Cancelled Date - Celebrity Came Through (Somewhat)

Boscodog

We were scheduled on the August 13, 2016 Mediterranean Cruise on the Equinox which subsequently was chartered. We just re-booked on the August 19, 2016 Reflection for 10 days (instead of 13) cruise of a similar itinerary.

After a call to Celebrity (and asking for resolutions department ) they allowed us to keep our 50% deposit and continue with 123 Go package. I know it is a small victory but I did not feel I should have to increase my deposit because they cancelled the cruise. The new cruise had the ALL IN Inclusive which was identical to the 123GO. We are all set now and I can start researching ports.

Good for you.....common sense is not so common any more....what you were asking for is to be made whoke....no brainer.....sad to think of all the other passengers who don't have the cc resource to give advice on how to manage the system.....we are going on the same cruise in Oct next year....have a wonderful time!!

We were scheduled on the August 13, 2016 Mediterranean Cruise on the Equinox which subsequently was chartered. We just re-booked on the August 19, 2016 Reflection for 10 days (instead of 13) cruise of a similar itinerary.

After a call to Celebrity (and asking for resolutions department ) they allowed us to keep our 50% deposit and continue with 123 Go package. I know it is a small victory but I did not feel I should have to increase my deposit because they cancelled the cruise. The new cruise had the ALL IN Inclusive which was identical to the 123GO. We are all set now and I can start researching ports.

So pleased you managed to get it sorted, especially as you were celebrating a special anniversary :).

Make sure you print out all your perks. It would be awful if you got on the ship and they tried to say you did not have them. Has happened to us but we had plenty of written confirmation documents to show them.

Make sure you print out all your perks. It would be awful if you got on the ship and they tried to say you did not have them. Has happened to us but we had plenty of written confirmation documents to show them.

Actually when I rebooked my TA said it would take 7-10 days to have the perks put in our account and the tips (which are supposed to be included) were added to our bill. Also they put the higher tax charged on the first cruise on this new account, and they said they would refund the difference which is around $50.00. They said this could take until final payment is due to get the taxes adjusted . Seems sort of strange. I will definitely make sure everything is correct and I have plenty of time too.

Actually when I rebooked my TA said it would take 7-10 days to have the perks put in our account and the tips (which are supposed to be included) were added to our bill. Also they put the higher tax charged on the first cruise on this new account, and they said they would refund the difference which is around $50.00. They said this could take until final payment is due to get the taxes adjusted . Seems sort of strange. I will definitely make sure everything is correct and I have plenty of time too.

It is true that it takes Celebrity a few days to add the perks to the confirmation letter. Be sure to request an updated confirmation. Glad it is working out and you have a cruise to look forward to.