Sad thing i heard from a fellow guest the other day

cblzaccie

I was standing in the buffet line on a previous cruise and overheard a conversation between two ladies in front of me. One was complaining to the other about everything from food, activities for her children, her room, the entertainment and a few other issues. Finally the other lady stated "you must be having a terrible vacation" to which the complainer responded "no we're having a great time!" True story...as others have pointed out, some people are never happy unless they are complaining

Perception is reality. Was this an actual complaint ? Or were they merely making a critique of the food, entertainment and camp carnival? Some people have high expectations, some set the bar very very low.

I had relatives that raved about so many things about cruising that they set the bar very high for me. Then after we took our first cruise ipwe were fairly disappointed in some things. One was the food, my sister in law raved about the food, best she ever had in her life, I guess I should have known better as she uses a smoke detector as a oven timer.

Carnival is an ok product, they are not the end all be all to cruising/ vacation world.

Should people not be allowed to voice things they don't like? Just because you have one opinion doesn't mean everyone will.

LOL too funny but very true, some people just point out every flaw and just like this woman would be surprised by someone thinking they had a terrible time

And some people think Carnival is like Mary Poppins, Practically Perfect in every way:rolleyes:

The guy you were speaking to sounds like this guy I used to work with. He was single and childless so that he could afford to take several vacations a year. Which he did but it seemed that something went wrong every time he went away. It didn't stop him from vacationing. On one occasion he booked a repositioning cruise with a co-worker that left from California and wound up I believe in either New York or Florida. After he booked the cruise he realized he needed to get to California and was considering cancelling because he was afraid to fly. We reminded him that would be inconsiderate to the person he was travelling with because they would then be charged as a single passenger and if he were going to cancel he should compensate the person he was inconveniencing. Of course he refused. He wound up renting a car and driving to California to board the cruise. Prior to making that decision he complained every day. Once he got back he complained. I don't think he ever went anywhere that went smoothly. It's true some people aren't happy unless they have something to complain about. I'm retired now (and so is he) but I can honestly say I miss some of the laughs I used to get from hearing some of his stories.

Very well said. I used to work at a hotel in Florida, and people would complain all the time about the sun not being out. I would very politely tell them that unfortunately, I could not control the weather. The best one, though, is when a woman was complaining that she could not eat outside -- we were in the middle of a hurricane at the time. Our restaurant manager told her she was more than welcome to sit outside, but she would not receive service.

Speaking about the lady and hurricane we were onboard during a hurricane planning to stop at four ports but only getting to port at two because of the danger to us and the ship....you would not believe the complaining and cussing that we heard...heck we were just thankful that we had a good captain and crew to keep us from sinking :eek:. I work with the public and encounter complaining 75% of he time.

Speaking about the lady and hurricane we were onboard during a hurricane planning to stop at four ports but only getting to port at two because of the danger to us and the ship....you would not believe the complaining and cussing that we heard...heck we were just thankful that we had a good captain and crew to keep us from sinking :eek:. I work with the public and encounter complaining 75% of he time.

Ha, ha!

We were on the NCL Getaway when it was rerouted from ports due to Hurricane Gonzalo in October 2014. Exact same reactions ... people were complaining about the weather!

He must have been looking for reasons to talk about how much better NCL is. If all he could come up with was one broken elevator then his vacation must be going better than he wanted! I hope he goes back to NCL where he can enjoy paying for room service and enjoying their 10 different for a fee restaurants on board! All that free food on Carnival must have been very upsetting to him.

I've seen a LOT of people lately who have compared Carnival unfavorably to NCL, and I just don't get it.

I have nothing against NCL, and if someone prefers them to Carnival, that's just fine. But it's silly when someone insists that NCL is much better than Carnival, beyond some personal preferences. Each has their strengths, but they are basically comparable products.

I could understand it much more easily if someone made a comparison that had some basis in objective reality. (EG: "We usually cruise Seabourn, and in comparison, the Carnival cruise we took last year was not as elegant.")

On 2 different cruises I have heard people trashing Carnival and how they usually sail on a different line and how they are accustomed to something better. Both times....this was on the Lido deck at embarkation! They hadn't even sailed or gone to their rooms yet!

I avoid people like that like the plague! Funny - on every cruise I have been on there has been a little something that wasn't perfect, but I managed to have an awesome time every single time in spite of it.

Some people need to learn not to let the little stuff bug you - it's a cruise, enjoy! ;)

Same here. If someone starts complaining I excuse myself as quickly and politely as possible. Life is too short to put with minor complaints - even though they might not seem minor to the other party.

I haven't read all the postings, but some people are so "nit picky." If that elevator didn't work, I would either "walk" the steps (I am 72 years old), or walk the hallway to another elevator.

Even with that problem, I would still rather do Carnival than NCL.:)

Consider it free entertainment to watch people complain, unless it is a legitimate complaint. I'd like to think any day I wake up above ground is a good day to enjoy.

Exactly! Entertainment at its best, and sometimes I'll even join in because it's so ridiculous.

At the end of the day, be happy, be thankful and be ever so humble that you are there when so many others cannot.

OMG! After 44 cruises I never knew there were elevators on ships!

I always used the stairs.

Ah! Those were the things with the buttons next to them.

Ya' learn something new every day!:D ;)

I want to know why out of the last 9 cruises I took they didn't roll out the red carpet for me? Should I have complained to guest services then? I thank God that he blesses me with a chance to go on a cruise every year.

Well gee, I don't know either! You really should complain that the lack of that red carpet ruined your cruise and try to get a refund. I've been on 29 cruises on asorted cruise lines and they always roll out the red carpet for me. They just don't like you!!!