Tuxedo Hire on Board

SDadw01

Can you still pre-order Tuxedos from PandO and pick them up once onboard?

I don't think you can now-if you every could. I cant remember ever seeing it.

From what others have posted it is better to go to M and S or Matalan and actually purchase one, for the same price or there abouts of what it costs to hire something (which may not fit very well anyway)

As I advised in a previous thread it's a no brainier even if you will never cruise again. I would advise doing what I did, go to a M&S store and find the suit you need, take the details, size style etc, go home and order it on line at the discount price for online sales.

In my case it was even better, the shop assistant did it for me.

And for your next cruise it comes virtually free.

David.

It's very difficult to buy an off the peg tuxedo for the fuller figure :-(

If you look on http://www.ebay.com the United States has lots of ex-hire tuxedo shops that sell off pretty cheap. OK you need to look at postage but in the UK you never find the 50 - 70 inch ones. I suspect you are tiny by US standards and you will see a good range in whatever size you want.

Regards John 44L

My OH hired a DJ on his first cruise and it included jacket, trousers, shirt, shirt studs, cuff links and shoes! It was pricey though and his M&S suit bought later that year cost pretty much the same!

And a question for balf. Do you mean you used a discount site to get your M&S suit? We usually wait till there's 20% off but it would be better if there was a specific website.

Buy a regular dark suit, i have a navy blue one. Much more useful than a dinner suit. You can use it on other occasions and the trousers can be worn as casual ones, something you cant do with trousers with a trim down the seam ;)

I have never noticed anyone having a stroke or coronary when i wore it, even on Arcadia :)

And a question for balf. Do you mean you used a discount site to get your M&S suit? We usually wait till there's 20% off but it would be better if there was a specific website.

The helpful assistant in our local store suggested I put the order through the M&S web site as it would be 20% discount. So I got the best of both worlds, picking the perfect fit and a discount.

Just looked up my cc account and the cost was £70.

David.

I suspect you are tiny by US standards and you will see a good range in whatever size you want.

Regards John 44L

Everyone is tiny by U.S. standards but we're doing our best to catch up.

David.

OHgot a really well fitting DJ and trousers from Matalan for £40. He then wanted a white jacket. Matalan didn't have his size in store or online, so got one from eBay for £50 and fitted perfectly. Also got dress shirts cheaply from eBay.

As said previously, look out for Sale items in some of the shops.

After hiring a Tux for three years in a row, I took the plunge and bought mine 15 years ago. Because of the number of times I wear it, it still looks as good as new, the only thing I have had to change is the trousers (something to do with the waist not fitting, I cant think why ;) ). I have added another dress shirt to go with it so have two styles, cut collar and full collar and a number of bow ties. Therefore it can look different for different evenings.

It was bought in the a Moss Bros sale and has been one of the best clothes bargains I have ever bought. Basically, after wearing it twice, it was then paid for itself.

Edited by shallwe

:) Thank you all for your replies, I have just found a DJ suit at Slaters! £65.00 including any alterations that may be required. Off to their Basingstoke shop tomorrow. :-P :-P

Edited by SDadw01