dining package over crowding

don24

with the free dinning and drink packages offerings are there any complaints about there being over crowding or few reservation slots to accommodate.

Don't know if there are actually any problems but I assure you that there are complaints.

Whether you have a drink or dining package really doesn't make a difference..EVERYONE onboard will be eating and drinking with or without the package....

Of course it does. most people will not use all specialty restaurants on a cruise if they have to pay. but If its a free package most people will want to use it for all nights adding to congestion

Of course it does. most people will not use all specialty restaurants on a cruise if they have to pay. but If its a free package most people will want to use it for all nights adding to congestion

I would agree. I normally don't eat in specialty restaurants but because I got the free package, I plan to eat in them quite a bit. I actually booked my specialty restaurants for my Sept. cruise already an some dates had very limited times.

Can you prebook the specialty restaurants and shore excursions that you get when booking a suite in advance?

Yes you can. The shore excursion credit you can call at any time before your cruise. There is a dedicated number for this and it can't be done online. For the dining, suite pre-booking opens up 100 days out online. For non-Haven cabins, it starts at 90 days out.

Yes you can. The shore excursion credit you can call at any time before your cruise. There is a dedicated number for this and it can't be done online. For the dining, suite pre-booking opens up 100 days out online. For non-Haven cabins, it starts at 90 days out.

Thank you i will do that to avoid not getting the restaurants & shore Excursions I want.

you are wasting your breath. The person you are responding too only post drive bys and never comes back to post on any thread again.

Bill

with the free dinning and drink packages offerings are there any complaints about there being over crowding or few reservation slots to accommodate.

We had pre-booked dining so I can't comment on that. We did decide to change our dining reservation for the last night and found our only options were one of the three complimentary restaurants. Seems many folks planned on specialty dining for the last night. This was on the Gem last week.

We had the beverage package and enjoyed it. Only complaint would be that some bars only had one bartender working during the day. At night there would be 2 to 4 bartenders, but wait times were just as long or longer due to many guests ordering drinks. You'll learn to be patient when ordering drinks...

Edited by Paul from Maryland

We were on the Dawn three weeks ago. We are platinum so we had two complimentary dinners at specialty restaurants. We went down to book on the morning of the first sea day and it was difficult to get a table. Fortunately we dine early so it wasn't too bad, but on one of our preferred days there was no availability at all. Ironically, the two nights at dinner there were many empty tables in one of the restaurants, and it had showed booked solid. Guess there are many no shows. What a shame.

Ironically, the two nights at dinner there were many empty tables in one of the restaurants, and it had showed booked solid. Guess there are many no shows. What a shame.

I've seen this come up a few times, and I wonder if no-shows are becoming a bigger problem under the promos since there is no monetary penalty for missing your reservation. Unfortunately, it makes the reservations more difficult to book even when there are ultimately empty tables. Sounds lose-lose for both NCL and customers. Sad that people need to be hit in the wallet in order to show some basic courtesey. Maybe there should be another penalty - don't show up for a reservation and any remaining reservations for that passenger will be cancelled could be one way to do it. Just a thought...;)

Our experience with all the vacancies that night was there were several groups who cancelled or no showed at the last minute. It was a popular port day when y out would expect a lot of people might wish to crash, and I guess they did. Unfortunately for the Platinums, we cannot reserve dining until we are onboard, so it places us at a disadvantage. Not complaining, just suggesting that there may be a better way to handle things.