Booking through Cruise Critic

fstuff1

I have the forum bookmarked and don't usually goto the main page.

apparently cruise critic has like 6 partner sites.

one of them would have saved a few $ off ncl's price.

another gave obc on top of ncl's promo.

surprised cruise critic doesn't push this a little more with a more prominent ad.

like a 1 liner saying something like: 'Support Cruise Critic by booking your next cruise with us -> Click here'

I certainly would have clicked and booked thru them instead. would have loved the extras in addition to ncl.com's promo. :(

win/win

I wonder how many customers are like me and didn't realize?

(and how much referral $ they didn't get)

Edited by fstuff1

I found out not too long ago that they have an "approved" list of agencies you can book with...somewhere on this site but I have never looked.

I guess I didn't realize you could get deals and OBC by using them or that cc got a kick back?

why?

what things have you heard/read about them?

no I don't know who they use as sponsors but some of those discount companies are not all they say they are. I have no clue if these are like that or not.

Cruise Critic came under the jurisdiction of TripAdvisor in 2007, as one of 25 travel operators TripAdvisor has acquired over the years. I book directly with the cruise lines but I would book through Cruise Critic if the deal was hot.

I found out not too long ago that they have an "approved" list of agencies you can book with...somewhere on this site but I have never looked.

I guess I didn't realize you could get deals and OBC by using them or that cc got a kick back?

Cruise Critic does not sell travel at all. As noted, we are part of the TripAdvisor Media group and there are other sites under the TAMG umbrella that do sell travel but Cruise Critic does not and we don't allow the discussion of specific travel agency sites, including any that we have an affiliation to.

We sell advertising to many agencies but that is not an endorsement of that agency. And we don't approve or disapprove of any agency.

If you have any other questions, please send them to the community manager at community@cruisecritic.com.

• Administrators
I have the forum bookmarked and don't usually goto the main page.

apparently cruise critic has like 6 partner sites.

one of them would have saved a few $ off ncl's price.

another gave obc on top of ncl's promo.

surprised cruise critic doesn't push this a little more with a more prominent ad.

like a 1 liner saying something like: 'Support Cruise Critic by booking your next cruise with us -> Click here'

I certainly would have clicked and booked thru them instead. would have loved the extras in addition to ncl.com's promo. :(

win/win

I wonder how many customers are like me and didn't realize?

(and how much referral $ they didn't get)

Hi there!

We do not have any partner sites. We have advertisers -- companies that pay for advertising in various venues -- on our site.

Just like most sites, if our members use/visit those advertising sites, those advertisers will continue to, well, advertise with us!

But that is the extent of the relationship.

Laura

• Administrators
I realized when they started blocking names of travel agencies and such...

Not true at all. We have a very strict set of "no advertising" rules here on the forums -- for almost 20 years. We don't allow any recommendations of sources by which you would purchase a cruise.

There is no group of agencies that are allow vs. ones that arent.

Edited by LauraS