Lido deck interior- pros and cons

us2swingu

We have an interior on the Carnival Dream June of next year on the Lido deck. Has anyone ever had a cabin on this deck that maybe able to let me know the pros and cons if there are any. We may switch to a balcony down the road if they have a great sale as it gets closer, but as of now they only have 12 balcony's left on the lido deck for that cruise.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know all the pros and cons could be, but I'll be able to answer your question after February.

Reason why I picked the Lido is because my DH is "directionally challenged" - I figured if the pools and buffets were all on the same deck as our room, he might not get lost.....and if he wanted to find me he would just have to head out to one of the pools. :p

I will try to remember to let you know how it went.

I don't know all the pros and cons could be, but I'll be able to answer your question after February.

Reason why I picked the Lido is because my DH is "directionally challenged" - I figured if the pools and buffets were all on the same deck as our room, he might not get lost.....and if he wanted to find me he would just have to head out to one of the pools. :p

I will try to remember to let you know how it went.

Thank you and I hope that works out for ya, but sounds like you can't go wrong with your plan.. Good luck.

We had balcony in Lido last moth on the Splendor. I have always loved being close to the pool and food. Sitting around the pool, I like to be able to get back quickly to my room to get a drink or when I need something I forgot. I like a quick way to the outside, too.

Pros: Lido Deck

Cons: Inside

:D:D

All jokes aside, the location alone is worth it.

If you don't spend a lot of time in your room, you will love it.

We ONLY book Lido on the Dream class ships.

Enjoy!!!!

The Lido deck is so close to much of what my DH and I enjoy....as for noise, to us not much more than anywhere else. We've stayed in inside, balcony and suites, so that being said, we don't really stay that much in our cabin. So the inside is fine, depending on the time of year the balconies are normally to hot to enjoy and anything over 8 days and we do a suite. Hope this helps.

If you spend a good portion of your ship time on the outdoor decks, I say stay on Lido. I just had a lido interior on an 8 day on the Conquest and it was very convenient. When Im on the ship during the day I spend most of my time out by the pool or doing something on one of the outdoor decks. It was great to be able to run to my room for anything I might need without it being a 10+ minute round trip.

Pros: Lido Deck

Cons: Inside

:D:D

All jokes aside, the location alone is worth it.

If you don't spend a lot of time in your room, you will love it.

We ONLY book Lido on the Dream class ships.

Enjoy!!!!

my thoughts exactly. Great location but balcony makes it so much better.

We booked (balcony) Lido for the first time for our next (14 day!) cruise and I'm very excited. Like some of you said, to be able to run back to my room for items when lounging by the pool will be so convenient! And breakfast will be so close, too!!!

We have an interior on the Carnival Dream June of next year on the Lido deck. Has anyone ever had a cabin on this deck that maybe able to let me know the pros and cons if there are any. We may switch to a balcony down the road if they have a great sale as it gets closer, but as of now they only have 12 balcony's left on the lido deck for that cruise.

Thanks in advance.

I was in an interior Lido deck cabin on the Dream. The best thing about this cabin: location, location, location!!!! After being on Lido, I don't like settling for any other deck! I don't spend much time in my room other than sleeping, so I have no cons to share about an interior room. The only way I'd switch rooms would be for another room on Lido.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Lido is my favorite, since we spend a lot of time at the pool or on Serenity deck. It's also convenient if you go to the gym. It is a long way from indoor activities, but I still prefer it overall.

We had a balcony on the Lido deck and loved both. The noise level wasn't any greater than any where else on ship IMO. We aren't "pool people" but like being close to the buffet for breakfast and lunch. Dinner is always in the MDR. I prefer balconies but have stayed in interiors and they are fine. Love the darkness in the interiors for sleeping.

We always do inside cabins and Lido is my preferred deck. In fact we will be on a Lido Deck cabin on the breeze next Feb. All the Lido insides are booked for that cruise already so I am glad I booked early.

You really do feel close to the action on the lido and we have never had any noise issues in that location. Really cant go wrong with it.

Interior lido on Splendor....all pros....no cons

We like the middle area. There's a door that leads to the cabins...it's like a secret passage.

DH (not a cruise lover at all) really liked this location...enough to be the reason he said he'll go again.

Thanks in advance.

I really can't think of any cons. We think it's the best area on the ship to have a cabin.

Edited by Kcarp

Cons- None[emoji1]

I had a lido balcony room on Breeze (room #10287) a few years ago and ever since then I have tried to get a lido room on every cruise I go one (but since we book last minute we haven't been able to snag one since[emoji26]). The locations is so convenient and I never had any problems with noise. Also kind of a funny side note is that if someone in my family was taking up the bathroom we could just walk to the public restroom by the pool[emoji23]!!!! (and this happened many times) And as someone mentioned earlier if you have a room on midship there is a secret door that is honestly 2 steps from the door that leads you outside.

Cons- None[emoji1]

I had a lido balcony room on Breeze (room #10287) a few years ago and ever since then I have tried to get a lido room on every cruise I go one (but since we book last minute we haven't been able to snag one since[emoji26]). The locations is so convenient and I never had any problems with noise. Also kind of a funny side note is that if someone in my family was taking up the bathroom we could just walk to the public restroom by the pool[emoji23]!!!! (and this happened many times) And as someone mentioned earlier if you have a room on midship there is a secret door that is honestly 2 steps from the door that leads you outside.

We're in an interior on Lido, on the Breeze, 10289. Right across the hall from your room and loved it so much that we have the same location on the Sunshine in September. Room 9219. Literally steps through the secret door to Lido. That's where we spent most of our time and the convenience to our room was incredible.

We're in an interior on Lido, on the Breeze, 10289. Right across the hall from your room and loved it so much that we have the same location on the Sunshine in September. Room 9219. Literally steps through the secret door to Lido. That's where we spent most of our time and the convenience to our room was incredible.

I tried to get that same room on Sunshine for this July but as usual booked last minute and all the Lido deck rooms were sold out which was disappointing, so instead we booked deck 8 so we could still be close to Lido. I've heard complaints about noise being right under the Lido but I guess I'll see how it goes!

As long as your not directly under the Lido Pool area your probably going to be ok..we made the mistake once, we thought it was pool lounge chairs being drug across the deck area but it was the buffet area workers pushing carts. It wasn't loud enough to keep us awake but you could hear it.

I loved being in a Lido balcony cabin on the Breeze last summer. Very convenient for getting breakfast in the buffet and Guys burgers in the afternoon and eating them on our balcony. And, yes, also super easy access for refilling my "water" bottle when it got low.