M Class, Celebrity Suite

seaproponent

We have a Celebrity Suite booked on the Constellation. Have read different things about the condition of these since the addition of the balconies. Some indications that other parts of the room are getting a bit shop worn.

I realize this post will have a smaller audience in that there are only a few of these rooms on each ship, but would appreciate any thoughts/comments. I'd always been tempted to book one due to what seems a lavish window set up, but was put off by the absence of a balcony.

We have a Celebrity Suite booked on the Constellation. Have read different things about the condition of these since the addition of the balconies. Some indications that other parts of the room are getting a bit shop worn.

I realize this post will have a smaller audience in that there are only a few of these rooms on each ship, but would appreciate any thoughts/comments. I'd always been tempted to book one due to what seems a lavish window set up, but was put off by the absence of a balcony.

We have sailed in Celebrity Suites on Reflection, Summit and Constellation. We were very happy with room. Off of the bedroom is a closet with a desk for hair/make-up; the living room is spacious and bright; the bath has a big step into (be forewarned); location is super....close to stairs and elevator bank. We always book the back suite instead of the one in front ---- just in case of wind. But our family has been in that front suite with no problems. We very much liked the Constellation - fabulous service.

We have sailed in Celebrity Suites on M Class since 2001 and love the suites.

The addition of the balcony has really been a plus. Over the years the cabins have shown wear and tear and then are upgraded again. I can say that even in 2013 there is nothing that would spoil my cruise.

One thing I noticed in 2013 was that they had sanded and varnished the dining table giving it a fresher look. I would say it was done by crew and not a professional refinisher. While it doesn't look new it is acceptable.

Some people complain about the bedroom being interior and totally black. We love this aspect of the suite as it allows us to sleep in without being awaken by sunlight. The other thing some people complain about is the bathtub - It is a bit of a maneuver to climb in to shower and might be a problem for someone with mobility issues.

We really enjoy the CS and had it 3 times on the Summit. The added balcony is small, but adequate for a drink, small meal and just relaxing. While the furniture and carpet are occassionally updated and fine, my only negatve comment is that the bathroom, really needs work. It has a combo shower and bathtub. It isn't easy to step in and out of as it is deep. My DH is over six feet and is fine, I however am about five four and have to be careful. I love the closet and vanity area.

You will have access to Michael's club, which we enjoy, and hopefully a great butler. Will continue to book it if the price is right. Also enjoy the sky suites as well. Enjoy your cruise

Edited by Cruise a holic

We were on Connie in a CS in March and loved having the separate bedroom. The balcony was fine as we never had visitors. The furniture however was very old and worn. It was hard to get up off the worn down sofa and chairs. Because it was to Florida and Cozumel, we were outside most of the time and not on the furniture. My only complaint about the cabin was that the assistant steward who took care of the bathroom did not do a very good job. One day, he did not leave any toilet paper and another day, we had no shampoo or conditioner.The butler was always busy on another floor where there was a large wedding party (50) who booked the larger suites.

We had Celebrity Suite on 14 night Connie cruise and loved it. That was prior to addition of balcony so that was a negative for us.

Be warned if you have mobility issues, do not attempt a bubble bath. I was not able to get up and out of tub. We finally figured if we emptied all water, put a towel down in tub and husband assisted we could get me out. Seriously considered calling our tall handsome butler for assistance, but finally got out of tub. Never again will I try a bath, shower will do just fine.

We had Celebrity Suite on 14 night Connie cruise and loved it. That was prior to addition of balcony so that was a negative for us.

Be warned if you have mobility issues, do not attempt a bubble bath. I was not able to get up and out of tub. We finally figured if we emptied all water, put a towel down in tub and husband assisted we could get me out. Seriously considered calling our tall handsome butler for assistance, but finally got out of tub. Never again will I try a bath, shower will do just fine.

DH and I love the CS on Celebrity Summit. That tub, however, is an issue. We solved the problem by requesting a rubber tubmat. It will likely solve your problem, too.

We've spent a month in a CS on Connie and 2 weeks on Millennium. If you booked for the "lavish" windows, you'll love it. The best window views on any cabin on the ship, from inside the living space. You can't even really see out as well from the Penthouse (as the Balcony is SO big).

You've heard many positives and negative on the cabin above. We continue to enjoy M-Class CSs when the itinerary and price fit our expectations. We wish the furniture was a bit more modern and a bit less worn (it varies greatly cabin to cabin in our experience), we don't let these things bug us too much, and if they're more major, we provide a list of those issues to the MC Concierge and/or butler and they're quickly resolved. Examples were missing shelves, drawers that didn't open properly, drapes not hung properly falling off, etc (mind you these weren't an issue on Connie, but examples we have had in suites).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We had a CS on the Summit repo (the last two years.) Both forward and aft on the hump and loved them both. We like the dark bedroom and bring a clock that projects the time (in red) on the ceiling. The couch was worn and not very comfortable, but didn't really use or need to use it. The bathroom tub is a factor as previously noted and found it most difficult getting out. I like the suggestion to ask for a rubber tub mat.....wish we would have thought of that. We did rearrange the furniture to our liking........moved the dining room table to in front of the marvelous windows. We have booked a CS on the repo again next April.

We also had a CS on the Reflection in January just aft of the hump. Loved it too. The balcony had the best lounger I have ever experienced......extremely comfortable. Very nice suite. The only negative was the counter-top space in the bathroom was very limited. In retrospect, the bathroom seemed a little small. Couldn't have been too bad as we have booked a CS again next January on the Reflection. Try it you'll like it.

We were on the Summit pre balcony on deck 6. The room was configured so the head of the bed backed up to the hall. It was noisy, and not pleasant. The windows were very nice, did not miss a balcony. We are light sleepers..some people would not be bothered.

I book mostly suites, as I love the tubs. The tub/shower combo in the CS is a bit of a challenge getting into and out of it.

There should be a couple safety handrails or bars to assist folks.

There is also NO traction in the tubs; and rubber mats are scarce on the ships. I have purchased my own rubber mat (Walmart; $9.00US.)

As I usually sail solo, I always have more storage space in the CS than I need.

I, too, like the separate bedroom. I have never heard any hallway noise while sleeping. Yes, the sofas do need to be replaced; they are low to the floor, and very worn.

Another PLUS is the fact that I get 12 points per day for being in the CS; and access to Michael's Club. Sailing solo I get double points because I am usually paying for 2 people. This really puts me on a fast-track to the next loyalty level....

Enjoy your CS; I certainly did.