Independence aft balcony

Just booked cabin 7708 aft balcony on the Independence. Couldn't believe it was still available for a September 2015 cruise. The pictures I've found of the balcony show two lounge chairs......but some posts have stated that the lounge chairs have been removed. Has anyone stayed on the aft lately and can confirm one way or the other?

Thanx

Just booked cabin 7708 aft balcony on the Independence. Couldn't believe it was still available for a September 2015 cruise. The pictures I've found of the balcony show two lounge chairs......but some posts have stated that the lounge chairs have been removed. Has anyone stayed on the aft lately and can confirm one way or the other?

Thanx

March of last year we were in Aft Balcony 7414 I always write about every room we stay in and I wrote about this room being that the room was great Junior Suite but Balcony OK. Which probably meant it was pretty small with only one lounge chair and a table with 2 chairs. Good luck and have a great trip

We were just in 8712 on Indy April 25 - May 3. We were aft, but not a corner aft. We still had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a small table. All the other aft balconies I was able to see (3 others on our cabin crawl) had the same furniture as we did. Enjoy your corner aft! :D

Thanks everyone.....

There is another thread today that reported that the Liberty does not have loungers on any of their D/E aft balconies. My DW will be glad Independence kept them on the large aft balconies.

Edited by Beachammo

Thanks everyone.....

There is another thread today that reported that the Liberty does not have loungers on any of their D/E aft balconies. My DW will be glad Independence kept them on the large aft balconies.

We were on Indy in December, had 1402. We had enough room on the balcony for two loungers, table, hammock, (YES, hammock) and 15 people.. (birthday party) We LOVED it..

Hope you ahvbe as much fun as we did.. Enjoy it...

• 2 months later...

Funny I'd see you post about 1402...that will be our room on our Nov sail. You said hammock...there's a hammock??? It would make my hubby's week if he saw a hammock out on our balcony....lol. Do you have any balcony/room pics as well?

Hi were sailing FOS in September and have 1400 our friends are in 1402, we have stayed in this room before and it is fantastic, one question though where and how did you fix the hammock up were gonna take a couple with us this time.

Thanks everyone.....

Can you link me to the thread where it said Liberty has no loungers on D&E's? We will be in 1700 on the Liberty in 58 days, celebrating our 25th and that celebration included laying in loungers on our beautiful aft balcony!! Ugh!! I will be so mad! We might have to sneak them down to our room!! I am normally very much a rule follower but this just makes no sense!

Thanks

Lauri

Funny I'd see you post about 1402...that will be our room on our Nov sail. You said hammock...there's a hammock??? It would make my hubby's week if he saw a hammock out on our balcony....lol. Do you have any balcony/room pics as well?

LMAO, we brought the hammock, and it was used a LOT.. There is a youtube video of this cabin.. I think it under aft balcony 1402, by stephanie something.. It will give you an idea of the cabin.. It was great and would book in a heartbeat again.. Have fun!!

Can you link me to the thread where it said Liberty has no loungers on D&E's? We will be in 1700 on the Liberty in 58 days, celebrating our 25th and that celebration included laying in loungers on our beautiful aft balcony!! Ugh!! I will be so mad! We might have to sneak them down to our room!! I am normally very much a rule follower but this just makes no sense!

Thanks

Lauri

Ask and you could probably get them.. Shouldn't be a big deal, as that balcony is VERY large.. Have fun

Hi were sailing FOS in September and have 1400 our friends are in 1402, we have stayed in this room before and it is fantastic, one question though where and how did you fix the hammock up were gonna take a couple with us this time.

You will have several spots in which to tie the hammock to.. Have fun..

Thanks

Lauri

Hey Lauri

This is the thread I was refuring too when I had heard Liberty afts didn't have loungers. Hopefully the policy has changed. We had loungers on our aft cabins on Liberty in 2014.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2113496&highlight=liberty+loungers&page=2

Edited by Beachammo

Ask and you could probably get them.. Shouldn't be a big deal, as that balcony is VERY large.. Have fun

Last time we were on LOS-2 yr ago?- Officers said absolutely NOT would they allow loungers on the D aft balcony. The room att. would lose their job if they did bring any. All the other ships seemed OK from what the thread at that time had posted, just Liberty unless it has changed??

Last time we were on LOS-2 yr ago?- Officers said absolutely NOT would they allow loungers on the D aft balcony. The room att. would lose their job if they did bring any. All the other ships seemed OK from what the thread at that time had posted, just Liberty unless it has changed??

Perhaps they changed, but we had no problem getting them on Liberty.. Hmmm

I read on another thread that while they do not have loungers, they do have chairs with the footstools, so that sounds pretty comfy!

Surprised that RCI doesn't make a decision about loungers on balconies and make it stick across all ships. Why is it dangerous on Liberty but not on Adventure? We enjoyed 1388/1688 on Adventure with loungers! love, love, love these acts!

Thanks,

Lauri

Hey Lauri

This is the thread I was refuring too when I had heard Liberty afts didn't have loungers. Hopefully the policy has changed. We had loungers on our aft cabins on Liberty in 2014.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2113496&highlight=liberty+loungers&page=2

Thanks for posting this! Chairs with ottomans work for me! They may actually be more comfortable than loungers. I just didn't want to sit in a straight back chair with my feet on the balcony! Something about putting your feet up that makes me feel so relaxed!

Lauri

We board this Sunday, August 30, and are staying in cabin 7708. I will try to remember to update you as to the loungers. We are assuming they are there... May not have cushions ....but will definitely try to send,you an update.

We board this Sunday, August 30, and are staying in cabin 7708. I will try to remember to update you as to the loungers. We are assuming they are there... May not have cushions ....but will definitely try to send,you an update.

On Freedom, our attendant got us an egg crate mattress pad for a cushion

1440514629780.jpg.0c1dea04f0a2ca621cfce9e67a1251b9.jpg