Legend self-serve laundry?

perlgirlnj

In a weird but wonderful twist, we sailed on the Legend this February when it was still a Seabourn ship, and now we're sailing on it in October as a Windstar ship.

When it was Seabourn, there was a self-serve laundry down the hall from our cabin. Does anyone know if it's still there (perhaps someone who has been on the other little sister ships knows)? I can't tell from the brochure--it does look like it's been taken out.

I've read that people use the Windstar laundry service. I'm just used to taking my things out of the dryer early so they don't shrink and I'd rather do it that way if I can.

I do not know if there us self-service laundry on the Legend but I do know that WS sailing ships have extraordinary laundry service. I have all my laundry washed in cold water and hung dry, they do it that way no problem. Out by 9 in by 5. My laundry comes back perfectly. The prices are very reasonable. Terrific service. Happy Sailing. Susanne

Allow me to second the ship's laundry service -- at roughly $15/day for the entire cabin, the unlimited package is a phenomenal value. You can ensure that you always have clean clothes while spending your time enjoying the cruise, not cooped up in a laundry room. :)

Can't say for sure about the Legend, but there was no sign of a self-service laundry on the Pride, and I agree with the others. Get the laundry package.

We had three days on our trip before we got onboard and the first day all our dirty stuff went to be washed, did it a couple times during the cruise and then sent everything out on the last full day. We did the trip easily with carryon bags.

Everything we sent out in the morning always came back the same day, but that's not guaranteed.

In agreement with the other comments. You cannot beat the laundry service on Windstar and they will do your laundry exactly the way you request it to be done. Only thing they can't do is dry cleaning.

Cost money to process, store and hire specialized companies to take hazardous waste ashore. Dry cleaning machines have been removed from some lines, including Princess and I suspect WS. All the better for the environment.

dandee2

We were on the inaugural voyage of the Star Legend last month. There is no self-service laundry on the ship. But it was only a 6-day cruise, so we didn't need to do laundry.

• 2 weeks later...