Prinsendam - Interior Stateroom Question

syesmar

Hi,

I had a question about Interior Staterooms on the Prinsendam. I have sailed on her previously, but am curious about the Interior cabins. I know most of them are tiny, but read an old Thread about the Ks and Is being larger cabins. I have received conflicting information from reservation agents about putting the 2 beds together. Some have told me you can put them together and most have told me you cannot. I'd like to hear from someone who has stayed in a K or I about the size and opinion of these rooms.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Hi,

I had a question about Interior Staterooms on the Prinsendam. I have sailed on her previously, but am curious about the Interior cabins. I know most of them are tiny, but read an old Thread about the Ks and Is being larger cabins. I have received conflicting information from reservation agents about putting the 2 beds together. Some have told me you can put them together and most have told me you cannot. I'd like to hear from someone who has stayed in a K or I about the size and opinion of these rooms.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I haven't stayed in it but I have seen it and been in it.

Our friends had 232. It was quite spacious and the beds could certainly go together.

Not all the insides are small. Some are very small, but the right ones are quite spacious.

The inside K cabins on Deck 8 have beds that can be make as one larger bed. There are only 4 of them.

All the other K cabins have single beds that cannot be made into a queen bed. Aft Deck 8 was an add-on to the Prisendam. You can tell on the deck plans because all these aft cabins state that they don't have a walk-in closet.

We have done two cruises on the Prinsendam in K232 & loved this room. They are very large, King seize bed. Lots of closet space. On the same deck as the showroom, one deck down to the MDR. The location on the Promenade Deck is very handy.

Allan

If you look at Halfacts.com you can see an image of one of the inside K rooms on Deck 8.

http://halfacts.com/232-prinsendam/

If you go to the Holland America site and look at the deck plans for the other decks were there are insides, you will see a photo of the layout of all the other inside K rooms. The layout shows that there would not be room to put these two beds together.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=pr_2&deck=d&deep=0

We have done two cruises on the Prinsendam in K232 & loved this room. They are very large, King seize bed. Lots of closet space. On the same deck as the showroom, one deck down to the MDR. The location on the Promenade Deck is very handy.

Allan

It was the visit to your room I was referring to. I was really impressed :)

Those are the old mini suite rooms from the original ship I understand that were moved when they did the dry dock a few years ago.

We would never book an M inside room again on the Prinsendam. Last year we booked it as a Guarantee and couldn't change the booking as one of the segments on our back to back had sold out. We finally bought our way out while we were onboard for the second two weeks of our sailing. The M rooms have two beds that you can't push together and are so small that the one small chair in the room takes up most of the floor space. The upside to the rooms are that they are central and low down on deck 5 so you are not likely to get seasick and they are quiet. The M would be OK for one person but not for two people especially if you would like to sleep together. Yours, Naomi2