changing cabins

delgirl

we have a oceanview cabin on the constellation in august concierge cabins have come down alot would be better paying for an upgrade to concierge cabin (which has a balcony) or staying put. Have been quoted extra £275.00 each.

didn't come with any perks. Just have to pay for upgrade as already paid for holiday. its 7 days round eastern med

Be careful, most of the Concierge perks are fluff or available to the whole ship, in my opinion and many others not worth that much money. The only real reason to do this would be on an M class ship to get a better cabin or veranda or if some good perks like free tips or drink packages kick in. Too much money for me just to change to a veranda. If you really want the veranda, go for it.

Edited by dkjretired

I assume your present ocean view is a room with no balcony. In that case I would upgrade. The Eastern Med. is so beautiful you will want to just look and enjoy. Order room service coffee and croissants and soak in the views and ambience of your ports of call. In the evening sit out for a last drink......

I agree it is a lot of money but I think you will enjoy. If I am mistaken and your room is already a balcony then the upgrade probably isn't worth it.

If you value privacy and outside lounging from upgrade to balcony it may offer some value compared to pool hangout. As far a balcony view, travel from port to port usually involves distances from shore so you see mostly water, perhaps distant shore at horizon. Otherwise, using the saved $ for onboard spending, gratuities likely more value than getting the few extra concierge cabin amenities.

In the meantime, especially after final payment, watch upgrade $ to move to standard category balcony. Happy cruising

we have a oceanview cabin on the constellation in august concierge cabins have come down alot would be better paying for an upgrade to concierge cabin (which has a balcony) or staying put. Have been quoted extra £275.00 each.

I would also be proactive and see how much a change to Aqua Class might be, sometimes they are similar to Concierge Cabins. This involves a real upgrade since you would get Blu, your own restaurant, which is like eating in a specialty restaurant every night.