Princess Star in April 2012

kwahl1

Back then we sailed from Valpariso to SF on the Star. There was an incident on that voyage I've often wondered what ever became of it. Somewhere along the coast of South America there was a boat sending a distress signal, a passenger reported it to the stewards and "supposedly" it was reported to the bridge. Its was written about for several months on this forum. I do not know if there was any sort on investigation. The small fishing boat had two people on it, one dead. Made it sound like the Star's captain chose to sail on by. Any information on this from years ago?

Back then we sailed from Valpariso to SF on the Star. There was an incident on that voyage I've often wondered what ever became of it. Somewhere along the coast of South America there was a boat sending a distress signal, a passenger reported it to the stewards and "supposedly" it was reported to the bridge. Its was written about for several months on this forum. I do not know if there was any sort on investigation. The small fishing boat had two people on it, one dead. Made it sound like the Star's captain chose to sail on by. Any information on this from years ago?

We were on this voyage in March 2012. Here is the result of the inquiry:

http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2012/08/New-Evidence-Proves-Princess-Cruises-Did-Not-Fail-to-Rescue-Adrift-Fishermen-as-Alleged.html#.VXgmfVI9UgQ