Celebrity Solstice Inside tips

josephml1

I sailed her in May and had a wonderful time:) check out the Passport

Bar and see if Joby is working...he is a terrific bartender:D

just boarded solstice and molecular bar appears to be intact. menus and signage still in the area.

Oh wow...if Lorde is still working there...please tell her I say hello:D

This ship is a waste of time All we heard before are cruise is how beautiful she was what a disappointment no wow factor at all.The buffet is a joke the lawn club is a waste of space the pools are nothing special.Just nothing special about this ship boring:eek:

Troll

If you don't want to go to the dining room or don't want to dress up for formal night but still eat the MDR fiod, you can room service off the MDR menu.

Is there any charge for this? Can you do it on formal night? How far in advance do you need to order?

Thx

Is there any charge for this? Can you do it on formal night? How far in advance do you need to order?

No charge.

Yes, on formal night, or any other.

Ordering earlier the same day is fine.

They usually like to deliver the room service dinner orders around the end of the early seating in the MDR and before late seating begins,

(in other words, when the galley has some slack time between preparing the food for early and late dining),

but it can vary from cruise to cruise, especially if they get busy preparing food for select dining during that time period.

Just ask your butler (if you have one) or stateroom attendant to bring you a copy of the main dining room menu for that evening, and check off the items you want.

The butler (if you have one) will set the table and serve you the dinner course by course.

Otherwise, the entire meal will be delivered to your cabin at one time on trays, but the dishes arrive covered so the hot foods stay pretty hot and the cold foods cold until you uncover them.

However, if you order something frozen like ice-cream, I suggest sticking it inside the fridge until you are ready for it.

Or else we like to go up to the buffet area and get ice-cream ourselves later, after the meal is finished.

If we are not staying in a suite (therefore no butler), we like to pull the coffee table over close to the balcony doors before the food is delivered and have them set the tray(s) down on the coffee table inside the cabin.

Then it takes only a few steps to carry the dishes out to the balcony and uncover them ourselves as we want them, and to return the dirty dishes back to the tray on the coffee table as we finish with them to make room for the next course out on the balcony table.

Enjoying our own private dinner on the balcony is one of our favorite things to do on a cruise, especially when sailing through a scenic area at sunset (not only on the Solstice, but on any cruise ship).

Edited by fleckle

No charge.

They usually like to deliver the room service dinner orders around the end of the early seating in the MDR and before late seating begins,

(in other words, when the galley has some slack time between preparing the food for early and late dining),

but it can vary from cruise to cruise, especially if they get busy preparing food for select dining during that time period.

Just ask your butler (if you have one) or stateroom attendant to bring you a copy of the main dining room menu for that evening, and check off the items you want.

The butler (if you have one) will set the table and serve you the dinner course by course.

Otherwise, the entire meal will be delivered to your cabin at one time on trays, but the dishes arrive covered so the hot foods stay pretty hot and the cold foods cold until you uncover them.

However, if you order something frozen like ice-cream, I suggest sticking it inside the fridge until you are ready for it.

Or else we like to go up to the buffet area and get ice-cream ourselves later, after the meal is finished.

If we are not staying in a suite (therefore no butler), we like to pull the coffee table over close to the balcony doors before the food is delivered and have them set the tray(s) down on the coffee table inside the cabin.

Then it takes only a few steps to carry the dishes out to the balcony and uncover them ourselves as we want them, and to return the dirty dishes back to the tray on the coffee table as we finish with them to make room for the next course out on the balcony table.

Enjoying our own private dinner on the balcony is one of our favorite things to do on a cruise, especially when sailing through a scenic area at sunset (not only on the Solstice, but on any cruise ship).

Thank you so much this is very useful information. We are not in a suite and will not have a butler, but we are in the family room and I believe there is a dining room table. I am trying to avoid having to bring any kind of dressy clothes for formal nights. My husband hasn't cruised in 12 years and that is one of the reasons, he hated having to dress up and being told when to eat. I want to make this cruise as great as possible for him so he will go on more cruises with myself and our kids in the future, since we love to cruise and have been on several cruises without him. I have been planning on doing a specialty restaurants, or the buffet on formal nights, but this is another option for us now.

I had heard they did this but then I thought I'd seen other posts that said that maybe it was only for suites or there were other restrictions on it. Good to know that we can get it anytime we want. Thanks again

Murano's five senses is really good.

Ensemble Lounge in the evenings is good for a nice drink with live music.

Sunset Bar any time of the day or evening - fabulous aft views.

Cellarmasters - wine/champagne (or sparkling)/port tasting classes.

Always looking for fabulous aft views:D:D

Treat yourself and book Tuscan Grill for your first sail away night. Request a window table. Book it for about one hour after you leave port. You can then either enjoy the leaving port on your balcony or on deck and then quickly change, go to the restaurant and watch the fading lights of the port on the wake of the ship......now you know you are on holiday.

Food is seriously good too and you avoid what is always a chaotic night in MDR.

THIS SOUNDS like GREAT advice!!! Anyone else care to join me for dinner?

We are booked for this excursion, boarding a catamaran from the Solstice at 10 AM and staying on it to join the ship in Juneau at 1:30 PM, Monday, August 3, 2015. Has anyone taken this excursion? would love to hear any details!

Hi 'juicy Jay' it is great advice. Go to Tuscans and enjoy. You will not regret it but put up a post to let me know if my dream advice is correct . We will not be back on the solstice until the end of March.

It is planning and imagining and then reliving the memories that make cruising such excellent value for money!

No charge.

Do you know if passengers not staying in my room can also get room service in my room? My son and wife are sailing with us and this might be fun.

Thanks

I'll remember to post a photo for you!

You're right too! This is my first cruise and I'm obsessed with planning, dreaming, YouTube'ing any info I can get! Wish they'd hurry up and send me all the paperwork!!!

I'M READY!!!

Do you know if passengers not staying in my room can also get room service in my room? My son and wife are sailing with us and this might be fun.

Thanks

You can order whatever you want from room service. Just order enough for them.

Husband and I and my siblings are sailing in July to Alaska. First time on the Solstice, so some questions: Are art auctions held on sea days?, We are ballroom dancers. Is there a dance floor with recorded music for guests?

They have Art Auctions......can't recall when (I never attend) but you

will find those events in your "Celebrity Today". As for ballroom

dancing, you will need to check on that too......they don't have a

"dedicated dance floor" for ballroom dancing. Deck 3 has a foyer area

and they have different musicians who play at different times. You

can dance to that music but it is not ballroom. And I don't recall

anything recorded....I could be mistaken though. I would say check

your Celebrity Today......it will tell you what music/events are being

offered every day.

1)

2) Aqua Spa Café for breakfast or lunch. Very few people know about this area. Very quiet and nice.

Is Aqua Spa Cafe only for those in Aqua suites?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Is Aqua Spa Cafe only for those in Aqua suites?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Nope, The Aqua Spa Cafe is open to everyone, in every category:)

Doesn't matter if you have an inside, window, regular balcony, etc....

It is located in inside the Solarium Pool area.

Just back from our first ever cruise which was on the Solstice. Never did make it down to the adult pool area even though we were not traveling with kids. I kept meaning to though.

We enjoyed the coffee place on deck 5. Bacio, I think. We usually stopped by once a day for a mocha and pastry. We also liked the Sky Observation Lounge and spent a little time reading up there on sea days.

I made a point to go see Brent Nixon several times- very entertaining!

Also we enjoyed the galley tour but I like to see how things work.

For formal nights, I brought a black and white long "summer dress" but wore it with a necklace, nice earrings, and high heels. And it was fine for the evening. The dress rolled up nicely in my suitcase. DH doesn't own a tux and never will. He brought black slacks, blue dress shirt, blue tie, and borrowed a black jacket. He was fine too and we did not feel under dressed even at the captain's table. We are not dressy up people (we are two teachers) but we were glad we brought those things to enjoy the formal nights.