Extension cord funny

CoralReef

Just back from a great cruise on Connie. Staff, service, ports were excellent.

One funny thing -- as we boarded, we saw them confiscate an extension cord because "it might not be safe and might start a fire". At muster drills, there was a warning about using candles and electrical appliances because of the fire risk.

So, here is the extension cord Celebrity supplied for DH's CPAP. LOL!

image.jpg.57c052f0d2e37f28106999bac94624d2.jpg

One funny thing -- as we boarded, we saw them confiscate an extension cord because "it might not be safe and might start a fire". At muster drills, there was a warning about using candles and electrical appliances because of the fire risk.

Oh no!! How ridiculous!!

The extension cord I got on the Infinity recently was patched in several places with electrical tape and was probably 20 feet long. Besides the shoddy tape, it was a challenge to get the extra length under the bed. An accident waiting to happen

I believe that's the new Modern Luxury extension cord. :)

I believe that's the new Modern Luxury extension cord. :)

I believe Celebrity cannot replace the cords because they spent way too much on those high-end picnic baskets given to park-goers who will NEVER take a Celebrity cruise....

I hope X retires that extens cord soon. In future perhaps pre-coordinating with X before sailing will lead to a better arrangement for you.

When we disembarked Equinox in Dec '14 we went past a table half full of confiscated electric items like heating pads, hair curlers, travel irons available to be reclaimed.

I understand some bring an extension strip for more plugs but that this can trigger compatibility problems with 220 vs 110 volt systems in Europe.

Happy Cruising

Edited by greydog

I hope X retires that extens cord soon. In future perhaps pre-coordinating with X before sailing will lead to a better arrangement for you.

Oh, we submitted our Special Need form more than a month in advance!

Also for hubby's CPAP. Bare wire was exposed! And we, like the OP, also submitted our special needs request in advance.

DH would not use the cord; he was concerned that any arcing from the cord could damage his CPAP, (not to mention the cabin and the ship!)

We asked for another cord and received one that had to be 50 feet long and an inch thick. We had to coil it like a giant anaconda by the balcony door.

This appears to be a trend with Celebrity. I plan to let them know about it. If it weren't so unsafe, it would be funny, since they are confiscating passenger's cords. But this stuff really is no laughing matter...

Thanks for posting; I thought it was just a fluke. Obviously not.

I believe Celebrity cannot replace the cords because they spent way too much on those high-end picnic baskets given to park-goers who will NEVER take a Celebrity cruise....

SO TRUE! :rolleyes: