No Bottles allowed

TXFATGUY

If someone is determined enough to jerk the system they will find a way....drug smugglers have made this into an art form.

And, irregardless of the thousand other methods to smuggle booze available, the one with booze in beverage bottles has had the most impact on, not just cruiseline profit, but has impacted the potential cruise enjoyment of those finding themselves in line behind a snaking line of water carriers waiting for their bottles to be shaken.

Personally, I would never carry any food or drink onto a cruise ship. If I can't afford to buy a fru-fru coffee, a couple of glasses of wine, a water bottle for shore time I wouldn't cruise. I can blow a quick 100 bucks on a single shore activity while at port....another 100 bucks for purchased beverages won't kill me.

That was my point in number 8. If you stop something people will find more ways to get it.

From experience of friends sneaking booze on the ship it has almost always been rum runners and mouthwash bottles as well as one person who did the wine bottle thing. Not really seen much of the water/vodka thing so not sure if its the one with the most impact as it seems ports visited get a lot of activity too.

I am not sure waiting behind water shaking would ruin my cruise. Especially as I have always arrived early and gone on the ship quickly with no waiting. When comparing the shore excursions thing I don't really do those as much as I don't smuggle alcohol. I always plan to do it then find I really cannot be bothered.

The Ribena cordial is an issue though as its a good drink for my T1 husband instead of just plain old water as well as not being able to bring his lucozade on board as its in cans in limited places. We will have to see.

I wonder if we will hear from the people that kept saying smuggling alcohol does not affect anyone but the smuggler?

eventually if enough people try to cheat a company.. it affects everyone

Except the smugglers by smuggling, have now brought down the cost of water. I say thanks to myself and the others that helped all these people get lower prices for water. You're welcome.:)

Except the smugglers by smuggling, have now brought down the cost of water. I say thanks to myself and the others that helped all these people get lower prices for water. You're welcome.:)

dont hurt yourself patting yourself on the back.:rolleyes:

most people took their own and it was cheaper than what carnival charges and it was their favorite brand. now they are forced to drink carnival brand

not exactly a win for water drinkers. the ONLY thing you can say is that Carnival is not gouging people who buy their water...

soooooo.... dont thank yourself so quickly

If alcohol smuggling is such an issue and takes so much effort at the time of embarkation then why dont they just issue a warning on your ticket and all over the entrances that in the event any alcohol is found in the luggage or carry on bags when entering the ship, that Carnival will not allow you on the ship and will not refund your ticket. Most will not attempt to lose their vacation on smuggling at that point. Problem solved.

Penalize the smugglers, not the people taking water, soda or in my case, i can no longer take gatoraide which is what my teens drink. And as for the water price of 2.99 thats great thank you but that will be temporary i am sure of it.

Read the cruise ticket rules. It says that very thing.

Turn coke can upside down, pop a hole, drain coke and replace with vodka. Glue the hole shut. Take it in right to under their approving eyes. If it was about smuggling there would have been stronger wording. Yeah they want to keep smuggling down but this is an easy revenue stream. Now it's more reasonable to buy water from them.

I don't find it unreasonable. The key was decreasing the price of the bottled water ordered from Carnival to help out those that carry on water.

Bummed cuz I like bringing my own bottled water (Arrowhead), but glad they are offering the cheap water.:)

Probably referring to juice. Juice boxes are like 6oz. That's quite a bit less than bringing on juice in plastic bottles.

I don't get it though. They have juice on the Lido deck for free. If you want some for later in the day, bring a refillable bottle and put it in the fridge.

I don't get it though. They have juice on the Lido deck for free. If you want some for later in the day, bring a refillable bottle and put it in the fridge.

Some like to present problems that just aren't there. There are people in this world who live like that. Like that guy who lives out in the middle of nowhere in Texas but doesn't seem to understand if you are a "Prime" member shipping is free. He seems to be more comfortable putting up roadblocks.

Some like to present problems that just aren't there. There are people in this world who live like that. Like that guy who lives out in the middle of nowhere in Texas but doesn't seem to understand if you are a "Prime" member shipping is free. He seems to be more comfortable putting up roadblocks.

Our little fella is merely an agitator. Noticed the remarks about 1 grocery store, next town 50 miles away, yet wifey buys things from a dollar store. Really?

If someone is determined enough to jerk the system they will find a way....drug smugglers have made this into an art form.

And, irregardless of the thousand other methods to smuggle booze available, the one with booze in beverage bottles has had the most impact on, not just cruiseline profit, but has impacted the potential cruise enjoyment of those finding themselves in line behind a snaking line of water carriers waiting for their bottles to be shaken.

Personally, I would never carry any food or drink onto a cruise ship. If I can't afford to buy a fru-fru coffee, a couple of glasses of wine, a water bottle for shore time I wouldn't cruise. I can blow a quick 100 bucks on a single shore activity while at port....another 100 bucks for purchased beverages won't kill me.

Sorry but I don't think this is going to change the whole line that you are going to have to stand in. So Carnival has taken bottled water away, while this will affect a lot of people and it might make some of those quit bringing beverages on, others will just go to the can version of what they drink or they will choose to bring on something else. My family will just go to can versions of Diet Coke and the reason we bring this on with a cooler is because we love our sodas ice cold when we get them and you don't get that from Room Service or from the bar.

I'm not a picky person, but the juice they have up there is INCREDIBLY concentrated. It tastes like straight syrup. And, from what I remember, the choices are rather limited.

Just saying, for little kids (who are prone to pickiness anyway), giving them the sugary mess in the Lido versus "healthier" juice that they're used to drinking would be an annoyance.

Sorry but I don't think this is going to change the whole line that you are going to have to stand in. So Carnival has taken bottled water away, while this will affect a lot of people and it might make some of those quit bringing beverages on, others will just go to the can version of what they drink or they will choose to bring on something else. My family will just go to can versions of Diet Coke and the reason we bring this on with a cooler is because we love our sodas ice cold when we get them and you don't get that from Room Service or from the bar.

Did you notice the cooler size?

Did you notice the cooler size?

Did it change from what is has been over the last few years. I didn't see that in the release?

Sorry I just saw it in John's post, That is the same size they have had for a few years. I have had that size for about 3 years now.

Edited by VolzCruiser

Soooo, Carnival FINALLY makes a common sense change and the brand ambassador does NOT use the word brilliant! How typical! LOL

We all for the "reasonable" water prices and speeding up embarkation! YAY

They still get a large profit at $2.99 a 12 pack, as we pay $3 for 30 pack of Nestle water at home.

Their cost has to be very minimal because of the huge quantity they will be moving!

Edited by silvercrikhix

Soooo, Carnival FINALLY makes a common sense change and the brand ambassador does NOT use the word brilliant! How typical! LOL

We all for the "reasonable" water prices and speeding up embarkation! YAY

They still get a large profit at $2.99 a 12 pack, as we pay $3 for 30 pack of Nestle water at home.

Their cost has to be very minimal because of the huge quantity they will be moving!

$3 for 30 sounds a bit stretched:D

I think the biggest thing will be when people bring their wine to the MDR and find out they have to pay the $15 corkage fee. In the past it was waived most of the times and I think now that it is going to be enforced, it's going to cause a lot of people to start complaining.

I know there will still be those who will bring a glass and then want a second one, so running back to the cabin during dinner may result in Carnival's selling more wine. I think that is the idea. Also, if you have to pay $15 for a $6 bottle of wine you carried on, it might not seem so expensive to buy a cheap bottle of Carnival wine.

I really thought that would go the way of NCL and charge everyone bringing on wine a corkage fee when boarding. Perhaps that will come later though, who knows?

By the way I haven't experienced the fee on NCL, but I have read it on here a few times, so I guess that's what they do.

Yes that is NCL's policy. I want Carnival to stay with the no corkage fee, I can open it myself, get a wine glass, take wine to MDR, no corkage fee.

NCL's system sucks.

Glad the price of bottled water is much more reasonably priced now. I would rather have the water delivered to my room then lug it around at embarkation.

However i wonder how this new policy will affect what i normally bring on for my wine during the cruise. DH is not a wine drinker so i always brought on a 2 pack of the 4 individual size bottles of wine in my carry on vs the 750 mil bottle.....never had an issue. They inspected it, saw they were still unopened and on my way. I prefer the smaller bottles on a cruise as it is easier to chill the lil bottles than a big bottle already opened.

For our next cruise i may just do one 4 pack and if it gets confiscated i will know for the future???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the blame goes to those people that smuggled alcohol in their water, soda and other means of rumrunners. And those that scream the loudest are probably the ones that did the smuggling.

If this was really about smuggling alcohol, they would make the rule if you are caught smuggling, you will be removed from the cruise, no refund.. not we will take it away...

This is really another step toward assigning times to get on board the ship. First they went to emails about a time to board, then they changed this policy as they are wasting too much time through security for boarding.

The next rule will say that we still are not getting people on board in a timely manner, so we must institute a time for each party to board the ship. This will be the next big announcement.

Many drug stores sell cranberry pills that may work as well as if not better than the cranberry juice drinks.

What people don't realize is those drinks contain very little actual cranberry and a quantity of sugar. Those pills taken with adequate fluid work miracles.