Anthem cabin 6262 - yea or nay?

I booked D8 cabin 6262 this week for an Anthem cruise next year. I took it because it's on the bump and has a larger balcony. On one of the FB groups, someone said that it was directly above the covered "outside" area of Jamie's which has a glass roof and that diners can look up at the balconies above, and near the smoking lounge where smokers congregate and there may be some smoke coming out the roof since its not completely sealed. Does anyone know if these are actually below cabin 6262, or do I not have to worry? I could move to a cabin on deck 7 or something on the other side of deck 6, but I like the idea of the larger balcony if it doesn't come at a cost of lack of privacy and drifting smoke. Is there a diagram with an outside view showing cabin numbers relative to this stuff on deck 6? Thanks.

Looking at the deck plans in the post above - cabin 6262 is port side and is above the outdoor seating area for Jamie's Italian. This is shown on the deck plan (deck 5) as a grey rectangle. The smokers outside area is starboard, again represented by a grey rectangle (deck 5). It sits slightly further back.

A good website for dragging deck plans on top of each other is cruise deck plans dot com. Just line up the elevators.

I'm not sailing on Anthem until March 2016 - seems like ages away!!

I am Sailing in JUly 2015 (40 days and counting) in room 6260, right next door.

I picked this room as on all other decks it is a grade D1 but on deck 6 it is a D8 grade. There is no lifeboat in front or below the balcony, and such a large balcony. I read a review from someone on Quantum in this room and they said the extra space is great. No noise for Jamie's, or issues from Jamie's at all. Smoking is on the other side. People in the outside box of Jamie's can not see up into the balcony but you can lean over and loom down on them.

The cabin you have picked has a smaller balcony but still larger than normal, so go ahead and enjoy. If you need more info, look out for my review in August when I return and I will try and have a look in my neighbours cabins.

We were in 6260 on Quantum and the cabin is great! The balcony had quite a bit more room - we talked our cabin steward into bringing on another deck chair. Jamie's was a non-issue. The location is pretty close to the aft set of elevators - easy peasy. Quick walk down to the Esplanade, good location for up to the Windjammer. 6262 should be great too as that's also a larger balcony. It's a shame the word's out about those cabins - LOL - as I couldn't get either for our Anthem cruise this coming January.

I will say though that the cabin was incredibly creaky, but we were in 30 foot swells going down to the Caribbean and the weather wasn't all that great coming back either. No noise though during the days on the smooth Caribbean Sea.

Don't worry about privacy - there are cameras along the length of the ship so if you want to be naked out there, the crew can see you anyway.

Happy sailing,

Kim

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I'll definitely keep the cabin :-). The smoking area is not on the deck plans so I was not sure where it was. Agree that the 6260 balcony is even nicer, but that was not an option for me.

We're going to be on Anthem next January (with my son and his girlfriend), and I originally booked the DO obstructed view cabins but when they started the "balcony for the price of oceanview" promo at the end of April, I was able to upgrade to a D4 for less money. I ended up with cabins on deck 13, which I'm now guessing might be a problem for my son's girlfriend who gets sea sick. I guess she'll have to take the pills. Seems like this 6262 cabin (or the original DO on deck 6) would have been a better choice for her. Oh well.

• 2 years later...