Cheers program - wait time between drinks?

AandBmom

How close together can you order your drinks? I'm assuming you can't order a bucket of beers at once right? Can you order one, then walk up to that same bar or another bar and order another? Just thinking sometimes it's nice to get 2 at once and sit in the sun. On RCL there was a time requirement between sodas with the sodas program. But that was only in place if you used the self serve Coke station. The bar didn't have a time requirement.

Do they always open all of the beers or can you ask to keep the cap on?

Also does Cheers include soda?

If so, does that count towards your 15?

Cheers includes maximum 15 alcoholic beverages per 24 period 6 AM to 6 AM. Cheers does include unlimited soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails. Technically Cheers does not include unopened beverages; however, your server may allow that if you take care of him/her. Also keep in mind that most domestic beer requires an opener to open it because it is in 16 ounce aluminum bottles.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/My_Awesome_Bar_Program.pdf

You make friends with the waiters on the Lido and you can get bucket. They just run card (physically input #) 4X's 5 minutes apart...saves them time. And it's not against the Cheers rules..as far as I'm aware of. And they will open all or 1 at a time. [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

You make friends with the waiters on the Lido and you can get bucket. They just run card (physically input #) 4X's 5 minutes apart...saves them time. And it's not against the Cheers rules..as far as I'm aware of. And they will open all or 1 at a time. [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

Good to know!

My son just returned from a 5 day NCL cruise.

He said there was no limit to the number of drinks per day, and no minimum time between drinks.

That's how it should be as far as wait. I have no problem on quantity

Carnival 15 drink limit per day strictly enforced, time between drinks, not long 5 minutes or less because I've ordered a shot and them ordered a drink a few minutes later no problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

One thing that happened to me on my last cruise was that the bartender did not ring the drink about right away, so after we drank the first and wanted to grab another and walk, we had to wait another 5 minutes! :mad: She gave us the drinks, but we had to wait 5 minutes before we could leave.

Yes agreed. 5 minutes. However every single time I've ordered a shot and a beer chaser, they just ring my card twice. Every single waiter / bartender has done that for me without issue. They even offer it sometimes. We've had waiters just memorize our folio numbers and all we have to do is waive from across a room and we suddenly have four drinks. :)

The problem I had was getting 1 shot of rum in a tall glass of diet coke. It made no sense to me that I could order a drink with 3 shots of alcohol, fruit juice, etc., but not rum and coke in a tall glass. I wrote to John Heald and have a reply back from him saying that he talked to the head of beverage department and it is okay. I will be taking the note with me on my cruise in September. Wish me luck. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if both people in the cabin still have to purchase the Cheers program? I've never had an alcoholic drink in all my 40 years but my bff does drink and she would like to get it on one of our upcoming cruises. But of course, if we both have to, now way in heck. :p

Can anyone tell me if both people in the cabin still have to purchase the Cheers program? I've never had an alcoholic drink in all my 40 years but my bff does drink and she would like to get it on one of our upcoming cruises. But of course, if we both have to, now way in heck. :p

Yes, all guests over 21 in the stateroom must purchase. There have been a few anecdotal cases of people getting the requirement waived due to verified health problems or pregnancy, but just being a non-drinker won't cut it. She will have to buy by the drink or pay for your package.

There have been a few anecdotal cases of people getting the requirement waived due to verified health problems or pregnancy, .

wow... in all the time I have been on this forum, I have never seen one case of this. in fact I have heard the exact opposite.. there have been no waiver regardless of the issue. If there have been cases where its waived, it would be the first time i have seen it here on the forum

Do they always open all of the beers or can you ask to keep the cap on?

Also does Cheers include soda?

If so, does that count towards your 15?

and there are people who order them unopened, 5 minutes apart in the morning to do the 'reverse smuggle' to places like HMC where people take a beer off the ship

Yes, all guests over 21 in the stateroom must purchase. There have been a few anecdotal cases of people getting the requirement waived due to verified health problems or pregnancy, but just being a non-drinker won't cut it. She will have to buy by the drink or pay for your package.

they do not wiave it, i had medical docs pregancy papers from our last cruise and they said we both had to purchase it, because the package is not only alcohol its also soda and smoothie/ virgin drinks as well

they do not wiave it, i had medical docs pregancy papers from our last cruise and they said we both had to purchase it, because the package is not only alcohol its also soda and smoothie/ virgin drinks as well

That's why I like RC packages - they have different types of packages. $19 a day gets you the virgin drinks...now that I would purchase!