Email From Royal June 5, 2015: Special update for Diamond Plus Members

Do you remember the layout?

If you are not on Deck 12 - where the Concierge Lounge is - if you are aft on any other deck, then you would have to walk half the length of the ship forward to the elevators/stairs, and then walk half the length of the ship back to the Lounge.

Didn't bother me, but I heard A LOT of complaining from others.

The walk TO the CL on our Quantum cruise didn't bother me one bit... I'll admit that the walk from the CL to the DL or the bar where we ended up going the 3 times during our cruise that we tried to visit the CL and couldn't find a seat didn't make me particularly happy though.

It wasn't prime time (we went between 6:45 and 7:15) and we literally *could not* get a seat during those 3 visits, it was standing room only. Really no big deal for us since we also had access to the DL and 3 drinks on our Sea Pass cards, but quite honestly I would have been p***** if I had paid for a full suite and didn't have another alternative.

The walk TO the CL on our Quantum cruise didn't bother me one bit... I'll admit that the walk from the CL to the DL or the bar where we ended up going the 3 times during our cruise that we tried to visit the CL and couldn't find a seat didn't make me particularly happy though.

It wasn't prime time (we went between 6:45 and 7:15) and we literally *could not* get a seat during those 3 visits, it was standing room only. Really no big deal for us since we also had access to the DL and 3 drinks on our Sea Pass cards, but quite honestly I would have been p***** if I had paid for a full suite and didn't have another alternative.

Agree with what you said. We had the same experience on Quantum and have also experienced similar situations on other ships.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

This is why I think changes are coming. since we are still waiting for the suite enhancement announcement-this could very well be something addressed.

Flame away but I think someone who has no access to the diamond club[as they are calling it now]and no drink vouchers on the sea pass card should be able to have a place to go for pre and post dinner drinks that they paid for with their cruise fare. I have a cruise booked in January and if my Mom, on her first cruise, can not enjoy a glass of wine and a seat, it will make me think where my money is spent next family vacation.