Price drop

If you call and take advantage of a price drop and then a couple of months later see the price has dropped again and it is still before your final payment date, can you call and take advantage of it a second time? Thanks!

If you call and take advantage of a price drop and then a couple of months later see the price has dropped again and it is still before your final payment date, can you call and take advantage of it a second time? Thanks!

Yes, you can get as many price drops as they have as long as its BEFORE the published final payment date for your cruise and not some special type of promotion for new bookings only. Even with those type of promotions though, people seem to still be getting the reductions now.

Edited by ryano

I had to cancel my cruise (loosing my deposit) and re-book to get the reduced price. The reduction was so large however it felt like I had no choice.

I was asked if I really wanted to go through that trouble for saving £400-500....

Ehum....YES!! Even got the same cabin.

Yes in a the U.S. Other restrictions elsewhere.

I had to cancel my cruise (loosing my deposit) and re-book to get the reduced price. The reduction was so large however it felt like I had no choice.

I was asked if I really wanted to go through that trouble for saving £400-500....

Ehum....YES!! Even got the same cabin.

Did you lose your deposit because you are in the UK?

I was promised that my deposit was refundable up to final payment date.

Deposits are refundable in the U.S. You can reprice or cancel with no penalty before final payment.

Yoohoo! I just got a savings of $1,032 on my sailing June 2016 on Anthem. I will keep watching to see if it goes down any more.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

My February 2016 anthem is not coming up for the promotion but 2017 feb. saved $500.

The UK cancellation Terms and Conditions are:

5 days or less 100%

6 to 14 days 90%

15 - 28 days 75%

29 - 56 days 50%

57 days or more Deposit only (£150 per person)

So yes, we will loose our deposit. They wouldn't transfer the price drop to my existing booking.

So my lessons learned is to never book cruises to far ahead in the future but to hold off.

We booked through a private Travel agent and not Royal Caribbean directly. Can we still take advantage of the price drops? and if so where do we see if our price drops?

You can still take advantage of price drops, as long as the travel agent allows them. Also be aware that the travel agent may charge fees for changes, and may remove some or all of the perks if they give you a lower price.

You can use Royal's website to determine current pricing. Just go through the process of booking the same exact category on the same cruise.

The ********** website is a handy alert. They will send you an email when your room category price falls. You still have to check on Royal's to determine the total price with port charges but it's very helpful if you don't remember to do a daily mock booking.

That's weird--it seems to be deleted! This is not a travel agent so I don't see why. I learned of this website on the forums but maybe it was thru a hint like "Google cruise price alerts". Oops, sorry monitors.