderful photos.

Why yes, yes they are chocolate cupcakes.:eek::D;)

Good to hear that the Dawn has a Carlos bakery. I love the lobster tails from there.

Now, about the cheesecake...is it no longer on the menu at the Blue Lagoon/O'Sheehans? This will break my heart if not. :(

On another note, I will be on the Dawn this Friday and will make sure to check for sure for you 7seas! :D

Good to hear that the Dawn has a Carlos bakery. I love the lobster tails from there.

Now, about the cheesecake...is it no longer on the menu at the Blue Lagoon/O'Sheehans? This will break my heart if not. :(

On another note, I will be on the Dawn this Friday and will make sure to check for sure for you 7seas! :D

That's wonderful.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Fair Winds and a following sea.........

Please, please, please, write another of your famous reviews when you get back. :D

So I go to my doctor last week to get my scripts refilled, Doctor asks how I'm doing, all the usual things. Then I tell him the wife and I are going on our first cruise in a couple weeks AND the first thing he says is "I don't want you going crazy eating" NOW I KNOW WHY :)

So I go to my doctor last week to get my scripts refilled, Doctor asks how I'm doing, all the usual things. Then I tell him the wife and I are going on our first cruise in a couple weeks AND the first thing he says is "I don't want you going crazy eating" NOW I KNOW WHY :)

We ate and drank A LOT on our Breakaway cruise, but didn't gain any weight. Actually, I lost some. The ship is so large that you can do more walking than you usually do. I had my phone on me for only about half the time and most days the pedometer app said I walked over 5 miles. Now add in all the times I went up the steps for the water slides and all the swimming and it was probably closer to 7 or 8. Who knew cruising was a way to lose weight?:eek::D

We ate and drank A LOT on our Breakaway cruise, but didn't gain any weight. Actually, I lost some. The ship is so large that you can do more walking than you usually do. I had my phone on me for only about half the time and most days the pedometer app said I walked over 5 miles. Now add in all the times I went up the steps for the water slides and all the swimming and it was probably closer to 7 or 8. Who knew cruising was a way to lose weight?:eek::D

I'm usually good for about a pound per day weight gain on a cruise, since I seriously watch what I eat and how much I eat the rest of the year. Vacation is my time to indulge and not think about weight and calories! And I work out regularly on cruises too, plus take the stairs a lot and of course there is a lot of walking in general. Even on the Breakaway next month with its huge size, I'm anticipating a weight gain.