Embarkation day...your very latest?

MAKINGWAVES

Due to flight schedules being changed, we will be flying into New Orleans airport a little before 2:00 instead of 12:00 as orignally planed. We are using Carnival's transfer shuttle. 2:00 is the cut off time for the Carnival shuttle to pick you up. If we are real lucky, we will be able to board the Dream around 3:00.

What's the latest some of you have boarded on embarkation day? This has me very tense.

You are using the ship's transfers...you will have NO problems at all. If you were doing this on your own so late, I would agree with the above poster. But you're not, so I don't agree. you have NO WORRIES.

I'm assuming that the flights are thru Carnival as well? If not, you can rebook your flights....if they change your schedule by more than 90 mins...it's totally allowed to do that!

Edited by cb at sea

I would do this only if your flight and transfer is thru Carnival. Carnival transfer won't likely wait for you if you are not flying a "Carnival" flight. You might also want to think about having only carry on luggage. I have waited more than an hour for my bags to arrive and seldom less than 30 minutes. Best of luck.

Due to flight schedules being changed, we will be flying into New Orleans airport a little before 2:00 instead of 12:00 as orignally planed. We are using Carnival's transfer shuttle. 2:00 is the cut off time for the Carnival shuttle to pick you up. If we are real lucky, we will be able to board the Dream around 3:00.

What's the latest some of you have boarded on embarkation day? This has me very tense.

Call your airline. Since the change to your schedule is more than 1 hour, they are required to allow you to reschedule your flight to an earlier time at no extra cost or change fees to you if there is one.

Unless you booked your flight through Carnival as well, you really should change your flight. If a much earlier flight isn't possible, please consider flying in a day early.

The fact that you have the transfer booked through Carnival would only protect you if there was a delay in the transfer process itself. If your flight is delayed significantly they won't hold the bus or ship for you.

I almost always fly in the same day and realize that I am taking a chance, but I book flights that arrive early (8-9 a.m.) with the possibility of catching a later flight if there was a cancellation. Considering you are already taking a chance, pushing it by seeing how late you can arrive is not a good plan. Certainly not for the start of a carefree holiday with the family.

Hoping for the best,

have a great cruise

2:30 in Seattle one time. We had trouble with our prepaid transfer. Most airlines allow time and actually land earlier so they can have a better on time rate. Of course anything can happen but summer time the chances are less with the weather.Me? I'd be concerned and try to change to an earlier flight and hope the extra cost won't be too much.