Cruise Critic Onboard Star Princess in Alaska

Brittany C

Hi everyone!

I'll be boarding Star Princess on Saturday, June 20, in Whittier for a seven-night cruise through Glacier Bay to Vancouver with all-new North to Alaska! programming. We'll be running a Cruise Critic Live chat from June 22 to 26 while I'm onboard. If you've got a question about the ship, Alaska excursions or any of the onboard programs, simply leave it on the chat, and I'll answer once we get sailing. Thanks, and looking forward to it!

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor

Hi everyone!

I'll be boarding Star Princess on Saturday, June 20, in Whittier for a seven-night cruise through Glacier Bay to Vancouver with all-new North to Alaska! programming. We'll be running a Cruise Critic Live chat from June 22 to 26 while I'm onboard. If you've got a question about the ship, Alaska excursions or any of the onboard programs, simply leave it on the chat, and I'll answer once we get sailing. Thanks, and looking forward to it!

Awesome Brittany and I look forward to the live chat!

Darn, we will be on the Millennium to Alaska during your cruise. However, when we return, I look forward to reading all about your Star experience as we will be doing a B2B on the Star to Alaska next June.

Have a wonderful time and thanks for answering questions.

Hi everyone!

How exciting! We will be on this cruise too. My husband, celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary along with our best friends. This is our first time on Princess, first trip to Alaska (pre-cruise Denali land tour-yay) our 2nd cruise with our best friends! We have extended our stay in Vancouver and have tickets to the Women's World Cup quarter final game. Can't wait for our Alaskan Adventure to begin! Happy Sailing!

How exciting! We will be on this cruise too. My husband, celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary along with our best friends. This is our first time on Princess, first trip to Alaska (pre-cruise Denali land tour-yay) our 2nd cruise with our best friends! We have extended our stay in Vancouver and have tickets to the Women's World Cup quarter final game. Can't wait for our Alaskan Adventure to begin! Happy Sailing!

How exciting that you get to see a World Cup game. That will be great - enjoy

I believe Princess@Sea is available now -- I downloaded it and am going to try to test it out once onboard!

Princess@Sea is not what can be downloaded.

The messenger service is what can be downloaded.

Princess @ Sea (intranet website) was available on my May 14, 2015 Star Princess cruise from SF to Vancouver. I didn't download the messenger app but DH and I used the messenger capabilities within the browser with Princess @ Sea. Messenger connectivity was sometimes spotty, but the rest of Princess @ Sea worked consistently well for us.

Brittany, looking forward to reading about your experiences on the Star! DH and I loved the ship and would definitely sail on her again.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone!

I am dying to read your review since my husband and I were on this cruise and we both have a mixed review of the trip.

When and where can I find it?

Edited by brighteyes00