9:45 AM flight?

pinkroses

Short answer - don't try. You have to clear security, which always seems to take forever, plus before you can even attempt security or checking your luggage you have to take it all through agricultural inspection. You need to be at the airport no later than 7:45 and that is really not a reasonable expectation.

You may attracted to this flight due to it being a lower price? It is because- cruise passengers, can't make it. :)

Simple math and time involved would require being "first" at all the hold up points, off the ship, run to a cab, carry on only, check in, inspection, security, distance to the gate.

Sorry, no, not likely to even have a chance.

If you're wanting the 9:45am flight because it's cheaper, I'd suggest looking at hotel prices and booking the cheaper flight the following day. I found it cheaper to get a hotel for $160/night at the Embassy Suites than to pay for a flight home the day we disembark. I was going to stay an extra day anyway but this happened to be a cheaper option when I checked prices.

So, if a later flight costs more than $250 (I'm adding in money for the food and taxis you'll have to pay for if you stay) then I would just stay overnight and leave on the cheap early morning flight the next day.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

There is at least one other thread on here recently asking the exact same question. They also got the same answer.

Very iffy maybe, but most likely you will miss the flight.

Is it worth all the stress while you are on vacation, to chance missing your flight home. Not!

I docks with Celebrity Summit al 6:00 a.m. and I've the flight at 10:00 a.m ..I've read that some people leaving the ship by theirselves at 7:40...is it true?Can I take the flight or I'll lose it?:confused:

You can totally do it. We did it last year. With tons to time to spare. Keep take luggage and do self assist. Get right down to the bottom of the ship as soon as they call for self assist. I think it was 645am. We were off the boat though security and in a cab by 710. To the airport and the airport was EMPTY. Got right through AG Screening luggage checked with airline. Right through TSA and to the terminal with 90 minutes to spare!

I've also did an 11am flight in 2013. We were pacing waiting around

If your on top of your game there will be zero issues

Edited by mlrack101

You can totally do it. We did it last year. With tons to time to spare. Keep take luggage and do self assist. Get right down to the bottom of the ship as soon as they call for self assist. I think it was 645am. We were off the boat though security and in a cab by 710. To the airport and the airport was EMPTY. Got right through AG Screening luggage checked with airline. Right through TSA and to the terminal with 90 minutes to spare!

I've also did an 11am flight in 2013. We were pacing waiting around

If your on top of your game there will be zero issues

We have done this numerous times as well. Did the self walk off, and was at the gate by 7:45. The only real issue that's out of your control is when they allow you off the ship based on customs. As long as they let you off between 6:00 and 7:00 you should be fine. I have never seen the security backed up that early, usually after 9:00 or 10:00, but that's just based on my experience, and I'm sure it can change at the drop of a hat. Good luck in whatever you decide!

Edited by djandnic

Trying to book flight today and here's my quandary:

It's a Carnival Journey cruise; so it starts in BWI and ends in SJU. Both US ports but who knows how SJU customs is going to handle it, right?

Two flight options: 11:20 AM with connecting at JFK (2:50 layover)

12:53 PM with connecting at JFK (1:15 layover)

Both flights connect to same flight which will take me to Charlotte. With the earlier flight, I'm worried about missing the flight (I do have FTTF so I will be in an early group to disembark) and with the second flight, I am worried about missing my connection since the cruise is in January in the middle of WINTER. Racking my brain debating which one to book! This flight is hundreds of dollars cheaper than the next cheapest airline. It is with Jetblue and I read the Jetblue does have its own terminal at SJU - it's also on a Thursday and only the Carnival Sunshine is in port with us.

Advice anyone?

11:20. Again, do self assist. I've don't the carnival cruise closed loop out of San Juan twice. Just be proactive. Have your stuff ready to roll. Get to the gangway early. All custom forms filled out IDs ready to go. I've done 3 cruises out of San Juan all with our birth certificates and customs is almost a joke. You'll be fine. The only thing is when you get to the airport ALL bags have to go through AG screening before checking in simple quick X-ray of your bags they slap a sticker on there and you're good to go to the airline check in.

I'd do 1120 in a heart beat!

11:20. Again, do self assist. I've don't the carnival cruise closed loop out of San Juan twice. Just be proactive. Have your stuff ready to roll. Get to the gangway early. All custom forms filled out IDs ready to go. I've done 3 cruises out of San Juan all with our birth certificates and customs is almost a joke. You'll be fine. The only thing is when you get to the airport ALL bags have to go through AG screening before checking in simple quick X-ray of your bags they slap a sticker on there and you're good to go to the airline check in.

I'd do 1120 in a heart beat!

Thanks - I've sailed a closed loop out of SJU 2x just worried since it's coming from Baltimore.