New Carnival Wine Policy

Cobra427SC

Yesterday, I read in the paper that CCL has changed its policy for bringing wine aboard. Is this across the board, all lines, or just Carnival ships? Perhaps this was covered recently, but I may have missed it. Anyone know if it will apply to Princess? thanx sdm

Yesterday, I read in the paper that CCL has changed its policy for bringing wine aboard. Is this across the board, all lines, or just Carnival ships? Perhaps this was covered recently, but I may have missed it. Anyone know if it will apply to Princess? thanx sdm

No it does not apply to Princess.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2219952

The new policy is put into effect by Carnival Cruise lines, not Carnival Corporation. It does not apply to Princess
It wouldn't apply to Princess any more than it would apply to Cunard, Seaborne, etc. The Carnival Corporation cruise lines are separate corporations and are managed separately, kind of like Pizza Hut and Kentucky Fried Chicken which are both owned by the same corporation. If there's money to be made, like with the all-inclusive beverage package which is making tons of money for Princess since it doesn't pay for most people, some things might be adopted and/or adapted for Princess. Edited by Pam in CA

I received the letter from Carnival Cruise Line as I have a cruise booked on Carnival Magic in November. The wine policy did not change, you are still allowed to bring 1 (750ml) bottle of wine for each adult passenger. The change pertained to bringing bottles of water and soda onboard their ships. You are not allowed to bring anything in a bottle other than wine. If you want to bring soda onboard, you may bring up to 12 cans onboard per passenger.

Unlike Princess, when you boarded a Carnival ship they inspected each and every bottle of water and soda. It was very time consuming (I know because I always take my own stash of water and diet cokes on cruises).