When to Purchase Drink Package

We are sailing on Allure in 5 months (can't wait!). We are planning on purchasing the Premium Drink Package. I have heard talks that it's possible that the prices may increase on the drink packages, and therefore I would like to purchase ASAP with the current prices (we were planning on buying online before we leave for the trip). However, I'm wondering if I should just wait on it to see if there's another BOGO 1/2 off sale on the drink packages (I'm totally kicking myself for not buying during that sale!). Is it likely that they'll have another one of these sales on the drink packages? Thoughts?

I did a search on drink package threads, and this was the first in the list. :)

How many days can you be on board before purchasing a package? We're sailing on Harmony next year doing the 13-day transatlantic. First 3 days are 2 ports and one sea day, then 9 sea days in a row. Is it possible to purchase the package on day 3 of a cruise, or is that too far in? Not even sure if we'll go with a package as we'll have access to both lounges, but that's a lot of sea days in a row, with a lot of venues on such a big ship, so thinking maybe on a trip like this it might be the thing to do.

I did a search on drink package threads, and this was the first in the list. :)

How many days can you be on board before purchasing a package? We're sailing on Harmony next year doing the 13-day transatlantic. First 3 days are 2 ports and one sea day, then 9 sea days in a row. Is it possible to purchase the package on day 3 of a cruise, or is that too far in? Not even sure if we'll go with a package as we'll have access to both lounges, but that's a lot of sea days in a row, with a lot of venues on such a big ship, so thinking maybe on a trip like this it might be the thing to do.

Current rules are:

1) You have to purchase for the rest of the cruise

2) You have to purchase at least the last 4 days.

Under those rules you would be fine to purchase on day 3 of a 13 day. As always with RCI subject to change and the whim of the person you are trying to purchase from though.

We are sailing on Allure in 5 months (can't wait!). We are planning on purchasing the Premium Drink Package. I have heard talks that it's possible that the prices may increase on the drink packages, and therefore I would like to purchase ASAP with the current prices (we were planning on buying online before we leave for the trip). However, I'm wondering if I should just wait on it to see if there's another BOGO 1/2 off sale on the drink packages (I'm totally kicking myself for not buying during that sale!). Is it likely that they'll have another one of these sales on the drink packages? Thoughts?

Just saw on another thread that there is a special on the drink packages starting mid June. It shows up when you go to the beverage part of your booking.

Just saw on another thread that there is a special on the drink packages starting mid June. It shows up when you go to the beverage part of your booking.

Tried looking for it under my booking but don't see anything. Do you have more info?

I bought my husband's beverage package before getting onboard Allure of the Seas in March 2014. For me, I used our OBC to pay for my beverage package. Will likely do that again on our upcoming cruise.

and the previous BOGO 1/2 off sale on the drink packages was not available for Booked cruises - only new bookings. :(

Not true - I had actually gone through to purchase the package during the last sale and typed in the promo code and everything. I just didn't have my credit card on me at the time. It wasn't just for new bookings.

Edited by msnap

From what I was able to find-- says that from 15 June to August you get a bottle of American wine or bubbly and 2 coca cola cups when you purchase the Ultimate-- Not much of an incentive it seems.

Too bad, wish they would run a special so I could buy 4 for self, DW,DS and his DW

From what I was able to find-- says that from 15 June to August you get a bottle of American wine or bubbly and 2 coca cola cups when you purchase the Ultimate-- Not much of an incentive it seems.

Too bad, wish they would run a special so I could buy 4 for self, DW,DS and his DW

Agreed - not really much of a deal unless you are sailing with someone who isn't a drinker and doesn't want to drink anything other than soda.

• 1 month later...
Not true - I had actually gone through to purchase the package during the last sale and typed in the promo code and everything. I just didn't have my credit card on me at the time. It wasn't just for new bookings.

I attempted to purchase the last drink package sale but could not locate where to enter the promo code on the check out screen. If another good sale occurs before my cruise I would like to try again to purchase but where exactly do you enter the promo code?

Sailing in August on Navigator of the Seas.