Choice Air

I tried to book our Florida flight through Choice Air, but they would only book us economy and then we would have to upgrade directly with the airline. I found 2 problems with this:

1. It might be more expensive to upgrade after the fact.
  2. What am I paying them for, then?

We don't fly much so please excuse my ignorance re this question. We are flying to San Juan to cruise B2B in March. Do you think ChoiceAir would have a better price vs Southwest? Still waiting for SW flights to be released for next March. A few weeks ago, CA price was $599.10 pp rt and a couple of days ago, it had risen to $616.10 pp rt from Indianapolis. Wondering if SW may have a better deal, as bags fly free. Anybody have some insight? :rolleyes:

We don't fly much so please excuse my ignorance re this question. We are flying to San Juan to cruise B2B in March. Do you think ChoiceAir would have a better price vs Southwest? Still waiting for SW flights to be released for next March. A few weeks ago, CA price was $599.10 pp rt and a couple of days ago, it had risen to $616.10 pp rt from Indianapolis. Wondering if SW may have a better deal, as bags fly free. Anybody have some insight? :rolleyes:

We used Southwest to fly to San Juan this past January. Cost was about $450 RT from STL.

We used Southwest to fly to San Juan this past January. Cost was about $450 RT from STL.

Thanks Bob! Will probably wait for SW prices to post to compare prices. Do you think it's better to purchase as soon as they come out or wait until later this fall? IMO, prices seem to go up from November to January because of the holidays, I guess. Just don't know why that would make a difference if my flight won't be until March. Wish I understood this better. :o

Thanks Bob! Will probably wait for SW prices to post to compare prices. Do you think it's better to purchase as soon as they come out or wait until later this fall? IMO, prices seem to go up from November to January because of the holidays, I guess. Just don't know why that would make a difference if my flight won't be until March. Wish I understood this better. :o

I'd purchase as soon as they come out. With Southwest, you can get a credit if the prices go down.

I'd purchase as soon as they come out. With Southwest, you can get a credit if the prices go down.

Yes, I do like that feature! :cool: However, we rarely fly and a couple of years ago lost the credit because we didn't use it within the required year time frame. :(

For our one-way from CPH (Copenhagen) to SGF (Springfield, MO) this August, it was $553 per person. The cheapest I could find anywhere else was $1800. And when I went to the airline website and searched for the specific flight we were booked, it was $3000 a person! I'm not thrilled with coach and the inability to upgrade to a roomier seat, but I can't beat that price!

Whenever I have searched domestically it has been the same price as the airline so I normally book direct with the airline instead.