favorites and must eats....

tutuwahineLV

What's yours??

We all know that there are special items that are usually only had on a cruise. My previous cruise experiences have been mostly on NCL....and I know that I MUST have pretzel rolls, then I know I'm really really on vacation. The pretzel rolls make me happy, and the only place I've ever had them is on the ships.

So, with that being said.... My first DCL trip is in a little less than 11 months, and on the Wonder, to cross the panama canal. So help me out here...

What is the one thing you ALWAYS have to have when you are on a Disney Ship...besides the obvious Mickey Bar ice cream.. lol.. I don't do ice cream on a stick, even if it is in the iconic ear shape.

TIA for your suggestions, and if you have pictures of your fav's you want to share, even better.

Tutu

What's yours??

We all know that there are special items that are usually only had on a cruise. My previous cruise experiences have been mostly on NCL....and I know that I MUST have pretzel rolls, then I know I'm really really on vacation. The pretzel rolls make me happy, and the only place I've ever had them is on the ships.

So, with that being said.... My first DCL trip is in a little less than 11 months, and on the Wonder, to cross the panama canal. So help me out here...

What is the one thing you ALWAYS have to have when you are on a Disney Ship...besides the obvious Mickey Bar ice cream.. lol.. I don't do ice cream on a stick, even if it is in the iconic ear shape.

TIA for your suggestions, and if you have pictures of your fav's you want to share, even better.

Tutu

Chicken tenders

Palo Chocolate Soufflé

Grand Marnier Soufflé

Chicken Parmesan (Palo brunch)

Grape and Gorgonzola Pizza (Palo brunch)

BBQ ribs (Pirate menu)

French Onion Soup

Crème Brulee

There's more - but that'll get you started.

I really enjoy the cheese plate from room service. It's a nice afternoon or late evening snack.

We also like the ice cream on the top deck and the yummy snacks at Cove Cafe.

I couldn't help but end up with an ice cream cone in my hand every time I passed the self service soft serve station on the pool deck (they had one on Castaway Cay, too - I may or may not have eaten one on my way to eat lunch, ha ha). The chocolate/vanilla tasted almost like Dairy Queen, but once they brought out the strawberry, that was the only flavor I ate the rest of the cruise! I didn't see the Mickey shaped ice cream on the ship. I also never ate anything from Flo's Cafe snack bar because I ended up heading for the ice cream every time instead. 😄

My favourite dish from last time was the Potato, Celeriac and Onion Gratin

with Butter Collard Greens (animator's palate menu).

My mom really enjoys the tomato soup and cheese plate from the room service menu.

My dad loves the Disney macaroni and cheese. Eats it whenever he can (has even ordered it as an appetizer or side dish at dinner).

sounds delicious....

interesting that it's such a variety too.... but I am sensing somewhat of a thread... souffle's and gratins... and soft serve ice cream..

keep the suggestions coming

please, and thank you

They used to have chocolate chip cookie dough soft serve ice cream at GSC which was great but they stopped that.

The thing about the food around the pools is it is usually nice and hot (or cold if it is supposed to be) which is great. What we did see the last time we were on the Fantasy was a special at the grill each day. They had a great philly cheese steak one day so that was a nice surprise. They had BBQ sandwiches another day. Don't recall the rest.

We have only done the Dream and the Fantasy so I am not sure how much they differ foodwise, but our favorites are listed below:

Gran marnier soufflé

Chocolate soufflé (palo)

Mickey Pretzels

Strawberry Banana Softserve

Baked potato cheddar soup (Animators)

My husband also loves the paninis from Flo's Cafe (Goofy's Galley on the Wonder)

They used to have chocolate chip cookie dough soft serve ice cream at GSC which was great but they stopped that.

The thing about the food around the pools is it is usually nice and hot (or cold if it is supposed to be) which is great. What we did see the last time we were on the Fantasy was a special at the grill each day. They had a great philly cheese steak one day so that was a nice surprise. They had BBQ sandwiches another day. Don't recall the rest.

Messed that up, should have said "CC" vs. "GSC" - got my private islands goofed up.

Oh my...so many favorites. :)

Baked Alaska

Penne pasta (animators palate)

Grilled chicken ceasar wrap

Chateabriand (royal court)

Lobster

Pizza (flos)

Soft serve ice cream (eye scream) especially the bananna/strawberry twisted.

Tomato soup

Cheeseburgers (12 year old loves these)

Steak on the healthy menu with steamed rice (13 year old has this almost every night)

Pretty much any dessert is good!

I have to wait another 80 days for the next cruise. I really want to go now!

The Black Truffle Pasta Pursiettes in Animator's are my favorite! I usually do a double order of them because they are so freaking good.

I also really enjoy the cheese course in Remy.

My whole family likes the wraps and chicken tenders by the pool, the cheese plate from room service and the cake of the day from room service.