Time needed from ship to airport in Fort Lauderdale?

BBsails

We're arriving on a transatlantic into Fort Lauderdale. I understand that customs and immigration can take a long time after a TA due to the ship's reentry to the US. Should we be OK with an 11:50 flight out of FLL? Taxi to FLL? Thanks!

One thing I forgot to mention is, on the transatlantic, the whole crew has to clear customs also. When we got off, there was a customs agent that did the crew only. I don't know if he was an extra one sent just for this, or if he was one of the normal crew. I still stand by my saying that the flight was ok, I don't know how much earlier I would be comfortable with. Anything can happen, you can make a 9:00 on time and miss a noon flight the next. Maybe I've been lucky, we've flown out of Ft. Lauderdale at least ten times, with flights leaving before noon, and haven't had a problem yet, knock on wood. We've always had a plan B on the earlier flights.

You can ask for an early debarkation number, too (just go to the Guest Services desk and explain your situation), so that you can be off even earlier. You will almost certainly have no problems with what is basically a noon flight, as long as it is from FLL and not MIA.

We were on the same TA last fall on Equinox. Left the ship at about 8 and caught a taxi, were at the airport about 8:20. It's really only about a 5 min. ride to the airport from the port. We had a 10:10 flight and were just sitting around waiting.

Taxi to FLL - takes under 10 minutes and should cost $15 (do not let the driver spin any stories about a "minimum" fare!).

I must be getting the wrong cabs. The price is right, it's just it takes us 15-20 minutes to get there.