Email From Royal June 5, 2015: Special update for Diamond Plus Members

Received this email today from Royal Caribbean:

Special update for Diamond Plus Members

From Royal Caribbean International RoyalCaribbean@reply.RoyalCaribbeanMarketing.com

Update on Your Benefits

Crown & Anchor Society Desk | 1-800-526-9723

CAS_Logo.jpg

Crown & Anchor Society

Dear xxxxxxxx,

As a valued member, we wanted you to know about new enhancements to your onboard benefits.

Richer Next Cruise Bonus

Your Crown & Anchor Exclusive Next Cruise Bonus is now more rewarding. When you book with NextCruise onboard, you'll enjoy a special benefit of up to $500 Instant Onboard Credit, which you can spend on the very cruise you're on – no need to wait until your next sailing. This credit can be used at the spa, shops, on your photos and anywhere else you wish to spend it onboard.

Dedicated Loyalty Ambassador

On every ship, you will now find a dedicated Loyalty Ambassador whose sole focus is making sure all your onboard needs are met. Visit them with questions, concerns or suggestions to improve your experience. As always, the Cruise Sales team is available to help you plan your next Royal Caribbean vacation.

Diamond Club

We also look forward to introducing you to the revitalized Diamond Club on Oasis and Allure of the Seas® , an expanded, two–level lounge exclusively for Crown & Anchor Society members. This space replaced the Concierge Lounge during recent updates to these two ships. We've already received great response from members who have visited the space, and we can't wait for you to see it, too.

Thank you so much for your loyalty. If you have a moment, please click here to let us know what you think of these enhancements. We value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Best regards,

Cecilia Sanguinetti

Cecilia Sanguinetti

Associate Vice President

Crown & Anchor Society

Royal Caribbean International

Edited by rakes5

So the old CL on Oasis/Allure is now for what level of C&A members other than D+...just D as well ?

Will D+ still have access to the CL on the other class ships ? Or are we now mixed in with the D's in the DL only.

Any idea if this will be the same on HOS and will it be a similar 2 level space and where ?

The new dedicated LA will be handling other things (besides bookings) during your cruise...isn't this usually the job of the Concierge? And now no more NCC ?

I'm still not sure if this is an enhancement or not :confused:

So the old CL on Oasis/Allure is now for what level of C&A members other than D+...just D as well ?

Will D+ still have access to the CL on the other class ships ? Or are we now mixed in with the D's in the DL only.

Any idea if this will be the same on HOS and will it be a similar 2 level space and where ?

The new dedicated LA will be handling other things (besides bookings) during your cruise...isn't this usually the job of the Concierge? And now no more NCC ?

Diamond club on HOS is one level, deck 4 forward, right beside Jazz, no windows.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I would love it, if on ships with both a dedicated DL and CL, only suite guests (and perhaps pinnacle) could use the CL.

Trying to demote us D+ cruisers a little more are ya :eek::(

Many of us got there the old fashioned way after years of loyalty ;)

Trying to demote us D+ cruisers a little more are ya :eek::(

Many of us got there the old fashioned way after years of loyalty ;)

I don't see any real difference in the services offered between the two lounges. (although I have to admit the CL on Quantum was really a lot nicer than the DL) What I do see when I am in a suite is the CL often being overrun with D+ members.

And we all got there the old fashioned way...we spent money. ;-)

I don't see any real difference in the services offered between the two lounges. (although I have to admit the CL on Quantum was really a lot nicer than the DL) What I do see when I am in a suite is the CL often being overrun with D+ members.

There is a huge difference on Radiance class. The CL has a bar and a wider variety of drinks.

Hmmm...I usually see the suite people overrunning the concierge. We're low key and usually the concierge doesn't even know we're there.

Bottom line I just like to have the choice of CL or DL..many ships I prefer the DL and many times it's whether there's an outdoor space and windows vs inside with no views and who the concierge happens to be...these things make a difference to me (and maybe other's) and so happy to at least still have a choice on some RCI class ships ;):)

Of course we all spent $$$$'s it just took some of us a lot longer to finally get to D+. I could sail in suites but I would rather now take more cruises per year. JMHO ;):)

As a D+ being almost a P, my thoughts are this.

Full Suites - CL

P & D+ - DL

Vouchers for the rest.

This will end congestion, early reservations (chair hogging) and petty disputes, as being a clear definition of who,what goes when.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

There is a huge difference on Radiance class. The CL has a bar and a wider variety of drinks.

I much prefer the DL on Radiance especially when they open the sliding doors into the adjoining area...never a problem finding a seat and that is the large bar where our drinks come from. And I usually like the DL concierge's better.

The only difference is the Jewel right now but this will change when she goes into drydock...right now the CL in tiny and we usually have to sit just outside the door.

JMHO :)

Which lounge we prefer varies from ship to ship, we tend to use the lounges that are quieter with a good view if possible. I don't think it would be a big deal for us if we are no longer able to use the CL.

We are pretty low maintenance in the lounges, I don't think we've ever asked the concierge in either one to do anything for us.

Sherri:)

I'm not a Pinnacle, D+ or even D, but it appears to me that there is no doubt that Royal has serviced their customer base very, very well. To a degree, the loyalty program has grown throgh the years and as a result needs some adjusting and additional space to handle the large amount of loyal customers. I commend Royal on having this issue. It tells me that they have done well through the years and serviced their clients.

Cheers to each of you that have reached the level of D, D+, and P

and yet the entitled whiners complained that it was tooooooo far to walk. :eek:

They have split the position of Loyalty Ambassador from the position of Future Cruise consultant and under the new system the Loyalty Ambassador will no longer be involved in making future bookings. I think that this will definitely improve things. We experienced the difference recently and found that on our most recent cruise, the new Loyalty Ambassador on Jewel of the Seas did a fantastic job of seeing to the needs of RCI's loyal cruisers since she didn't have to deal with the task of booking future cruises.

Edited by negc

As a D+ being almost a P, my thoughts are this.

Full Suites - CL

P & D+ - DL

Vouchers for the rest.

This will end congestion, early reservations (chair hogging) and petty disputes, as being a clear definition of who,what goes when.

This makes entirely too much sense.

I much prefer the DL on Radiance especially when they open the sliding doors into the adjoining area...never a problem finding a seat and that is the large bar where our drinks come from. And I usually like the DL concierge's better.

The only difference is the Jewel right now but this will change when she goes into drydock...right now the CL in tiny and we usually have to sit just outside the door.

JMHO :)

Dueling Clubs...

The CL also has an outdoor seating area. The biggest plus is you can talk to the bartenders and get special drinks not available in the Diamond Club. We tried both on our TA, and quickly learned the CL was far superior.

Dueling Clubs...

The CL also has an outdoor seating area. The biggest plus is you can talk to the bartenders and get special drinks not available in the Diamond Club. We tried both on our TA, and quickly learned the CL was far superior.

And that's what makes still having the option on some ships important to us....each experience can vary from ship to ship & cruise to cruise.

I am new to cruising and and have just booked my second cruise with RC.

So, I am still only kindergarten level, but I will say what I think and let the flamers begin.

I think RC should compensate all the loyal customers, but only in ways that cost them money. Not seperate other cruisers from places.

I do not think it is very good business practice to have some of your passengers allowed in certain areas and not others.

On my first sailing 2 years ago, I did not know this and walked into a few areas that I was not welcome.

Once a dining room seating one morning in a certain area of the dr.

Then all the certain lounges which were not for us.

Now, I completely understand that the loyal customers should be compensated.

Either with cash, of gifts, etc etc, but not with things that exclude others..

Let the flamers begin.:)

We got the email today too. Nothing really surprising and we're not going on Allure or Oasis anytime soon. I don't get that it's really "enhancements" either. We enjoy our benefits and our next cruise in Nov will be our first at D+ but we're traveling with D friends so we won't really use the CL. We've been in CL's as suite guests and honestly, we prefer the DL.

I often book the aft so I didn't mind the walk at all. I can see if I had mobility issues where the walk could be a problem though.

Do you remember the layout?

If you are not on Deck 12 - where the Concierge Lounge is - if you are aft on any other deck, then you would have to walk half the length of the ship forward to the elevators/stairs, and then walk half the length of the ship back to the Lounge.

Didn't bother me, but I heard A LOT of complaining from others.

And that's what makes still having the option on some ships important to us....each experience can vary from ship to ship & cruise to cruise.

One of the most rational statements made on this thread.

I'm a newly minted D+ and have a definite bias on access to the CL. My solution, stop making D+ passengers that have access to the CL. Designate (grandfather) all current D+ as the off-rumored 'Black Diamond' with continued access to the CL. Any new D+ members would have access only to the Diamond Club. No one has anything taken away that they have now.

Black Diamond, Pinnacle, and Suite passengers access to CL. It does not make sense to me to kick loyal cruisers out of the CL because less than 10% of the day it is crowded.

and yet the entitled whiners complained that it was tooooooo far to walk. :eek:

But it was far and the DL with Andrew was welcoming and they had my coffee machine.

The cl was nice , but loved the DL crowd.