MSC vs NCL?

magiccruiser1

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

I have been looking at cruises to go on with my bf, and am looking at my choices for this November. I have sailed on Princess before, and he has never sailed. I have found a cruise on the NCL Breakway leaving from NYC that is in my price range, but also a cruise on the MSC Divina leaving from Miami that would allow me to book a balcony for the same price as an inside on the Breakaway.

I love the decor and style of the Divina, and the entertainment looks top notch from what I have seen on Youtube (the theater is GORGEOUS).

Compared to NCL, how is MSC as far as being casual? Are guests expected dress a bit more upscale?

We are both in our mid twenties, would MSC be a good choice for us?

Thanks!

I have been on both ships. Divina is amazing! The quality of entertainment they had on board blew away NCL. Also, service is much better, as is the food.

But no, MSC is not as casual as NCL. You don't see shorts and ballcaps in the dining room like you do on NCL.

I've been on both lines and MSC is not as casual as NCL. The entertainment and MDR food is "generally" better on MSC but IMHO the overall service on NCL is much more friendlier and hospitable. I think my late 20's kids would prefer NCL over MSC. They would be more likely to be turned off by the MSC service than the NCL food.