Coco Cay - to Cabana or Not Cabana?

We are staying in an Owner's Suite on our upcoming cruise on FOS. We have never been to Coco Cay before as weather has always required an itinerary change.

Is it worth getting a cabana? We are a family of four - me, DH, DS(15), and DD(12).

Other better options? We are definitely beach people but We are considering renting the jet skis and possibly parasailing.

TIA!

Truthfully we enjoyed being closer to the water slides . The beach was beautiful lots to watch. Our girls 22 and 15 had a great time. We spent most of the day on a float in the water. You can always rent a umbrella for shade. I don't like the idea of being confined to just one area. It was fun to move around on the beach.

Cocktails are plentiful all over the area and we ate a late big breakfast so we never even ate lunch in coco cay.

But it did smell nice when we walked by. Instead we rushed to beat the crowds on the tenders and went straight to Serrantos for pizza.

No matter what you decide your family will enjoy. In my opinion no on the cabana

Since you say you are beach people, you should know that the cabanas at Coco Cay do not have direct access to the beach. You have to walk a hundred yards or so to the public beach area.

We stayed in one with friends and were very uncomfortable since there was no breeze and no fan. It was like sitting in a shed. This was last spring. If they have fans, or even a mini-fridge now (before items were brought on ice in a cooler) may think differently, but my opinion as of now is not worth it / pass.

The upgraded lunch buffet was excellent however.

Unless you REALLY want to spend that money, there is really no NEED for a cabana...there is shade under trees....and since you're going to be spending some good money on those excursions...(which means you won't be using that cabana much...) I'd say it isn't worth it...

I don't know about the "upgraded" buffet... but I do know the regular one is fine and dandy!

Edited by cb at sea

Can you still take advantage of the upgraded lunch buffet if you are in a suite but don't rent a cabana?

Not at Coco Cay, that's a Labadee thing. There's no suite area at Coco Cay.

If you want the upgraded lunch buffet, you have to rent a cabana.

Edited by clarea

Sorry don't have the time to wade through all the nitpicking. Only thing I have learned in several pages is OP didn't care for the food. Food is so subjective and a small part of the entire cruising experience. Where's the review!

I think you made a right turn when you wanted to make a left turn