Teen activities on The liberty of the seas

I just got off Freedom with my 15yo son, and I only saw him a few times all week long.

Based on advice I'd seen here, he went to the teen club the first night, met a bunch of other teens, and they all hung out together all week long.

Sometimes they did the group activities (there is a separate time for teens to use the skating rink, for example, plus the previously mentioned scavenger hunt, etc.), and sometimes they just hung out in the Living Room (teen-only area) or the pool/hot tub, and they danced in the teen nightclub every night (he's bummed now that we're home, because there is no such thing as "night life" for a 15yo on land!).

The key is to head to the teen area the first night to meet other people... if he does that, he'll never be bored (until 1am when curfew kicks in and Deck Patrol makes him return to his stateroom!).

I just got off Freedom with my 15yo son, and I only saw him a few times all week long.

Based on advice I'd seen here, he went to the teen club the first night, met a bunch of other teens, and they all hung out together all week long.

Sometimes they did the group activities (there is a separate time for teens to use the skating rink, for example, plus the previously mentioned scavenger hunt, etc.), and sometimes they just hung out in the Living Room (teen-only area) or the pool/hot tub, and they danced in the teen nightclub every night (he's bummed now that we're home, because there is no such thing as "night life" for a 15yo on land!).

The key is to head to the teen area the first night to meet other people... if he does that, he'll never be bored (until 1am when curfew kicks in and Deck Patrol makes him return to his stateroom!).

This sounds exactly like our 16-year-old son on the June 4th Liberty sailing. He went to the teen club the first night and made friends, and after that we barely saw him except while in port and except at dinner every night (family rule).

Flowrider, rock wall, mini-golf, basketball.

In addition to the sports activities mentioned by Bob, there is also the teen club with their own planned activities. Scavenger Hunt, Dance Club, Arcade.

And ice skating!

At one of the teen events, our DS16 even won a tour of the bridge!

Edited by KelJ

• 2 weeks later...

We were on vision last year... i saw my kids at dinner, or if they were in the room watching TV. This year we are going on the liberty of the seas, and both are old enough for the teen room, not just one. I dont plan on seeing them much.

Do you know how strict they are on the ages? My daughter will be two weeks shy of 15 and I am sure she would much rather be with 15-17 year olds....

Depends on the passenger demographics on your particular cruise. Sometimes a group is too large, they won't let her move into it. Sometimes her "correct" group is too large, and they are more willing to grant the request. There are other variables, too. It's hard to predict.